• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10/29/13 ps4 Release date?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Whats the point to pickup the PS4 in 2013? there's still lots of games coming for the PS3 which you won't be to play on your new console, And your wallet will REALLY hurt to buy a 399 dollar console when you could be buying stuff like GTA V, KH HD collection, Final Fantasy HD X/X-2 and a slew of RPGS, Plus what games are truly ready for the PS4 launch.?

Disposable income... some people just got the bling...

jf DOOM

That date works for me; It'll give me about a week to get aquainted with it.

Before my wife gives birth to our second child . Then no game time .

My wife and I had our first baby Monday. I've had The Last of Us sitting on my shelf mocking me. I feel your pain. Totally worth it though.

Whats the point to pickup the PS4 in 2013? there's still lots of games coming for the PS3 which you won't be to play on your new console, And your wallet will REALLY hurt to buy a 399 dollar console when you could be buying stuff like GTA V, KH HD collection, Final Fantasy HD X/X-2 and a slew of RPGS, Plus what games are truly ready for the PS4 launch.?

Why buy anything if that's you're mindset?

Bungie

If it is in Oct. then the released date for it would have to be announced very soon but I think Xbox One will be out first.

Supporting games ownership

Cizard

My wallet won't hurt from buying a ps4. You're right that waiting a year is probably the more sane choice but I just want it at launch and the money isn't an issue so why not.

nobody is taking away your PS3 from you. You can buy a PS4 four years from now for all I care.

people who like new stuff will buy a PS4 get by the end of Q3 2013 anyway

Chamber

love on your sleeve

*yawn*

MGSV was the last potential PS3 game I was interested in but that's headed to PS4 now. With The Last of Us out, I'm pretty much done with the triple.

teiresias

The Kingdom Hearts stuff is the only thing I'm looking to play on PS3. I'm going to have to take out one of my retro consoles so I can have both PS3 and PS4 until I'm done with KH HD.

Back on topic, I feel that this date wouldn't be entirely unlikely - especially given the aggressive marketing Sony has taken upon themselves lately.

Also, I've seen a few people addressing the worry that "if they rush it, the hardware could be faulty." I don't think that should be a worry, I mean, Cerny is heading the project and the guy knows what he's doing. They've been planning this for a long time, and as people have pointed out, a lot of the E3 games were done on PS4 devkits. The hardware is basically ready, it's time for manufacturing and advertising now.

Vodh

I would love to believe this, but Watch Dogs is a PS4 launch title. This would mean that it would launch on PS4 a little less than a month before PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 (November 19th release date).

Imagine that... Dropping the October release date AND a 1 month timed exclusivity of Watch Dogs... This alone would sell a lot of PS4s.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
No, it's a confirmed launch day game, even available as a launch bundle.

Watch Dogs was set to be a launch title from the start. The press release that said it was coming to next gen xbox and Playstation said it would launch with the PS4 and Xbox One.

As for the date, possible I guess, would be cool if it was. But really expect early to mid-November as is typical.

Sony does need to keep momentum going by launching before XOne.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I would love an October launch, however, if there are no games available for launch, or rushed releases, I'd rather wait until sometime in November personally. October 29th with Battlefield would be fine. I remember someone saying Assasin's Creed is not necessarily a launch title.. so, I could wait a bit.

Skilletor

Because I want to.

J-Man

As many have said, it's the perfect day to launch. It allows it to hit at the same time as major holiday games like ACIV and BF4, and be out before all the major holiday releases like Watch_Dogs, Need for Speed Rivals, Call of Duty Ghots, etc...

RoKKeR

Watch Dogs was set to be a launch title from the start. The press release that said it was coming to next gen xbox and Playstation said it would launch with the PS4 and Xbox One.

As for the date, possible I guess, would be cool if it was. But really expect early to mid-November as is typical.

Sony does need to keep momentum going by launching before XOne.

It doesn't make much of a difference this time around. First day adopters are already locked in, and having one go before the other by maybe 2 or 3 weeks isn't going to change their minds. This isn't a one year gap like last gen.

Why spend so much money on a untested and unproven console? let the console release, let the die hard fans get it and see if what they think about it, then make a decision. Buying a console just because your'e a fan of the company is stupid. You buy because you want to play games on it.

Believe it or not, there are people who want to play some of the launch titles. Not everyone has a wait and see attitude. Where did you get people are buying it because they are just fans of Sony?

Why spend so much money on a untested and unproven console? let the console release, let the die hard fans get it and see if what they think about it, then make a decision. Buying a console just because your'e a fan of the company is stupid. You buy because you want to play games on it.

You're talking to an ultra-enthusiast crowd and when it comes to consoles, the crowd has been starved for new powerful hardware for a long long time. While waiting for the library to grow and the price to drop is probably the most practical thing to do, this isn't a practical group of people when it comes to gaming. I have one preordered, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that order until launch. Buying it at launch probably isn't the best use of my money and I already have more games than I know what to do with, at the same time, it fits fine within my budget and I'm really excited to see the start of a new platform. One thing I can assure you, though, I'm not buying it because I'm some big fan of Sony.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
You're talking to an ultra-enthusiast crowd and when it comes to consoles, the crowd has been starved for new powerful hardware for a long long time. While waiting for the library to grow and the price to drop is probably the most practical thing to do, this isn't a practical group of people when it comes to gaming. I have one preordered, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that order until launch. Buying it at launch probably isn't the best use of my money and I already have more games than I know what to do with, at the same time, it fits fine within my budget and I'm really excited to see the start of a new platform. One thing I can assure you, though, I'm not buying it because I'm some big fan of Sony.

I'm mostly in the same boat as you. I can't wait for the start of the new generation of consoles. I also have the system, and three games full paid from trade in credit, so there's plenty of flex in the budget, and I still have my PS3.

I'm getting in on day one because 1) I'm tired of the current generation 2) I hate watching online as others play something I want to play 3) I'm looking forward to new features offered on the new hardware, most of all, not having to wait 1/2 hour to patch a game especially if the game was previously installed and was patched at least once.

Just about the only thing I'm not looking forward to, the weeks/days/nights leading up to launch where I am laying awake thinking about it.

Radec

Guys, dont buy the ps4 this year. There wont be any games in it, not those killzone sf, knack, driveclub fake games. And the rumored games like watchdogs, bf4, cod ghosts, and ac4 that are in full hd and better framerate. Get it on the ps3 instead.

Guys, dont buy the ps4 this year. There wont be any games in it, not those killzone sf, knack, driveclub fake games. And the rumored games like watchdogs, bf4, cod ghosts, and ac4 that are in full hd and better framerate. Get it on the ps3 instead.

I will listen to everything you say almighty random internet forum dude.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dont want to start a new thread about this, and this is a little off-topic, but:

Is there anywhere that lists every game thats confirmed to be coming out for the PS4 and the XboxOne? Maybe some chart or something? With release dates/windows?

Bowler

Your right... Those are all shit. Changing my preorder to game boy advance.

lol

Joeki11a

Banned
I believe this, they been saying "holiday" since Feb like to make it seem they are releasing it in December. Xbox one release in Nov 20 right?, Sony has to get a jump on that and drop it few weeks before.

Also Asscreed flags was the first game to say is coming to PS4,
Guess when that game drops?, October 29th.

Chittagong

Gold Member
29 Oct - releasing simultaneously with BF4 and Assassins Creed 4 would be absolutely monumental. And launching that much before Xbone would really be the final blow.

dubq

You mean I can't own both consoles and play both sets of new releases? Interesting.

Top Bottom