• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult's Game of the Generation votes are underway

Contest's over, guys.

WINNER: The Last of Us

11,000 people voted for the final round and the TLOU won with a margin of 340 votes.

concoursjeudelagnratigoi6i.jpg

Timeaisis

This is going to be GTA vs TLOU because those are the most recent.

Xenoblade, Skyward Sword, Bayonetta, New Vegas and MGS4 will all loose but I will know better.

Yawnier

Banned
It's too bad that Nier got curb-stomped by Tomb Raider :(. I can see it coming down between GTA V and TLOU though.

flkraven

Funny how Dead Space beat Wii Sports. I love both games, but objectively speaking, few games defined this generation more than Wii Sports did (whether you like it or not). PS Move & Kinect are both pretty much thanks to the game that 100 million console buyers got.

lol @ some of those brackets

TLOU is going to have no trouble up til Halo 3

And some of the others brackets seem stacked too

daveo42

Banned
Never understood why brackets are used for this kind of thing. It might be easier to narrow down contenders, but some games are unfairly stacked against games that are either more popular or in a completely different genre. Some games are destined to go out pretty fast due to this alone, even if they deserve more credit.

Voting could work, but you'd need to have 3-4 sessions to whittle down the number of games till you have about 8 left to vote on. It could work and might show a more accurate representation of where games fall for the generation.

Voliko

I don't really care for most of these games, but the fact that Nier is actually being mentioned in something like this is surprising. Contest redeemed.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I have a feeling there's gonna be an upset with the Mirror's Edge/Super Mario Galaxy matchup.

Bedlam

If the final tier isn't Red Dead Redemption vs. Dark Souls, then there is no god.

There probably is no god

edit: okay, those two games will duke it out before the final unfortunately. No god confirmed.

Mad props for including Spec Ops: The Line, btw, Gamekult!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The fact that Galaxy only got 65% of the votes against Castlevania is ludicrous.

If the final tier isn't Red Dead Redemption vs. Dark Souls, then there is no god.

There probably is no god

edit: okay, those two games will duke it out before the final unfortunately. No god confirmed.

Mad props for including Spec Ops: The Line, btw, Gamekult!

I'm still wondering what's so special about that game (I still voted for it because there's no way I'd vote for a Final Fantasy game post-FFX).

SJRB

Gold Member
O right, we're going to get 20 of these now are we?

Anyway, I think GTAV is going to take this one.

eot

Banned
I like Witcher 2, but Super Meat Boy is a better game. I maybe wouldn't pick it to win, but it's better than the majority of stuff on that list.

Anyway, Dark Souls.

Top Bottom