• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag poster [Up2: First Screen, Cross-Gen, Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

Update 4:
it official
We confirm that Ubisoft will announce all the details of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on Monday March 4th at 6pm CET.
600x-1
60 Minutes exclusive gameplay on PS3
Game also comes for WiiU

Update 3:
Update 2:
posted?

at the back of the poster is supposedly a map for the game

original.jpg

Update:
1361901153_2468_1.jpg

The main characters name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

The current game is running on the Xbox 360, but has plans for next generation console's as well.

http://www.examiner.com/article/first-screenshot-of-assassin-s-creed-black-flag-surfaces

Source:http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster
Jason Schreier
Is the next Assassin's Creed all about pirates? A tipster just sent over marketing materials for something called Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Ubisoft hasn't announced anything about the next Assassin's Creed just yet, other than the fact that it will star a new character and a new setting, and it will be out next fiscal year.

According to our tipster, this poster will be on store walls on Monday, March 4.

The poster shows a white-hooded assassin—presumably the protagonist of Assassin's Creed IV—on a pirate ship, surrounded by gruff-looking buccaneers. There's a black pirate flag in the background.
Pirates!

---

Old Rumors:

Reddit said:
I just posted this in r/gaming but was told of this subreddit. Anyway, I was on a flight where the lady in the row in front of me was working on a powerpoint presentation on marketing strategies of several gaming titles. And one that stood out the most was AC4: Black Flags, aimed for release 2013 Holiday season according to her slide. It already had a cool looking logo for it.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photo, just wanted to share it with all the AC fans, and give those who are trying to figure out the next story line a little hint.

EDIT: thanks everyone for the nice karma and comments! It feels good to be able to contribute a bit to one of my favourite game ( I still need to play AC3 though..)

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/181u16/assassins_creed_iv_black_flags/
Yup. Dunno if its ac 4 but i heard the titles black flag and golden age. New lead character is rumored to be a father of a playable character and will have co op alongside a famous scottish pirate.

Wow they're actually calling it IV. Somewhat interested in seeing how it turns out but after III I'm VERY cautious towards this series.

Am not sure it'll be called IV personally.
Surely they will do a break from numbered?

Suppose it is a generational jump though.

Derrick01

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks they should take a break with the AC franchise?

I would say it needs a 4 year break but they somehow shat out AC3 after 3 years of development, and it somehow had far worse gameplay than the yearly sequels and ran worse than them. That takes a special kind of failure.

Not impossible that this is a fan-created fake. Art appears to be hand-drawn and stylized in a comic book manner (note the face of the pirate in black on the left), which I would not expect to see in official promo art for the franchise.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm really glad they're going with the pirate direction because I want more ship combat. I'm pretty surprised they're going with IV right off the bat but I assume that's because (hopefully) there's a new protagonist.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I hoped for an awesome Assassin Creed / Henry Rollins crossover there, I shall now leave the thread disappointed :p

hunnies28

The best part about III is the naval aspect.

Yaaargh

Edit: After looking at that map, could it be an open world (sea?) where you actually have to sail from place to place?

Carbonox

Oh snap.

I did love the sea-based stuff in AC3 though. That and the frontier are the best contributions to the series in quite some time.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Me too. Art doesn't match usual AC (especially AC3) style, there's no info at the bottom (even copyright), and the logo is very plain for AC.

It's a Todd McFarlane piece for a promotional poster. His company makes the Assassin's Creed toys. Makes sense.

RPGamer92

Banned
I'd rather Ubi had waited until next year for the next AC considering the have Rayman and maybe Watch Dogs coming this holiday as well. It'd also give them more experience with next gen tech making it a probably better game as well.

Sentenza

Great choice for a setting.
I would be tempted to be excited about this.
Too bad it's Assassin's Creed we are talking about.

Pretty sure that's Connor on that image so looks like rumour Connor been dropped is false

The rumor...said by Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot?

Following the huge success of Assassin’s Creed III, the new game will be made by an “all new team”. Fans will be able to experience a previously-unexplored time period with a new hero. Ubisoft believes it will “be another major leap forward for the franchise”.

During Ubisoft’s latest financial call, CEO Yves Guillemot teased that there will be “More details to come very soon.”

Just because it looks like Connor does not necessarily mean it is or that he is the main character. He was in Liberation, as well.

Gloam

Surprised they're going to a numbered sequel so quickly, III seemed to get some bad word-of-mouth but I didn't think it as bad as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom