• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: Resumes confirm Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV for "Xbox 720"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Highly unexpected, I'm sure.

VideoGamer said:
Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag are both being developed for Microsoft's unannounced next-gen Xbox, a pair of Ubisoft employees appear to have confirmed.

The games are listed on the LinkedIn profiles of Ubisoft gameplay programmer Paolo Maninetti and marketing artist Phil Brolles, who state between them that both games are headed to "X720".
Source: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch...ogs_and_assassins_creed_4_coming_to_x720.html

LinkedIn said:
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Ubisoft
November 2012 – Present (6 months)Rhone-Alpes, France

Main character control programming (multiplayer mode)

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PC, PS3, X360, PS4, X720, WiiU)
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

LinkedIn said:
Marketing Artist (2D/3D)
UBISOFT Entertainment /UBISOFT Montreal
October 2012 – Present (7 months)Montreal, Canada Area

WATCH DOGS (PS4 /X720)

Work in Progress for next generation consoles...
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

jaypah

They could call it the X777 Luckytime Bonanza for all I care, just hurry the fuck up. This Gen is soooo old. Also, are there still going to be a Watch_Dogs for PS360? I would love to see what that version looks like.

Squire

Banned
I wanna say they won't actually call it that, but I feel like in general we were pretty sure PS4 would get a different name and when it was PS4 there was a collective "Oh!"

Who knows?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They could call it the X777 Luckytime Bonanza for all I care, just hurry the fuck up. This Gen is soooo old. Also, are there still going to be a Watch_Dogs for PS360? I would love to see what that version looks like.

The current gen versions are done by a different studio if you're curious why they aren't listed there.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is it really a good thing to have all those "cross-gen" games? Wouldn't they affect the sales of the new hardware if it's available on other hardware you already have?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is it really a good thing to have all those "cross-gen" games? Wouldn't they affect the sales of the new hardware if it's available on other hardware you already have?

To an extent, but at least here you have an option between the "notably better version" and "the current gen version".

It's kind of like the PC market where you can play on minimum spec or recommended spec depending on what you're willing to spend.

720 is probably a placeholder. I doubt MS let them know the real name so soon.

It is. The only thing anyone knows is that the console is codenamed Durango.

NOBODY except Microsoft upper management (and IEB's marketing team :p) knows Durango's real name.

jaypah

The current gen versions are done by a different studio if you're curious why they aren't listed there.

Thanks Niro, I figured as much since the resume was specific that this was next-Gen development. Any word on who's doing the current Gen porting?

x-Lundz-x

Good and expected news.

There is no way MS calls it the Xbox 720 though, it would be funny for the laughs though if true.

It is. The only thing anyone knows is that the console is codenamed Durango.

NOBODY except Microsoft upper management knows Durango's real name.

You seem awfully sure about that. Guess it depend son your definition of "upper management", but I'm sure quite a bunch of people know the real name of the console.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Nirolak said:
To an extent, but at least here you have an option between the "notably better version" and "the current gen version".
Not sure why - in fact IIRC there were cases of big previous-gen releases positively impacting nex-gen hw(with BC) sales, this is more or less the same thing, it just costs more to make, and people with new console get a potentially tangible improvement.

scitek

I feel like the actual name may be Xbox 1080. 1080p graphics, and it makes it sound two generational leaps beyond 360.

pr0cs

I was told by the myriad of XBOX threads that it will be an underpowered machine simply not capable of playing new games like that in the OP.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not sure why - in fact IIRC there were cases of big previous-gen releases positively impacting nex-gen hw(with BC) sales, this is more or less the same thing, it just costs more to make, and people with new console get a potentially tangible improvement.

While I think it's definitely an overall positive to have the games, I do think there are at least *some* people who sit there and go "well I can play the current gen versions so I don't have to rush out and get the new box yet".

Top Bottom