• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X SD vs HD Comparison Video

Nemesis_

They've messed around with the faces and I'm really not sure how I like them now :/

And the way Tidus' arms move as he's walking up that hill is a bit rough, you'd hope that would be cleaned up by the time the game is out.

Tidus looks surprisingly more girly in the HD version. I was just going to play through the PS2 version that's been sitting on my shelf for about 6 months, but after seeing how much of an improvement this version is, I think I'll wait.

RPGCrazied

Is it just me, or does the HD version still have jaggies? Just looks more sharp. So I'm guessing no AA at all?

Nemesis_

Tidus looks surprisingly more girly in the HD version. I was just going to play through the PS2 version that's been sitting on my shelf for about 6 months, but after seeing how much of an improvement this version is, I think I'll wait.

Yeah, I was ready to replay both X and X-2 last year and realised I should probably wait for the remake if I'm going to give it a shot. Same deal with Wind Waker now that I think about it too.

I didn't realise you get an artbook if you pre-order (though it'll assumedly be a first run thing like most of the Square Enix limited editions here). Will probably grab it day 1, assuming my issues with it are fixed. EDIT: Oh, it's only 20something pages :/

The new typeface feels less fantastical than the old one though :/ But I can deal with that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tidus' necklace looks so much better now. It was one of the worst looking things in the original and it was always in your face because of the close-ups.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's like they eliminated the eyebrow movements in the HD edition.

antitrop

I don't like the way Yuna looks in HD. The dissonance in my brain between that and "what she's supposed to look like" is difficult for me to handle.

antitrop

Tidus looks too much like Tetsuya Nomura now, it's creepy. He has a "glam"-ish look going. Doesn't work for me.

I guess it was never going to happen, but I really wish they'd fixed the awful fade transitions where the previous scene freezes while the new one fades in. I could never tell if that was an intentional effect or just the limitation of the hardware of the day, but I strongly hoped it was the latter.

kick51

Banned
Because the limited edition doesn't come with the Vita version, in which the games are sold separately.

The video is for a HD vs. SD comparison, so I'm not sure what that has to do with a LE.

I think if the Vita version was gonna launch the same day, they'd have also mentioned. Oh, and there would be a pre-order page up for it on gamestop and amazon (neither one has one yet.)

"How's the FFX Port coming along?"
"Well, there's not enough Nomura in it yet."
"So please put more Nomura in it, otherwise we can't release it."

Fucking Nomura.

kick51

Banned
RIP Ganguro Tidus ;_;7

You mean Meg Ryan Tidus...

oaFmKnR.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I need to know when the Vita version is coming.

Going crazy here.

Yeah, Tidus needs his tan back. And there's just something dead about the characters' expressions now, I don't like it.

I'm sure a lot of work went into animating the original faces, and since they're changing the models, not as much effort went back into reanimating them, it seems.

The older faces on Tidus and Yuna seemed more human, in the way they animated. Now they just look like pretty dolls.

nemesun

Good lord, what the hell happened to the skin textures? Is the HD version sponsored by baby johnson powder?

Rashid

Banned
This will look epic on a vita, it's one of my all time favourite games. Still have my city borrowed from my older cousin that he played round mind from 10 odd years ago

antitrop

None of it looks so bad that I won't be playing this on my Vita, though. I'm actually kind of excited, I haven't played Final Fantasy X in 12 1/2 years.

rockx4

Tidus looks creepy as hell, his dead eyes! Holy shit. I'll probably get the games anyway, haven't played them in so long.

Really looking forward to playing these HD updates. The last time I did was back in the PS2 days, and I remember loving a lot about FFX, particularly the leveling system. Path of Exile really brought back memories of that with their passive skill tree :).

Orayn

I'm all for improved models and textures, but the way they toned down the original warm color palette is really jarring. Everyone looks so pale!

Elios83

Lots of improvements (textures, characters detail, effects) but yeah Tidus eyes looks dead and overall he has been Gackt'ed :/

kierwynn

It looks nice overall, but I'm really not crazy about what they did with their faces. The eyes, in particular, really do look pretty dead. It wasn't as noticeable in this one for me, but that last Yuna video they released... It was so distracting.

Top Bottom