• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playroom: amazing DS4 & PS4Eye tech demo

DBT85

I love the tablet interaction. Could be great for creative games like LBP.

They could have got a mic on the Sony guy ffs.

+ they used Xperia Tablet Z. oorahh

teiresias

Can't hear anything the guy is saying.

That said, having the light bar be the "projector" for the interface in the AR is rather awesome.

spwolf

its cool that they are basically giving other devs suggestions on how to use it :).

hopefully it gets used considering that Eye is not an pack in... new eye res looks a lot better, looks pretty good on that big screen.

Sony... please give us this on Day 1. PLEASE! This looks great!

I really wish Sony packed the camera in. So many ideas and possibilities can be explored by A LOT of developers.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Man that light on the DS4 is going to reflect off my TV so hard. Like the 360 green globe but way worse.

That was actually pretty cool. I know I would never use stuff like this but its still amazing to see. I'm just surprised that the touch panel is pressable! Not a huge deal but interesting nonetheless.

The Lamp

People are mad if Microsoft bundles their camera with their console.
People are mad if Sony chooses not to bundle their camera with their console.

demo looks great though.

smr00

Banned
Looks interesting by my current setup has me sitting maybe 4-5 feet from my TV.

So pretty much anything that requires me to be further out i have no used for. It's one reason i don't own a kinect.

VanWinkle

I'm impressed at how well the motion worked when he was punching the little robot, since he didn't have the controller in his hand. On the current PS Eye, with Eyepet, it's SOO terrible and inconsistent.

nbthedude

Sony... please give us this on Day 1. PLEASE! This looks great!

I really wish Sony packed the camera in. So many ideas and possibilities can be explored by A LOT of developers.

The intresting thing is, Sony benefits from Microsoft forcing it.

Any third party dev that supports Kinect functionality, it seems only natural they would/could be more likely to support the PS4 camera. So it's really the best of both worlds. Not force on people but it being mandatory on the other platform pretty much guarantees it will see some use.

The fact that I don't have to buy a Sony Android tablet and just use my existing iPad is awesome. Thank you #based Sony.

Confirmed $60

That's another thing that makes me levitate towards Sony, they're not big on proprietary bullshit. You can just use whatever. Waiting for a decent sized 360 HDD to drop in price to a more sane level was so irritating.

Amir0x

Banned
dude looks like a cracked out Gaius Baltar

looks lame, but at least it's not packed in and forced upon us poor gamers >:)

parasight

I'm pretty sure one of the Rabbid games for Wii had the same thing where the Rabbids were inside the controller and reacted to your movement and button pushes.

Still cool tech, but like another poster said - Kinect Party had a lot of this already.

Huh? They have a long history of making proprietary formats and then trying to force them on users. Just look at the Vita memory cards as a recent example.

Also UMD.

SPDIF

That's another thing that makes me levitate towards Sony, they're not big on proprietary bullshit. You can just use whatever. Waiting for a decent sized 360 HDD to drop in price to a more sane level was so irritating.

Huh? They have a long history of making proprietary formats and then trying to force them on users. Just look at the Vita memory cards as a recent example.

daoster

I know I am in the minority here, but I think it's a shame they didn't include the PS Eye along with the PS4. You don't have to require it for the PS4 to work, but ensuring every single gamer who buys a PS4 at least has access to the camera means that they could use the camera for gameplay in the future if they so wish.

That AR was cool.

Top Bottom