• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS marketing director: "We are going to kill Sony at E3!"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Next-gen begins now

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of afraid of this, honestly. I'm afraid MS are going to show a bunch of really awesome games that I won't get to play because I refuse to support their console.

Vinnk

I was worried the quote was from Sony themselves after they decided they will announce a no used games/always on scheme at E3.

antonz

I expect Microsoft has opened the war chest to buy up as much exclusive dlc, games etc it can because they need all they can to try and overwhelm the negativity.

alstein

I'm kind of afraid of this, honestly. I'm afraid MS are going to show a bunch of really awesome games that I won't get to play because I refuse to support their console.

A boycott isn't really a boycott unless you're willing to suffer for it.

Pistolero

Reeks of arrogance...but not unlikely. Going by rumors, they've secured some solid Third-Party games, and they've massively expanded their internal studios (23 studios in total, that's 10 more than Sony!). I think their show will be spectacular...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
The blood-lust is strong in this thread.
lol I'm more interested in seeing you die after having shot yourself in the foot, and stomach, Microsoft.

As they say, 'DAT ARROGANCE'.

Just let me play my 360 games on Windows 8, and I'll call it even.

onQ123

2440388-4413256316-origi.gif

Jonnyram

Sounds like they are gonna give the Xbone away for free or something.
Surely that would only harm Sony in the US, though.

Synless

A boycott isn't really a boycott unless you're willing to suffer for it.
True words, and I'm willing to suffer. There is a reason I am a hardcore gamer, it's because unlike the average consumer, I won't put up with that bullshit they are trying to pull.

DBT85

Get two jerbs, you'll want it that much.

Even thinking about this seriously for a second. What could MS possibly pull out to make him even think about saying something like that? It would literally take them getting COD, Fifa and GTA6 levels of exclusivity to even attempt to kill Sony in the home console arena.

We know the XBONE is low on power compared to the PS4, so they shouldn't be able to beat it graphically, we know Sony had tried and tested first party studios that churn out great rated if not great selling games. I just don't get it.

otapnam

If I remember correctly from a chart posted this week, Spain has the highest sony allegiance this past generation. Looks like M$ is trying to talk before they walk

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Going into the topic, I thought I was going to walk in on some outlandish and elaborate A-Team-style scheme from GAF to murder Sony.

Gorillaz

Jesus Christ MS's Moneyhatting isn't that powerful...is it?

I feel they have Respawn's new IP and possibly some Fallout 4 side quest along with the whole Mirrors edge 2 thing.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Don't worry, Microsoft's enthusiasm for fan pleasing moves tends to peter out after a couple of years...

Top Bottom