• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult's Game of the Generation votes are underway

Sojiro

Personally would like to see xenoblade, portal 2, mario galaxy, or minecraft win it (i think minecraft probably deserves it the most), but I am guessing GTA V will win it. Its very recent, had a ton of hype and sales, and is legitmately a great game.

If there is any justice in the world - and I'd like to believe in this case there will be - BioShock will pummel the living shit out of Final Fantasy XIII in this.

keit4

Banned
MGSIV over Dead Rising???
Dishonored over Street Fighter IV???

Why?

EDIT: oh, gamekult is a french site. I can see why now.

I wish I was better at accepting other opinions but holy shit do I get mad at just looking at such polls. GTA V or TLoU are the most recent big good games which is why either one or the other will win despite a Dark Souls in the mix.

keit4

Banned
I'm still baffled for the great amount of people considering MGS4 as a good game.

My game of the gen is Demon's Souls, but it's not on the list so i'm going with Dark Souls.

It should. SS should not be in any list other than worst games of this gen.

What the hell is TR doing here?

Hey. SS was awesome with the exception of being to linear and handholding. Otherwise, it refined Zelda a bunch. It was a very 1 step forward .5 step back situation. Combat, storytelling, character interaction, items, dungeons, puzzles, bosses, etc. were some of the best the series has seen

GTA V or Galaxy....Damn...

That'll be the first major upset in the next round. If I could, despite not playing a few of these, I would guess that GTAV TLOU and a Galaxy combo is the most deserving.

Next round will cause a BUNCH of flames.
Sorry, GTA, I'm going Galaxy

New round:

hS24zgY.jpg

Wait, what does "Game of the Generation" mean? Last 20 years? 2000 forward? Because they're some really weird omissions, like Half Life 2.

Also, brackets? You put up games who are still riding the hype-train like GTA V against games from a year ago like The Walking Dead? Seems a bit silly to me.

Dark Souls vs. RDR will be interesting ... ( I think RDR wins that by a large margin though )

Batman will beat Witcher 2

GTAV beats Tomb Raider

Super Mario beats Mass Effect

Skyrim Beats Portal 2

Bioshock vs MGS4 is interesting .... ( I think this will be close ... Bioshock inching away due to higher recognition )

Uncharted 2 destroys Assassins Creed 2

The Last of Us destroys Dishonored

Wait, what does "Game of the Generation" mean?

My guess is game of this console generation. 360's entry into this generation till now.

I'm betting GTAV vs RDR for the upper semi and Skyrim/UC2 vs TLOU for the lower semi. Final will be R* game vs ND game.

Wait, what does "Game of the Generation" mean? Last 20 years? 2000 forward? Because they're some really weird omissions, like Half Life 2.

Also, brackets? You put up games who are still riding the hype-train like GTA V against games from a year ago like The Walking Dead? Seems a bit silly to me.

Current gen. PS360Wii starting from 2005-

BenouKat

Banned
Its a total random braket. The logic is simple : the winner is a game which can beat any game. So the state where a game lose means nothing.

Its not a ranking but a championship if you prefer.

Vodh

It's for fun.

'Game of the Generation' means best game of the current generation of consoles. Half-Life 2 is nothing special.

It doesn't matter which game is put up against which other game. There is only one winner. If it's the game of the generation it means it will beat all the other games anyway.

DukeBobby

Since I have voted I can see the preliminary results, here they are:

My picks:

GTA V
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal 2
Uncharted 2
Oh, tough one...hmm, Arkham Asylum, but only just.
Red Dead Redemption (I've not played much of Dark Souls. I will remedy that soon)
Bioshock
The Last of Us

These voters seem to be voting for the games with the most action, considering Super Mario Galaxy and Portal 2 both lost to grittier games even though they were obviously superior (at least in my opinion)

Top Bottom