• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X SD vs HD Comparison Video

Maybe because this is the first game Square Enix even had to create facial expressions for in-game models in? Later games have incredibly good facial expressions.

I really don't see where you people see this vast difference between the PS2 & Remasters (and PS2 version being better). The faces are just as emotionless/expressionless in the SD version..

They've talked about the Vita version as recently as a week or so ago. It's coming. They haven't told the release date for the PS3 version either.

I don't know. The remaster models just look way too glossed up. Yes, the PS2 models obviously have a lower poly count, but they don't look like they were meant to resemble companion dolls.

Maybe because this is the first game Square Enix even had to create facial expressions for in-game models in? Later games have incredibly good facial expressions.

I really don't see where you people see this vast difference between the PS2 & Remasters (and PS2 version being better). The faces are just as emotionless/expressionless in the SD version..

They've talked about the Vita version as recently as a week or so ago. It's coming. They haven't told the release date for the PS3 version either.

Thank you. I really don't see what everyone is talking about. They said not long ago that they are still working on the faces and this is obviously unfinished seeing as Tidus' left arm is missing when he walks up the hill.

It's evident that they have put a lot of work into this and it's really showing.

40detectives

Neo Member
Yeah, Tidus needs his tan back. And there's just something dead about the characters' expressions now, I don't like it.

I'm sure a lot of work went into animating the original faces, and since they're changing the models, not as much effort went back into reanimating them, it seems.

The older faces on Tidus and Yuna seemed more human, in the way they animated. Now they just look like pretty dolls.

Totally agree. They all look like something between generic MMORPG models from the middle 00's and a companion doll.
And they had that tanned skin which fitted in with its caribbean/south-east asian theme.

It looks like nobody at S-E gives a fuck for the original design.

VERY dissappointed.

It's been brought up before, but the change in the character lighting/coloring is for the worse. Visually this is shaping up to be a mixed bag and a case of revision going a bit too far.

Valnen

This sums it up pretty well so far.. They're sterilizing it. Speak with your wallet folks..

I'll leave you to the deliberation.

I'll speak with my wallet. I'll be buying it. Because Square-Enix absolutely needs to know that NA players don't want to be left out of international version content.

It sucks knowing that my PS2 copy of Final Fantasy X is essentially a gimped version.

akaoni

Banned
The difference in colours is apparant in this scene, they don't look a shade of yellow anymore. You can see in the old footage used that white is actually tinted with yellow, while now the colours are natural. Quite a few people missing this....

Elios83

I've just seen the latest screens, everything looks much better than before, environment textures are considerably improved.
Only disappointment are Tidus' eyes, terrible.

legacyzero

Banned
OgGQs9u.jpg

Holy crap, Lu Lu.

Top Bottom