• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10/29/13 ps4 Release date?

Bowler

Just preordered the ps4, and the manager at bestbuy said that they have a internal email saying 10/29/13 release date, date subject to change, and not to release that info to the public.

I asked them for a copy of said email, he said maybe... lol

what dates are you guys hearing?

Mrbob

Was hoping Sony would channel their inner PS2 and go for 10/26.

I'll take 10/29 though. Sooner the better.

skynidas

Banned
That would be a good release date, just before Call of Duty and on the date battlefield releases. But I think that they will aim for a release date just before or a week before black friday.

Would be before the Bone then. Who knows. I can see Sony trying to release before MS just for shits and giggles. Not that it does much good if it is a matter of weeks with very limited stock for both.

kirblar

Would be before the Bone then. Who knows. I can see Sony trying to release before MS just for shits and giggles. Not that it does much good if it is a matter of weeks with very limited stock for both.
Sony has every incentive to try and just pummel XBOX here while they know they have a massive advantage on just about every front.

Rolf NB

Just preordered the ps4, and the manager at bestbuy said that they have a internal email saying 10/29/13 release date, date subject to change, and not to release that info to the public.

I asked them for a copy of said email, he said maybe... lol

what dates are you guys hearing?
He's done a great job so far :p

softie

My German independent game dealer told me something about 30th Oct., but he said they're rumors he heard, so it could be another date.

The-Last-of-Us-PS4-Teaser.jpg

Believe.

Iacobellis

Before Halloween and Black Friday? Sony is going all-in for this console, it gives me major goosebumps thinking about it.

Bowler

real question but why is Tuesdays, the hay day for new releases in the states? is it the same in other countries?

MrDaravon

That would be a good release date, just before Call of Duty and on the date battlefield releases. But I think that they will aim for a release date just before or a week before black friday.

If they hit October though that gives them probably enough time to get another shipment out to stores for Black Friday, so they still get the news stories about it being the item to get that day, etc.

real question but why is Tuesdays, the hay day for new releases in the states? is it the same in other countries?
i think it has something to do with tues being a good day for ups deliveries. Ship on friday from china and its here by tues and they also get monday to ship if needed....

Cheska

Is AC4 the first game releasing this year that will also have a next gen version? Or are COD/BF coming out first? Would make sense to release it in conjunction to one of the biggest games coming out this year. Huge sales of said game, huge sales for Sony.

sono

Gold Member
Oct or early Nov would be so sweet in the UK. Sony just ship this on time please.. Hype is going through the roof!

Oneself

I heeeeard....
November 18th UK, Nov. 19th CAN/US

I don't believe in October. But early November could work since Black Flack releases at the end of Oct. and COD Ghost is out on Nov 5th...

Whats the point to pickup the PS4 in 2013? there's still lots of games coming for the PS3 which you won't be to play on your new console, And your wallet will REALLY hurt to buy a 399 dollar console when you could be buying stuff like GTA V, KH HD collection, Final Fantasy HD X/X-2 and a slew of RPGS, Plus what games are truly ready for the PS4 launch.?

VanWinkle

Whats the point to pickup the PS4 in 2013? there's still lots of games coming for the PS3 which you won't be to play on your new console, And your wallet will REALLY hurt to buy a 399 dollar console when you could be buying stuff like GTA V, KH HD collection, Final Fantasy HD X/X-2 and a slew of RPGS, Plus what games are truly ready for the PS4 launch.?

I have no interest in any of the games you listed. Every PS3 game I want comes out in September or earlier.

10/29 in the US would be excellent. Plenty of time to generate hype before Black Friday. Then SCEA can drop the second or third shipment for BF and have absurd success.

Top Bottom