• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B's response to Roger Ebert's death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/319921447768297472

wWD6kc0.jpg

Wow... talk about having your head up your ass

edit - I think I'm actually more offended that he considers BioShock Infinite the first artistic game ever made

All he is saying is Bioshock Infinite could be considered one of the games to change Roger's mind and that the two being so close together is unfortunate and eerie.

Overreaction... GO!

pelican

OP over-reacting. I don't think Cliff meant anything insensitive. Ebert was the critic who stated that Videogames could never be art. And as Cliff points out in many ways the release of Infinte proves him wrong.

Apeopleman

The only people who disregard video games as art are old people who think games are for children.

In 50 years, when we are elderly, we will be playing games, as the elders now just sit outside their porch, waiting to die.

sangreal

btw, that wasn't his response. this was:
Cliff Bleszinski @therealcliffyb 2h
RIP @ebertchicago

but he doesnt really care what you think anyway:
Cliff Bleszinski ‏@therealcliffyb 1h
I could not have worded that last post more gently and yet still I'm seeing butthurt people on my feed. Unfollow, please.

oh, and:
Cliff Bleszinski ‏@therealcliffyb 1h
Ebert was a brilliant man who died too soon. He also came to blows with gamers over a subject I hold very near and dear to my heart.

- J - D -

It doesn't cme off as an affront to Ebert himself, but it does oversell Bioshock Infinite as more than it is, to me at least.

What did he mean it as then? It's not even funny. It's just a lame thing to say.

I think he meant it was sad that the person who didn't consider games art passed away before he could experience a game that CliffyB considers "art". Not "LOL ROGER EBERT DIES AND WE R FINALLY GET ART!!11".

Eusis

I admit the timing was creepy for me, but for a more serious reason than a damn video game people like to argue as art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom