• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playroom: amazing DS4 & PS4Eye tech demo

man I cracked a smile when
the duck
come out. they should have shown this in press conf somewhere, maybe gamescom. seems like they're more accepting with ps eye stuff?

Desty

Banned
Whoa, the floating interface from the controller looks really cool.

Throwing from the tablet onto the screen is amazing. So cool!

Guys, we saw the same kinds of awesome tech demoes for Move.

It's strange that the camera isn't mandatory, since I'm expecting support to be half-assed. It is nice tech though

I actually wouldn't mind purchasing the Eye, but if the attach rate isn't high enough, why will developers bother? Unless we saw a lot of indie support..?

onQ123

Whoa, the floating interface from the controller looks really cool.

Throwing from the tablet onto the screen is amazing. So cool!

ibj6a8.jpg

Now the controller is the AR Card & they took it to a new level because they can track it with even more data because of the sensors in the controller & 2 HD cameras & more processing power.

I feel like I'm in Bizarro-GAF, people are actually excited about motion controls, cameras and interacting with second screens.

Woorloog

Banned
Very cool stuff.
So PSEye won't be bundled with the console? Too bad. OTOH, if this stay just a tech demo, then... well, not a big loss, leaving out PSEye. Probably. Can see some potential for it though.

Those robots combined with some sort world-crafting system (that virtual clay thing we saw in the PS4 reveal?) or some such could be fun, you know, kinda like making up a game as you create it.

I feel like I'm in Bizarro-GAF, people are actually excited about motion controls, cameras and interacting with second screens.

The problem with Kinect is that it is an intrusive device. This doesn't seem to be that really. Much more limited too, of course.

For 60 bux, I'm in. Kinda wish the packed in the camera so we saw more usage of it from devs, but it helped them keep the console under $400 so I believe it was a good call. Forcing core gamers into paying for something they don't want is never a good idea.

Computer

That was absolutely DOPE as hell!!!

Its cool when Sony dose it but everyone hates on the Kinect witch is way more advanced. I don't get it. Have fun paying out the ass for extra PS4 controllers.

Do people think Kinect won't be able to do stuff at least that 'awesome.'

Underwhelmed to be honest.

Do people think Kinect won't be able to do stuff at least that 'awesome.'

Underwhelmed to be honest.

This^^^ My Kinect one can do what they showed.

Its cool when Sony dose it but everyone hates on the Kinect witch is way more advanced. I don't get it. Have fun paying out the ass for extra PS4 controllers.

Uh that's not a game, it's some kind of feature on the ps4 right? I wouldn't spend time actually playing something like that, I just thought it was cool.

elfinke

So it's like a much improved EyePet thing that was on PS3, where you could draw an airplane and stuff for it to interact with?

My younger nephews fucking loved that thing.

AR is neat to think about but I've yet to see it used in any really meaningful way that I actually care about.

EvB

Where are the comments I've come to love?
Comments such as:

Chasing Casuals!

I'm not gonna play game series X with that!

Noticeable Lag!

commedieu

Banned
I know I am in the minority here, but I think it's a shame they didn't include the PS Eye along with the PS4. You don't have to require it for the PS4 to work, but ensuring every single gamer who buys a PS4 at least has access to the camera means that they could use the camera for gameplay in the future if they so wish.

That AR was cool.
I think Microsoft covers it for Sony. it's an option for developers( third party) who want to utilize kinect.. maybe? I just never saw anyone develop for an audience that wants it last gen.

I know I am in the minority here, but I think it's a shame they didn't include the PS Eye along with the PS4. You don't have to require it for the PS4 to work, but ensuring every single gamer who buys a PS4 at least has access to the camera means that they could use the camera for gameplay in the future if they so wish.

That AR was cool.

This thread is hilarious. Compare to Kinect and SmartGlass threads.

As always, people see what they want to see. Confirmation of bias is the most satisfying thing to so many people.

I agree it's very cool. On all platforms. Cool on PS4 and 360 and PS3 and WiiU and....

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Very polished and thorough for a "demo" they didn't even seem to be sure about distributing. Looked like a more complete package than some of the old Eyetoy software they actually sold. I'd put that on display at PS4 kiosks and that would probably help move the PSEye nicely.

commedieu

Banned

As always, people see what they want to see. Confirmation of bias is the most satisfying thing to so many people.

I agree it's very cool. On all platforms. Cool on PS4 and 360 and PS3 and WiiU and....
2 pages equals a thread?

confirmation of bias really is satisfying. they showed off their controller with a tech demo. this wasn't announced as big news to gaming, like Microsoft failed with. over and over again.

but im aware of a lot of posters still in shock on gaf, posters searching every thread, every word, for anything to justify making a case for Microsoft's failures.

read the thread. is anyone pretending this will change the living room as we know it? or are people commenting on the tech demo?

2 pages equals a thread?

confirmation of bias really is satisfying. they showed off their controller with a tech demo. this wasn't announced as big news to gaming, like Microsoft failed with. over and over again.

but im aware of a lot of posters still in shock on gaf, posters searching every thread, every word, for anything to justify making a case for Microsoft's failures.

read the thread. is anyone pretending this will change the living room as we know it? or are people commenting on the tech demo?

Thank you for making my point.

One of the Rabbids games on Wii had a similar thing of Rabbids living inside the Wiimote and getting knocked around as you shook the controller and pressed buttons. I don't know which, but Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Speaking of seeing what we want to see, can you point out who you're seeing in this thread that overlaps with those Kinect/Smartglass threads you referred to? Thanks.

RayMaker

Banned
quite cool

but it looks the same tech as eye toy 2 used?

why are ppl excited/impressed by this, you can do more with an eyepet.

though the robots in the controller was a cool idea iam sure the novelty would wear out quickly.

I hope they have some good games for it as this gen will be the first gen when i buy a motion device, the only motion game i have played is wii sports.

Well, that was awesome.

Alright then, you have 5 months till launch. Make this a game and release in the launch window or simply release a further developed tech demo. I really want to mess around with this.

Boss Man

I don't think there's as much conflict here as people are looking for.

I think it would a bad idea to charge $150 more for the system to have these cute robots.

That doesn't mean they aren't cute and that this isn't cool. Just that it should be a secondary, novel thing.

Concept17

Seems much more response than before. Its cool that the move tech is in the DS4 and it works that well.

The robot freezing his head was pretty awesome, as was the waving response.

Top Bottom