• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS marketing director: "We are going to kill Sony at E3!"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anyways, Microsoft is going to have to bring it, but if past E3s are anything to go by, I doubt they'll be able to.

Good source for memes, though.

Taker666

I'm guessing a handful of 3rd party core exclusives like Mirror's Edge 2.

The better exclusives will win the race... regardless of other bullshit policies.

Card Boy

Banned
007_1.gif

Fistwell

Building up sky-high expectations for their E3 conf... after their turd of a reveal event.... well I guess that's one way to do it.

amardilo

MS is going 2006 sony on us all right...smh

Yeah, everything seems the other way around to how it was in 2005/2005.

In 2005/2006 MS did loads of demos with people in casual clothing talking up games, developers and working with indies while Sony was saying stuff like the next generation doesn't start without them, everyone was in suits and they were touting the media player capabilities of their console.

Now Sony is more casual with their presentations and are looking like they are working hard to make developers lives easier to develop on their system. Microsoft are now the people in suits showcasing media playback options and saying things like people will still play games on Xbox regardless of anything.

Until someone fluent in Spanish can confirm that "let's kill Sony at E3" is a correct translation, I will continue to not trust Google Translate to get everything right

Slime

Banned
Well, they said they're investing $1 billion in exclusives. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some surprising third party coups in there.

vio

Must be some huge, last minute panic, exclusive. Or just a lot of DLC time exclusives lol.
Then again, it is insane what and how much of it MS people are saying these days.

I'm from Spain and I can confirm that "We are going to kill Sony at E3" is an accurate translation of the sentence in the original article.

I'm pretty surprised myself.

Pistolero

Well, they said they're investing $1 billion in exclusives. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some surprising third party coups in there.

No, they said they've invested a billion$ in their studios, which obviously includes building up developers' teams, etc...

SteelYoshi

Neo Member
I'll be honest, I'm afraid of Microsoft ending up in the lead... If they do, what will become of future gaming consoles?
Sony, step up and destroy them!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Don't worry, Microsoft's enthusiasm for fan pleasing moves tends to peter out after a couple of years...

Job done by then though :/

If it is tons of first party exclusives or Xbox live going free, then great, we all win. If it is them opening their wallet and buying 3rd par exclusives then I don't like that so much, reduces consumer choice.

FlyFaster

I'm kind of afraid of this, honestly. I'm afraid MS are going to show a bunch of really awesome games that I won't get to play because I refuse to support their console.

They would have to show off the most revolutionary game I've ever seen and it would have to be Xbone exclusive.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Okay MS. We are all now expecting the most mind-blowing E3 presentation ever to make up for how shitty this console reveal has been thus far.

Top Bottom