• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X SD vs HD Comparison Video

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. I remember being so hyped for this, and being amazed at the graphics. (Wasn't a FF fan really) but then something else came along and I cancelled my preorder. (I am thinking it may have been the Xbox launch? Does that correlate? )

Will def be getting it this time around on my Vita. Looking forward to it.

KeRaSh

The graphics still look pretty crappy to me.
I don't think I'll be spending any money on such a small graphical bump. :/

The graphics still look pretty crappy to me.
I don't think I'll be spending any money on such a small graphical bump. :/

Whether you think it looks crappy or not, it's not just a 'small bump'.

Anyway, I'm fine with the new look. I just can't wait to play through these again. :)

That's a very nice upgrade. Dem rock textures!
Shame it doesn't fix the fact that Auron isn't the main character instead of lame-ass Tidus.
Oh well, day 1.

Nice.

FFX is my favorite FF! I've been thinking of replaying it, but I'll definitely wait for the HD release. Tidus looks miles better with out that cray cray tan.

Slermy

I'm all for improved models and textures, but the way they toned down the original warm color palette is really jarring. Everyone looks so pale!

As someone who has not played Final Fantasy X, this bothered me too. The SD video's pallet all comes together, and gives a sense of warmth from the environment. The HD video looks pale, cold, and clinical.

Also, I agree the Typeface chance at the end was a poor choice.

Kyon

Banned
Does it still do the annoying ass TWITCHING thing on the models? Not sure if i caught any here but it was really irritating in X

The video is for a HD vs. SD comparison, so I'm not sure what that has to do with a LE.

I think if the Vita version was gonna launch the same day, they'd have also mentioned. Oh, and there would be a pre-order page up for it on gamestop and amazon (neither one has one yet.)

Because Junior, I don't know. Maybe if you look at the packaging at the end of the trailer you'll see its the PS3 version advertised. Because unlike the Vita its the only 'dual-game' edition on the market and as such has a limited edition. Hence the PS3 branding, not Vita.

Oublieux

Something about the HD version and the overall color tone bothers me; it seems much colder whereas the SD version has a warmer scheme to it.

batbeg

I really detested FFX when I first played it but am willing to give this remaster a shot, especially as I've never played X-2. If Square-Enix doesn't give me a XII HD though I swear to God I will personally rip the balls off of every male executive at Square-Enix.

Spiegel

OgGQs9u.jpg

IceBreak

Banned
God, you just know there's going to be a trophy for dodging the 100 lightning bolts in a row. The game looks good. If they set up some cross-buy, I'll get it as FFX is my personal favorite (blasphemy!).

daninthemix

I'll be interested if Digital Foundry decides to do a comparison of the HD remaster vs the original running in PCSX2.

Best scene.

iNRFDnbzZVMjA.gif
Don't like the eyes. There's more detail around the eyes in the SD version. In the HD, it looks like his eyes are swollen and he's got eye makeup on. Like anime eyes on a real person. Looks weird. And yeah, there's more subtle animation in the SD version, so he looks more human.

Well, at least they remembered to add in his earrings. :p

amr

Banned
Yeah, Tidus is more expressive in the PS2 version.

In that shot anyway.

Not a dealbreaker. I'll take 720p.

DSN2K

think it looks better on my PC, With added AA and resolution I'll take the raw PS2 textures over this murky "HD" release.

chrono01

On the topic of FFX, I'm really not looking forward to dodging 200 lightning bolts for Lulu's Ultimate Weapon again. I managed to do it on my second or so try on the PS2 version, but it was still stressful as hell.

Better not blink!

Famassu

Going to buy this sooo much. Kinda weird that this masterpiece has the same director as that turd named Final Fantasy XIII.
The differences being that he didn't direct FFX alone and Nojima was writing the story, whereas FFXIII is directed by Toriyama alone and written by Watanabe. X-2 is closer to XIII as far as the key people go, which is kinda evident in how that game turned out (both directed by Toriyama alone, Watanabe involved in writing the story). Toriyama isn't horrible if he's not alone, but sadly they've let him run rampant with his waifu's saga. Of course XIII had other issues, like the problematic shit with the Crystal Tools and an extremely tight development schedule that followed after that was somewhat sorted out.

The differences being that he didn't direct FFX alone and Nojima was writing the story, whereas FFXIII is directed by Toriyama alone and written by Watanabe. X-2 is closer to XIII as far as the key people go, which is kinda evident in how that game turned out (both directed by Toriyama alone, Watanabe involved in writing the story). Toriyama isn't horrible if he's not alone, but sadly they've let him run rampant with his waifu's saga. Of course XIII had other issues, like the problematic shit with the Crystal Tools and an extremely tight development schedule that followed after that was somewhat sorted out.

Oh. Thanks for info. Makes way more sense. Good to see that XV will have Nojima writing the story (at least according the wiki).

Top Bottom