• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

Before you ask why there isn't much information here, it's because the old FFXIV is finished.

There will be a separate thread made in due course for the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. This thread is purely discussion until that thread is created.

jbqCwvJLsAplxu.jpg

Beta phases
There will be 4 phases in total for the duration of beta testing.
First phase will begin on the 25th of February, access is open to all those who hold FFXIV:ARR Legacy qualifications. The following tests will be by invite only with the exception of the third phase wherein players who have a registered FFXIV account may also join in. The fourth and final phase is an open beta. The start dates of the following tests are yet to be determined.

Beta information:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Applying for the beta:

http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na (North America)
http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu (Europe)
http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/fr (France)
http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/de (Germany)

Media

A new beginning (epilogue and prologue for A Realm Reborn)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ

Historical reading section

The story so far:
Seeking control over this realm and its abundant crystal resources, the Garlean Empire (a scientifically advanced nation hailing from the north) begins gathering an army of epic proportions. To ready themselves for the coming conflict, the city-states of Eorzea reinstate the Grand Companies─comprehensive centers of command which combine the commonwealths’ military and economic assets. However, the commander of the invading forces, VIIth Imperial Legion Legatus Nael van Darnus (a.k.a. “White Raven”), has plans of his own. Driven by madness, he silently plots to usher in a more permanent form of devastation: Meteor.

The Meteor project is comprised of a complex scheme employing arcane magicks and lost technology to summon the lesser moon down to Eorzea in an attempt to annihilate the realm’s inhabitants in one fell stroke. Dalamud, as the celestial object is commonly known, is revealed to be a colossal machine launched thousands of years ago into the planet’s orbit by an ancient civilization.

Realizing the futility of standing alone against such a threat, the Grand Companies put aside deep-rooted differences and consolidate their forces under the banner of the Eorzean Alliance.

At the behest of this new confederation, adventurers from across the realm take up arms and march on the floating islands of Rivenroad. Here, the brave heroes confront Nael van Darnus, and after a heated battle, put him to the sword. But by this time, the White Raven’s plan is too far along, and Dalamud continues its descent.

In an eleventh-hour bid to save mankind, the Grand Companies turn to Louisoix, an enigmatic scholar hailing from the forgotten city-state of Sharlayan. The ‘Archon,’ as he is called, devises a plan to summon the power of the Twelve, Eorzea’s pantheon of guardian deities, and use that power to banish Dalamud back to the heavens. But for this to succeed, the rite needs to be performed directly beneath the point of Dalamud’s impact. After several sleepless nights of deliberation by the realm’s foremost arcanists and astronomers, that point is determined to be a vast swathe of barren lowlands in central Eorzea known as the Carteneau Flats. With this information in hand, the Grand Companies order the immediate mobilization of their forces.

Unbeknownst to the Alliance, the soldiers of the VIIth Imperial Legion, oblivious to their leader’s dark intentions, have also begun gathering in central Eorzea. Ordered to defend the area with their lives, they prepare for a fight, unaware that victory will bring about their own demise.

And so, with two great hosts amassed, the Battle of Carteneau begins.

Both sides fight with a desperation-fueled frenzy, neither yielding the other ground, until from the skies, a great roar issues. Dalamud has begun its final metamorphosis. In a matter of moments, the stone and metal of the moon’s crust crumble away to reveal none other than the elder primal, Bahamut, now free from his ancient prison.

And thus do the people of Eorzea learn what it is that truly faces them. Never was it the White Raven’s intention to blight the realm with Dalamud, but what slumbered within it.

Enraged after aeons of duress, Bahamut unleashes his wrath upon the realm, spewing forth endless fire and destruction. Louisoix quickly conjures a barrier to protect what remains of the Eorzean Alliance, and then begins the arcane rite that will channel the power of the Twelve and focus it into rebinding Bahamut. The sheer force of the primal, however, is too strong for even the Archon, and his efforts fail.

Realizing the end is nigh, Louisoix summons the last of his strength to call upon Althyk, the Keeper, god of space and time, to send those surviving heroes into an aetherial rift, where they are to remain untouched by the passing of the seasons until it is once again safe to emerge…and continue their struggle to forge Eorzea’s future.

Storyline cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9JRyzzHk4
http://www.dannykang.net/main-menu/f...xiv-version-1/

Original OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47845302#post47845302

WHERE?

FFXIV Beta phase 3 servers:

Gathered Against Fate (GAF)
Legacy (EN): Sargatanas

New (EN): Ultros

Legacy (JP): Durandal (Nocturne)

WHO

GAF Player list on Tonberry:

8526999072_8f228f7165.jpg

Okay, assuming everybody keeps the same name, so far I've got:

1. Bastian Marr - Jarnet87
  2. Ghostface Killah - Pinko Marx
  3. Lee Ethereal - Talents
  4. Claire Fading - PolishQ
  5. Jovan Desi - Desi
  6. Mance Rayder - Gromph
  7. Teknoman Blade - Teknoman
  8. Zhu Systrata - Me
  9. Atrophis Masara - Atrophis
  10. Mastamind Midgard - Mastamind
  11. Riripo Ripo - Riposte
  12. Layel Ali - Semaj
  13. Miyara Dantes - DrForester
  14. Dark Elf - CcrooK
  15. Londa Gaf - notworksafe
  16. Vel Kriez - Velocity
  17. Jbird Nohagun - Jbird34
  18. Mitos Dos - Ricker
  19. Rinie Katsuragi - Forbiden
  20. Kohaku Kodama - Ainaurdur
  21. Vice Winter - Mature
  22. Final Boss - NinjaJesus
  23. Tam Sable - staticneuron
  24. Ebil Elebil - ebil
  25. Meiki Wildheart - Azura
  26. Vulpix Ninetails - Animekatt
  27. Cristal Ariel - Amvient
  28. Doctor Dogg - DrDogg
  29. Ardour Septim - Stefan
  30. Rikhea Caraway - Fox the Sly
  31. Jinko Jinko - Jinko
  32. Cyrus Ziadi - bardia
  33. Zoe Baumwyn - Xux
  34. Elphan Mcmardigan - Relaxed Muscle
Will edit and add as I see them. [Updated 8:00 PM CST 2013/03/03]

LINKSHELLS and FREE COMPANIES

At official launch the majority of GAF members will be branching off to three different servers, they are listed above but again; Sargatanas (LEGACY North America), Ultros (NEW North America) and Durandal (LEGACY Japan)
Legacy servers are those in which are populated by players whose characters have been transferred from FFXIV 1.0 to the new client. You can make new characters on these servers however legacy characters cannot move to new servers.

The new servers are as it sounds, completely new. There is no existing wealth or population and it will be filled with new players only, so everyone is starting at the same level.

The three leaders of the Linkshells and Free Companies that will be spread over three servers/regions have decided in order to keep recruitment drives out of our conversations in the threads we will place our recruitment information here, in this thread and in the new thread for A Realm Reborn when it launches.

Gathered Against Fate
Sargatanas Server, LEGACY, North America
kjugZlD.png

We are a casual LS made up of many members from beta 1.x until the end. Members are established in the game already and can provide quick help with crafting, questing, or anything else you may need. The LS in itself is more casual-oriented and members are free to do what they want without obligations, but we also have members that like to play a bit more hardcore, and that is welcomed as well. Many members may have maxed classes but that's not true of everyone, so there are plenty of members to enjoy the new content with.

Gathered Against Fate
Ultros Server, NEW, North America
iHzig8cGgRJq5.png

Gathered Against Fate will be the official presence for the NeoGAF community on Ultros. We will participate in all functions of the game and will be open to everyone here. Casual and hardcore players alike! Friends and family are always welcome but must be vouched for by a member. In addition, we will be recruiting members outside of GAF as we progress through the game to ensure that our Free Company thrives. Ultros is for players that like starting an MMO from launch with everyone on equal footing. It is a completely clean slate where we can all learn, grow, and experience the world of Eorzea together. We want to promote a fun and friendly community with a priority on helping each other when in need and playing together as much as possible.

