• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naked peeping tom in critical condition after beatdown by victim's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he deserved it?

http://www.krqe.com/web/krqe/news/crime/alleged-prowler-left-in-critical-condition?hpt=ju_bn6

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Police say two men took matters into their hands when they caught a naked peeping tom spying on girls in the middle of the night. The alleged prowler is now in critical condition after police say they got into a bloody confrontation.

Investigators spent Thursday morning marking the scene where blood covers the road, evidence of how bloody the confrontation was.

Police say it all started with a 911 call around 2:30 a.m. A man inside a home on Corriz reported an outside prowler watching two girls ages 13 and 15 inside the residence.

The family caught the man when they heard noise coming from outside.

"The bushes were shaking. Then she heard groaning and moaning," said mother Katrina Chavez. "My oldest son went out, said 'What are you doing?' and then discovered he was naked."

While officers were dispatched to the scene, police say the girl’s dad, brother and a friend of the brother chased the man away from their property and down the street.

When police arrived, they found the alleged prowler naked and beaten.

The father, brother and friend are detained and are being interviewed by police Thursday.

"He was at fault and they're just protecting their family," said aunt Maria Ramirez. "He's in their yard, naked, looking through their windows - you don't do that. A normal person does not do that."

APD says they will be working with the DA to decide if the three men will be charged with anything.

The alleged prowler is now at UNMH in critical, unstable condition.

Police have not yet released the names of the people involved in the incident.

Cipherr

Critical and unstable condition? Damn they beat the ever loving hell out of that dude.

I feel he kinda deserved some sort of 'blow back'. But its err... difficult to say the man SHOULD have been beaten within an inch of his life. That's just too much. Mild ass whipping and an arrest is enough.

Derwind

On the one hand they were protecting their family from a fucking disgusting creep, I can't blame them for that.

On the other hand, they probably killed this guy... a fleeing creep is still fleeing.

On the other other hand, if I'm reading this right he technically was trespassing on their property.

Weighing everything, I don't really feel any sympathy.... is that bad?

Slayven

On the one hand they were protecting their family from a fucking disgusting creep, I can't blame them for that.

On the other hand, they probably killed this guy... a fleeing creep is still fleeing.

On the other other hand, if I'm reading this right he technically was trespassing on their property.

Weighing everything, I don't really feel any sympathy.... is that bad?

Nope

I don't think he deserved to have his ass beaten like that. Sorry but a few punches and kicks? Okay that's cool, but straight out stompin the fuck outta this dude to within an inch of his life? Sounds like they might have anger issues.

Monocle

Protecting your family from a naked peeping tom is chasing him off. Nearly beating him to death is vigilantism. The attackers should be jailed.

RSLAEV

This isn't about protection, it's about using righteous indignation as an excuse to beat a man nearly to death. There's a reason why you have to prove that you feel your life is being threatened before using excessive force against an assailant in the civilized world.

Some dude was looking at your kids naked and beating off. Instead of neutralizing any threat and possibly apprehending him until the authorities arrived you beat him within an inch of his life. Now you *both* have to go on trial. Grats

Conflicted.

I can justify an ass kicking behind something like this, but not three people beating him within an inch of his life.

On the other hand, don't fucking do that, man.

Slayven

This isn't about protection, it's about using righteous indignation as an excuse to beat a man nearly to death. There's a reason why you have to prove that you feel your life is being threatened before using excessive force against an assailant in the civilized world.

Some dude was looking at your kids naked and beating off. Instead of neutralizing any threat and possibly apprehending him until the authorities arrived you beat him within an inch of his life. Now you *both* have to go on trial. Grats
Rational goes out the window when that shit goes down.

Derwind

Conflicted.

I can justify an ass kicking behind something like this, but not three people beating him within an inch of his life.

On the other hand, don't fucking do that, man.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same.

The guys still should be charged for the beatdown regardless. The creep was fleeing. At that point the danger is neutralized and you let the cops finish the rest.

Monocle

Did he ask for it? No, but is he responsible for what happened to him? Hell yeah.
No he's not. He chose to act like a pervert. His attackers chose to take out their sadistic impulses on a convenient target. Both parties acted wrongly, but nearly murdering someone is definitely worse than secretly jacking off to people you're spying on.

The video report that goes with this article also points out that the brother was the one that caught him and the guy punched the brother in the mouth and then took off running. That's when the father, brother and friend went after him.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No he's not. He chose to act like a pervert. His attackers chose to take out their sadistic impulses on a convenient target. Both parties acted wrongly, but nearly murdering someone is definitely worse than secretly jacking off to people you're spying on.

Nah. Other way around.

yeah what's a bit of harmless jerking off among a buck naked freak and two terrorized teenaged girls

Slayven

If he wasn't out jacking off at people windows, he wouldn't have gotten beaten down. How is it not that simple? This people were living their lawful lives, he was the one that fucked up.

GrapeApes

How do you know he stops at beating it? I don't really feel for this guy. The family went overboard but it's understandable how they could get to that point.

Derwind

Because it's really hard to run away with pants around your ankles.

112066.gif

I think the pervert should obviously go to jail (if he doesn't outright die before) but the other guys should be charged too. You don't go around beating someone to near-death (OR death) when they're no longer a threat.

Monocle

Mental and emotional harm doesn't matter?

Not defending the beating here.
I know reading comprehension is not a lot of people's strongest point, but Jesus. Mental and emotional harm absolutely do matter. We're discussing two crimes here, though. I'm saying the one that left someone on the verge of death is worse. That doesn't mean the lesser crime is anywhere close to OK.

It is too much to hope that you'll be the last person to make an idiotic strawman out of my thoroughly explained opinion?

Despera

Banned
The fact that he actually physically attacked the victims' brother before running away is what makes him getting beat that badly kind of justified. He was asking for it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know reading comprehension is not a lot of people's strongest point, but Jesus. Mental and emotional harm absolutely do matter. We're discussing two crimes here, though. I'm saying the one that left someone on the verge of death is worse. That doesn't mean the lesser crime is anywhere close to OK.

It is too much to hope that you'll be the last person to make an idiotic strawman out of my thoroughly explained opinion?

The post I responded to wasn't comparing anything.

Linkyn

I'd say he had it coming, but whatever he did was no reason to nearly beat him to death. Even if you were going to kick his ass, use some moderation.

gryz

Banned
He's almost dead. Why wouldn't I feel bad for him? If someone creeps on me naked I'm allowed to kill hem?

why should I feel bad for this guy getting his ass beat for something that obviously will lead to an ass beating?

maybe he could have masturbated in moderation in his own home

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
why should I feel bad for this guy getting his ass beat for something that obviously will lead to an ass beating?

Masturbation in Moderation: A Self-Help Guide to Not Getting Your Ass Beat

Crayons

Banned

If he went outside naked and spied on teenage girls, he's obviously not right in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom