• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies New Trailer & Famitsu Details (Spoilers)

dumbyugi

UPDATE: Offical website updated.

Famitsu shows Edgeworth is back as Chief Prosecuter and is wearing glasses. Trucy is back and is a little taller, she is seen with a friend of hers.
Trailer can be seen here.

Edgeworth isn't in the trailer, he's in the scan.

UPDATE:
(Copy/pasting my C-R post 'cause I really should be studying right now)

The ever-reliable hoso_boso has written up an excellent summary of this week’s Famitsu article. While there isn’t much said about Edgeworth and Trucy we can’t see from the screenshots, there’s plenty of other info:

New character: Detective Gouzou Ban (番 轟三)

A hot-blooded detective who has worked with Prosecutor Yuugami many times. He encounters Apollo and co. during their investigation. Funnily enough, his catchphrase is “justice”!

RuZLaza.png

Details on case two:

Case two kicks off when Apollo and co. are invited by Trucy’s friend Yumemi Tenma (天馬 ゆめみ) attend a party to celebrate Kitsune Village’s revitalization. Unfortunately, once they get there, a murder happens (as always) - the village mayor is found dead.

B8bPiUt.png

(Pictured above: Yumemi)

Yumemi is the daughter of the head of the Tenma family (天馬 出右衛門 - sorry, not sure how to read the first name). Her father is arrested for the mayor’s murder. But Yumemi thinks the real criminal is the demon “Tenma Tarou”! (天魔太郎)

Tenma Tarou is a character created to celebrate the village’s revival, and his rival is the Great Kitsune. As part of the party, the characters were to fight it out.

ZYB638Q.png

(Pictured above: Yumemi’s father)

Other characters include Kumabee Zeniarai (銭洗 熊兵衛), who manages the mayor’s mansion, and Hideichi Bibain (美葉院 秀一), one of the Tenma family’s secretaries.

3xWa5BF.png

(Pictured above: Kumabee)

tfhIL9T.png

(Pictured above: Hideichi)

Hopefully the official GS5 site will update soon and give us a better look at all this, eh?

Hasney

I found the aforementioned scan and now I may be fanboy screaming.

The actual pitch generated might make people think it's a fangirl though

Lusankya

Edgeworth looks really great and apparently he is now the chief prosecutor. I like his design and how his 3d model looks, although I really wonder how big is role is and how often we will see him and face him in court.

Trucy hasn't changed much, but she is only a year older after all. She only looks taller now, but maybe there is no change at all (e.g. like Maya or Phoenix in AA1 to AA3).

Omikaru

Grinning from ear to ear. Perfect trailer.

Also seen Famitsu. Edgeworth looks amazing. So excited for this game now!

Mistle

Also, the music is fantastic. Is it new, or an old theme? (I should know, but it's been awhile since I've played the games)

squall23

I await to read about the various reasons Edgeworth wasn't seen or mentioned in AA4. Although they'll probably brush it off and say him and Phoenix have been keeping contact, they just didn't see each other due to the different professions.

dumbyugi

The 3D model made her look a bit older and taller to me, then again it was a short glimpse.

The 3D model definitely makes her look taller but that might just be because of the 2D to 3D transition.

It's a shame that it kind of looks like Edgeworth doesn't wear his glasses in court. lolwhy

I think I can kind of see his glasses in one of the shots but it's hard to tell without a clearer image.

Thoraxes

The full pursuit theme plays in the demo, and it's baller as FUCK.

Dat random guitar bit is so cool.
Man, I'm getting weird looks from people in the break room because I am smiling like an idiot right now.

That song is just SO GOOD. I was mentally imagining contradicting someone and going in for the kill and started getting all giddy!

My hype cannot be contained for much longer!

Top Bottom