• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10/29/13 ps4 Release date?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Early Oct would be great.

but what about the watch dogs "launch bundle" from amazon? T_T

do it kaz

il6Wx5NemvtlV.gif

Bloodsent

I wonder how companies like Amazon will handle Launch Day bundles with Watch_Dog. I would assume they would just have to ship the two products separately as Watch_Dogs wouldn't be out for a few extra weeks, but curious anyway.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I wonder how companies like Amazon will handle Launch Day bundles with Watch_Dog. I would assume they would just have to ship the two products separately as Watch_Dogs wouldn't be out for a few extra weeks, but curious anyway.
1 month ps4 exclusive confirmed?

gate777

If I remember correctly, PS2 came out on 28 Oct so the assumed date seems about right; 3 days after my name day and a day after our national OXI (NO) day as well. Do it SONY!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So, Amazon thinks that The Battlefield 4 will launch for PS4 on October 29, Call of Duty: Ghosts on November 5th, Need for Speed Rivals on November 19th,(one week after the current gen and PC releases). Interesting. So, the only game which has a date different than a current gen or PC release would be Need for Speed Rivals on November 19th. Interesting indeed.

BigDug13

Planetside would be a terrible launch game. Understand that in order for that game to be fun, you need a certain density of players. PS2 on PS4 will be on its own server, so they'll need a healthy number of consoles already sold so that when the free game gets released, people will be jumping in and the numbers will be there.

Why spend so much money on a untested and unproven console? let the console release, let the die hard fans get it and see if what they think about it, then make a decision. Buying a console just because your'e a fan of the company is stupid. You buy because you want to play games on it.

We're on Gaf, most of us are the die hards

Darklor01

Based on the Amazon.com launch Date of Need for Speed Rivals, and the fact that they say they are aiming to make NFSR a launch title, my money is now on November 19, 2013. It's well within the launch window. It will allow Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Assasin's Creed Black Flag, and more to be ready at launch.

Planetside would be a terrible launch game. Understand that in order for that game to be fun, you need a certain density of players. PS2 on PS4 will be on its own server, so they'll need a healthy number of consoles already sold so that when the free game gets released, people will be jumping in and the numbers will be there.

If I'm not mistaken Planetside will be free and Sony are expecting to sell a ton of units on day one so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people jump on and try it out.

Bloodsent

Based on the Amazon.com launch Date of Need for Speed Rivals, and the fact that they say they are aiming to make NFSR a launch title, my money is now on November 19, 2013. It's well within the launch window. It will allow Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Assasin's Creed Black Flag, and more to be ready at launch.

And it would also clear up the Watch_Dogs bundle issue as well. I am on board with this.

I think playstation wants to go first and the only thing confirmed for xbone is sometime November, so they could be prepping for an October launch, that being said with demand so high maybe Sony will delay a bit to build More stock.

Darklor01

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/06/ps4-release-date-rumored-to-be-november-26/

Ugh, then there's this one.. which has a screen cap of the company computer system

"According to an employee of a “well known video products supplier” which provides products to the likes of Amazon, Blockbuster and Newegg, the supplier has listed the PlayStation 4 to be released on November 26, 2013. To further add fuel to the rumor fire, the employee of the supplier took a screenshot of the release date listing in the company’s system."

Edit: Here's the original source of the article: http://www.thegameeffect.com/news/ps4-release-date-leaked-by-supplier

guch20

Banned
I had the PS4 version of BF4 pre-ordered, it had the date of "12/31/2013" which is of course just a placeholder date. Few days ago amazon e-mailed me saying: ""Battlefield 4"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 31, 2013
New estimated arrival date: October 29, 2013"

So that's kind of interesting.
It has that date on its Amazon page for the Xbone version too, so who knows.

Elios83

I hope for a launch during the first week of November. If Sony is ahead with production compared to MS they could launch 2-3 weeks before them.

KOHIPEET

Nice. My guess is this:

Us: late October
UK/Major EU markets (ger,fra,spa, it): mid November
Rest: Mid December

(In Hungary it'll probably be December, which is good. I'd love to see that blue led strip gloving in the dark under the tree)

qko

The only thing barring this being the deathblow to the Xbone is if the PS4 is such a faulty piece of garbage that if there were a RRoD scenario of people having to return their PS4 within 30-days and people just switch to the Xbone instead.

There is like a one in 5 billion chance that could happen but I bet MS is crossing their fingers for it to happen.

Top Bottom