• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Microsoft using a Nvidia GTX 7xx in the Xbox One demo units?

Chaos17

Dunno if this is serious :

AMD Revealed The System Specs Of The PCs That Are Running Battlefield 4 At E3

BMl9n3RCMAMiScP.jpg

Why wudn't they wanna sell millions of more xbone controllers?
@ $60-70 per piece that's a lot of sales.

That's different. My point was that the images can NOT be "proof" that the controllers will work on PCs. I didn't mean it was a bad idea or that I don't believe they will release compatible drivers.

Clockwork

Some guy at Rage3d is claiming everyone has it all wrong and that demo was just using the PC to stream ala an Onlive type service he worked on for MS.

This guy is a bit of a joke (he was banned over there once for being a fanboy), but I haven't seen it mentioned here:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1337267104&postcount=385

What you're seeing there is a PC that opens up a browser session that uses a secure log-in to a game catalog that they can then launch a title from. The title isn't even running on the machine. The output is running on the machine, but not the actual processing. Similar to Gaikai or OnLive, the bits are not even on the machine to begin with. That helps them prevent data theft for showings like this.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1337267190&postcount=394

They have a webpage with a secure log-in that goes to a game collection. From there you can launch a title and play it without the bits being on the machines.

It prevents theft of the IP since the data is never on-site to begin with. You literally couldn't steal the games shown.

asdad123

Some guy at Rage3d is claiming everyone has it all wrong and that demo was just using the PC to stream ala Onlive.

This guy is a bit of a joke (he was banned over there once for being a fanboy), but I haven't seen it mentioned here:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1337267104&postcount=385

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1337267190&postcount=394

I could see that happening, but if thats true, why use PCs with such high end graphics cards?

vazel

Banned
Hahaha, that lococycle game had me cracking me up. When that motorcycle starting combo'ing up on enemies I lost it.

What are the chances of MS telling us the spec of PC it was running on so well know what to buy when were building a PC comprable to xbone/ps4?

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
LSOa0uo.jpg

So are people claiming that the Xbox ones in these pics are dummy shells while the actual games are being run on high end pcs?

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Still baffles me that the console won't run without kinect.

How many people who have Kinect disconnects it anyway. I don't know any. Plus as a dev I would love the fact that I can count on it being there. That's how you can deliver a compelling experience knowing all the console senses are available to you.

So are people claiming that the Xbox ones in these pics are dummy shells while the actual games are being run on high end pcs?

Most of the consoles at E3 are probably dummy shells -- I'd imagine most of the Xbone/PS4 games that are running on "console hardware" are actually running on devkits that look nothing like the final box.

SRTtoZ

People are gonna be in for a rude awakening when they see what games look like on XB1 compared to a lot of the E3 demos.

How many people who have Kinect disconnects it anyway. I don't know any. Plus as a dev I would love the fact that I can count on it being there. That's how you can deliver a compelling experience knowing all the console senses are available to you.

Games with kinect should say requires kinect on the box, then I will attach the kinect to the console if I want to play said game.

It's just that the picture was funny. They're playing Killer Instinct - there should not have to be kinects there.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Games with kinect should say requires kinect on the box, then I will attach the kinect to the console if I want to play said game.

Get real. No one does this. If you have a Kinect, why go through all the trouble connecting and disconnecting it.

szaromir

Banned
Most of the consoles at E3 are probably dummy shells -- I'd imagine most of the Xbone/PS4 games that are running on "console hardware" are actually running on devkits that look nothing like the final box.
I hope AC4 was running on the actual PS4 dev kit, the framerate was just disastrous and it would be a shame if that was the case on PC.

derFeef

Here is one interesting thing too. On the Gamespot live stage demo they could not get to run LocoCycle on the One/devkit/whatever so they only showed trailers and acknowledged the problem. Poor TP folks.

Billen

Banned
So, not a problem since they are writing against dx? Then again, this means they avoid the classic "known hardware" part of the console. :D

I hope AC4 was running on the actual PS4 dev kit, the framerate was just disastrous and it would be a shame if that was the case on PC.

Really? Despite the shitty freezes the framerate seemed nice during the presentation. And they said it's gonna be 1080p 60fps.

Then again, AC3 ran like crap on PC and consoles so we should not trust Ubi too much on this.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
LSOa0uo.jpg

I want to quote your tag..

Did anyone claim that? I suspect all first party devs have nothing but dev kits and have no reason to have a working PC version.

Everybody I know, including myself. Its bloody untidy otherwise. Do you leave your controllers lying about the place too?

Takuya

Banned
Really? Despite the shitty freezes the framerate seemed nice during the presentation. And they said it's gonna be 1080p 60fps.

Then again, AC3 ran like crap on PC and consoles so we should not trust Ubi too much on this.
The freezing seemed like an audio visual issue. At least that what it seemed like at the arena.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Why are you conflating those who voluntarily bought Kinect with those who will have it forced upon them?

Can we at least get a title change to reflect this is certainly not the case for all Xbone games at E3, but seems to be a developer decision?

Top Bottom