• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playroom: amazing DS4 & PS4Eye tech demo

ssjali

So, I've got the camera yesterday and wanted to check out some Playroom. Played a bit with the robots and then wanted to check out the drawing stuff. So I've got the app running and the Toy Maker DLC installed, but I just cant seem to get it to work. I use the the mode where all the little robots are and as far as I know I just need to start the second screen app then from my device. Did that, got this message: "This screen is currently not in use".

I tried it wit my phone, tablet and the Vita, second screen just doesnt want to work. I checked in the PSN Store and the Toy Maker is marked as installed. Can I uninstall it somehow and try to re-install it?

The Alien DLC doesnt show up after installation aswell btw... or how can I access that one?

So, I've got the camera yesterday and wanted to check out some Playroom. Played a bit with the robots and then wanted to check out the drawing stuff. So I've got the app running and the Toy Maker DLC installed, but I just cant seem to get it to work. I use the the mode where all the little robots are and as far as I know I just need to start the second screen app then from my device. Did that, got this message: "This screen is currently not in use".

I tried it wit my phone, tablet and the Vita, second screen just doesnt want to work. I checked in the PSN Store and the Toy Maker is marked as installed. Can I uninstall it somehow and try to re-install it?

The Alien DLC doesnt show up after installation aswell btw... or how can I access that one?

Probably already have but have you linked the phone to the PS4, you need to enter an 8 digit code. Mine all worked pretty seamlessly when I did it.

The Alien DLC is selected from the menu after swiping up on the touch pad, it's pretty good stuff and quite fun when you start dancing.

ssjali

Probably already have but have you linked the phone to the PS4, you need to enter an 8 digit code. Mine all worked pretty seamlessly when I did it.

The Alien DLC is selected from the menu after swiping up on the touch pad, it's pretty good stuff and quite fun when you start dancing.

Yeah, did that. Remote Play works with the Vita already, just cant get the second screen to work.

Gonna check if I can access the Alien DLC that way, thanks.

ssjali

In the Playroom Menu it just shows AR Bots, Asobi, Controller and Camera check and AR Hockey. Aliens isnt there, or am I still in the wrong place?

Both DLCs are shown as installed in the PSN. Really weird...

Anyone worked out what the 3 trophies are for the alien buddy dlc? I have one but the other two are stumping me.

Show us that grin!
Stretch the Alien's face as far as you can.

World Traveller
Collect one glowing piece from each of the 4 toy sets.

Intergalactic Disco Star
Dance along with your Alien Buddy and touch 7 stars.

In the Playroom Menu it just shows AR Bots, Asobi, Controller and Camera check and AR Hockey. Aliens isnt there, or am I still in the wrong place?

Both DLCs are shown as installed in the PSN. Really weird...

Seems someone else having the same issue regarding the DLC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/my...ny-info-my-alien-buddy-dlc-3.html#post4126423

I downloaded My Alien Buddy this morning but now I can't find it anywhere when I boot up The Playroom. It's downloaded and installed according the the notifications section, but where is it?? Anybody know how you access it?

Ok, it works now. I deleted my save game and now second screen and Aliens are available. :)

Nice one, enjoy!

Second screen is pretty cool with the things you can create. Really want to see Sony use the camera more, Wonderbook could be so much better on the PS4 given the image quality the camera puts on to the screen it would be much more immersive.

Top Bottom