Community information such as website, roster, Mumble server, etc. will be updated at launch.

Nocturne
Durandal Server, LEGACY, Japan
1wzf8MS.jpg

Nocturne is the rebirth of the FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 shell Requiem, which was the hub for FFXI importers on Ragnarok server from 2002. Nocturne is NOT the Durandal FC, more on why below.
Most of our members live in Japan or Oceania/South East Asia and can communicate in both Japanese and English.

Due to the limited interest in the Durandal FC we have decided that instead of creating a Free Company we will be staying as a Linkshell. Members who want to try their hand at end-game activities are encouraged to apply to other FC's on the server. [Jijidasu's note: The original group of players will be congregating in my (Jijidasu) friend's FC. In order to be considered you must be able to communicate in Japanese. I am not a leader of this FC and you must apply on your own, I can act as a character reference but you absolutely must be able to communicate unassisted.]

Jijidasu

Oh wow, it is really only a week away. Fantastic!

Looks like the media impressions will surface on Wednesday or Thursday after Yoshida and co finish up in London, too.

This is almost surreal. Can't believe I am gonna be playing this on the 25th. While I never had any real fun with the original XIV I at least gained legacy status for being lazy cancelling my account. But I was rather impressed by the Alpha from the four or so hours I put into it. Can't wait!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Closed the other thread.

Let's enjoy this one!

Jinko

Excitement is building, hopefully we get some new info and benchmark tomorrow.

Hope its something like the old FF11 bench's they were cool.

Yasae

Banned
Applied and subscribed to this thread. Probably won't get in but this is starting to look like my kind of game after seeing what they changed with ARR.

Embryon

Neo Member
Choo choo! I hope we get the benchmark in the next couple of days. I want to look at the pretties and crank my settings up as high as possible. :)

Norua

Banned
I applied to get into the Beta without a Legacy status or anything (played all FFs except XIV 1.0).

I won't get in before Phase 3 begins, right? And even then, nothing is sure?

Tempted to apply several times...

ebil

I applied to get into the Beta without a Legacy status or anything (played all FFs except XIV 1.0).

I won't get in before Phase 3 begins, right? And even then, nothing is sure?

Tempted to apply several times...
I'm pretty sure they will let players in as time goes, and not necessarily on a phase-by-phase basis.
During alpha for instance, they carefully monitored the number of active players and would let new players in if they felt the number of current active players dropped too much.

But yeah, nothing's guaranteed until phase 4, which is Open Beta.

teiresias

So as a Legacy subscriber does that mean I'm guaranteed access to Phase-I or does that just mean I'm eligible for Phase-I?

teiresias

Thanks, the slides were a bit confusing (or I was just reading them wrong). Will there be a link to download a new client or should I leave the old client installed and it will update?

Xux

Thanks, the slides were a bit confusing (or I was just reading them wrong). Will there be a link to download a new client or should I leave the old client installed and it will update?
Yeah, it's buried in the ninth slide.

It'll be a new client (if not an update from the fourth beta phase client). I've heard the second benchmark will be able to use your character info so you can see your old character with the new graphics engine if you wanna keep that.

teiresias

Yeah, it's buried in the ninth slide.

It'll be a new client (if not an update from the fourth beta phase client). I've heard the second benchmark will be able to use your character info so you can see your old character with the new graphics engine if you wanna keep that.

I actually may have already uninstalled the client, I can't remember now. Since my PS3 died I've been catching up on my Steam backlog (well, catching up = finish long-as-hell Darksiders II leaving about twenty more games to go), and didn't renew FFXIV for the ending events (I hadn't played long anyway), so I'll definitely be interested in getting in on the "ground level" this time.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I got a spare code.

First quote got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom