• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One last game to finish out the generation

With about three weeks to go until PS4, I'm about ready to call it quits with both my PS3 and my 360. Trying to decide how to finish things off. My backlog is huge like a lot of yours, and I'll never finish it all. I'm ready for a clean break starting on 11/15.

That leaves three weeks to kill. I'm looking at either XCOM or Sleeping Dogs. I've already got XCOM for free via PS+ (never played it, though), and I've got my eyes on Sleeping Dogs since it's $11 this week with an expansion. I've only got time for one. Assuming I like both genres equally, which do you all recommend?

Anyone else planning to play through one last game before next gen?

(Don't worry, I'll turn the PS3 back on in March. You know why.)

Doffen

My backlog is sick. I have yet to finnish; The Last of Us, GTA5, Gears Judgment, MG Rising, AC III, Crysis 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Fuse, Beyond and a shit ton of XBLA.

I have PS+ so my list "to close out the generation" keeps getting bigger each week and I love it.

I'm picking up my PS4 on launch day but there are so many great games for me to play on the PS3 that until Sony sorts out that Gaikai streaming business (and if it's any good) my PS3 will remain on equal footing with the new arrival in my living room.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely suggest XCOM over Sleeping Dogs. SD is fun but XCOM is so, so much better of a game.

I'm not rounding out this gen until 2014/2015, so I've got a long way to go before I have to "close it out." ;)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GTAV is my last game of this generation. It was fantastic in single player. I was hoping that the Online Mode would be much better than what it is but for the most part it's been a happy farewell to my ps3.

hal9001

Banned
2012-VGA-Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2-cinematic-trailer-rise-of-Dracul-Belmont.jpg

sublimit

Banned
Nope i have not one but LOTS of current gen games that i still need to play not including those that are still coming (GT6,Dark Souls 2).

I have 20+ games to beat along with Knack and Killzone this November. ;_;

But my last game before PS4 is probably going to be The Last of Us. Haven't touched it due to studies and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

DukeBobby

Beyond was my final game. Not exactly a generation defining experience, but at least it provided me with some jaw dropping visuals.

Milennia

Arkham origins will prob be my final game before next gen.

I still have kh2.5hd though, as well as south park and dark souls 2.

I have 20+ games to beat along with Knack and Killzone this November. ;_;

But my last game before PS4 is probably going to be The Last of Us. Haven't touched it due to studies and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

Playing it again. Gonna beat it on Survivor and I'm done with the PS3

Tex117

Banned
Im still holding on for a few more months.

Dark Souls 2 is really the reason why.

That and I still need to finish Resonance of Fate. I have been playing it off an on since 2009. Its the only game I own that I have not beaten.

I have tLoU ready as a send off title but I'm kind of worried It won't last me. I have do have lots of PS+ titles left incase but I'm still putting off tLoU. Maybe I should power BS2 and Grab Infinite before this gen ends.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm not going to "finish" this gen for a long time. There's still a lot of good games I haven't played.

PS4 can wait till next holiday season.

reminder

I think South Park: The Stick of Truth will be my last PS3 game. I wish it'd be released on PS4.

Edit: oh, i got the OP wrong. Well, i guess i'll finish Puppeteer before the PS4 hits.

Ratchet & Clank ITN will be my last game to play before buying PS4 and jumping into the next gen.

But the last LAST game? probably will be Tales of Xillia 2.

Gaz_RB

GTAV is my last game of this generation. It was fantastic in single player. I was hoping that the Online Mode would be much better than what it is but for the most part it's been a happy farewell to my ps3.

Same. GTA is gonna be the last current gen game I play before heading into the beautiful world of the PS4.

dcx4610

I'm working on Puppeteer right now and still have GTA5, Ni No Kuni and a ton of PSN games to go through. No way I'm getting through all of that so it looks like it's going to be GTA5.

Seems like a good way to end the generation but with my launch title being AC4, I don't know if I want to go back to back open world games.

i have still a vast backlog (not only Xbox 360, but also PS3, 3DS and Wii) and there are still some games out there which might be worth it to buy or play (just finished Red Faction Armageddon, which was fun), so next gen at the moment won't happen

also, a lot of games of this generation are now at very low prices and they are graphically good enough, so no need atm to have a 'last game'

Top Bottom