• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE: BF4 on PS4 will likely use R2/L2 triggers to shoot

Makes sense I guess.

Twitter

jb0DKh55z4WO1K.png

jbsqMdvGRLkH6w.png

Mikey Jr.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not because the R2/L2 sucks, but because I can shoot faster with R1/L1.

Fuck.

Not even an option sucks.

if they can get rumble to work right this is a good thing. It mimics pulling/squeezing the trigger on a firearm, and introduces some timing and learning curve issues.

I really hope the PS4 controller's triggers are up to par and they aren't forcing us to use shitty buttons like what happened with some PS3 games.

Such good news!! This was one of the best things about the 360 controller. Just feel so good to have your fingers on something the feels like a trigger.

I love how many people here are freaking out about this. Have you all held a DS4? We don't even know how our hands will fall on the thing yet. L1/R1 were the natural resting place on DS1-3, but the handles look drastically different this time around. We may get the same feeling with L2/R2 on the PS4!

I'm all for the option to have either/or as a solution, but the angry comments are a bit early, dontchya think?

Jonboy

People are raging and haven't even tried the controller yet. Seriously?

They'll almost certainly have the option for both in there anyway.

Pulling triggers is much more immersive. I can't fathom how you guys think those R1/L1 buttons on PS3 is fun to shoot with.

netBuff

Wat, how is that possible?! 360 controller is perfect for shooters, I really dislike Dualshock 3 personally.

Not criticising you just surprised!

what

how

i don't even understand how this can be a thing

The 360 controller is absolutely not "perfect for shooters". Being able to quickly use secondary functions on L2/R2 with my middle fingers is fantastic, something not really possible with the Xbox controller without holding it in a supremely uncomfortable way.

NeoGIF

I was hoping that's what it would've been, lol. But I agree, just give everyone the option to map it to their desired buttons and we all should be happy.

Just give people the option to use whichever they prefer. It's not difficult.

Exactly. I don't understand why devs omit this option so often. Just give us the choice. It frustrates me to no end on the PS3. Yes, the standard trigger on the PS3 is not great, but once you slap a set of Real Triggers on it, it's much better, yet I still can't use the triggers to shoot in many games, because the devs won't enable button switching.

Giotech-ps3-trigger.jpg

OSHAN

Pulling triggers is much more immersive. I can't fathom how you guys think those R1/L1 buttons on PS3 is fun to shoot with.

Because I don't consider it immersive at all. I like the response of just hitting L1 or R1. I don't like using the triggers on 360 to shoot either.

I never understood why I dont have the option to map a controller how I see fit. Seems like an easy solution.

Top Bottom