• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10/29/13 ps4 Release date?

Hackbert

great news. i just hope, i can stash away enough money to get the console after christmas. and don't have to wait for months until they restock

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There's no way it'll launch in Europe before the United States.
Why?
Also its more to do with Friday being a release day in the UK, except for worldwide launches on Tuesday.

ParityBit

Really? That is the due date for my child. I wonder if my wife would mind me bringing it to the delivery room while we wait?!

SJRB

Gold Member
One of the biggest Dutch online retailers has the PS4 dated for 13th of November, I've set my countdown accordingly.

End of October would be great, but I doubt EU would get it at the same time as the US.

MrDaravon

Why?
Also its more to do with Friday being a release day in the UK, except for worldwide launches on Tuesday.

The US is the battleground; Sony already has most/all of Europe and Japan in the bag. They will sacrifice those regions to get it out in the US first/sooner, guaranteed.

ZiggyRoXx

Banned
Have any rumours at all surfaced about the PS4 actually being manufactured yet?

I'd imagine they'd want to get high hundreds of thousands made at least and they're going to want to be shipping boxes to retail by mid-October at the very latest if they want to get a decent amount in stock, ready for November.

..seems strange that nothings been heard about them commencing manufacture when July is rapidly approaching.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
i think it has something to do with tues being a good day for ups deliveries. Ship on friday from china and its here by tues and they also get monday to ship if needed....
Tuesdays have been media release days long before e-commerce became prevalent. Books and movies have been on Tuesdays forever and gaming I can remember stuff like Sonic Twosday.

Also pretty sure most media is shipped from Canada. I know most of our printed stuff (containers, cases, books and magazines and such) are shipped from Canada.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I always expect a late Oct release, Sony is just more ready for full production than MS. MS is going to wait to the minute to release and still have low quantities.

PaulLFC

This would be awesome. I thought it was going to be November, but the earlier the better. Got my preorder in, hurry up whatever the release date is!

Bgamer90

Banned
I remember a tech journalist saying he got an early press release that said December.

Late October seems more believable though.

I heeeeard....
November 18th UK, Nov. 19th CAN/US

I don't believe in October. But early November could work since Black Flack releases at the end of Oct. and COD Ghost is out on Nov 5th...
I do think it'll launch 11/19 in US/CA because of the Watch_Dogs bundle available for sale.

RoKKeR

Is AC4 the first game releasing this year that will also have a next gen version? Or are COD/BF coming out first? Would make sense to release it in conjunction to one of the biggest games coming out this year. Huge sales of said game, huge sales for Sony.

BF4 is the same day. I think those are the first cross gen titles.

LegendX48

October? That's a bit risky, money wise, but I think I'll be fine. Bring on next gen, it's time for the current generation to be laid to rest!

Fehyd

Banned
If its October, wow. Talk about being ahead of MS every step of the way.

I'm definitely looking forward to it though. The sooner the better.

Jal

ip9hdCZ.jpg

Majmun

When are Gamescom and TGS planned?

I have a feeling Sony is going to announce launch details during Gamescom.

SiRatul

I can imagine a late October or early November launch in the US (just so they can beat the Xbone to the market at least in the US) but I don't think we Europeans will get lucky enough to get it at the same time. Probably a few weeks later. There aren't any black friday deals here and their win is almost guranteed in most of Europe anyway so all Sony has to do is release it a few weeks before christmas.
That said I hope I'm totally wrong and PS4 releases everywhere end of October, so I can pick one up on my Bday.

El-Suave

Early to mid November would be ideal. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed and Call o Duty should all be on store shelves then, so every big publisher would be happy. Launching without third party games on day one is possible but not ideal.

Hex

Banned
Considering that I took an extended weekend off for Halloween that weekend that would be fantastic.
Unless I end up going over to NoLa, then that would kind of not really matter to be but still not a bad date at all.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I genuinely love that date. It is almost a month before Black Friday, it gives Sony time to space out a few launch windows releases between launch day and Christmas, and it will allow Sony almost two months of shelf time prior to Christmas.

Top Bottom