• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One last game to finish out the generation

DIRTY-D

Wow... I'm surprised by the lack of people not throwing this into the fold. This will be my last game purchased for my old systems. Unless we get new ports.

DIRTY-D

ultrasflogothumb.jpg

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
In Europe so before the 29th I want to start and finish Remember Me and Metal Gear Rising from PS Plus and Batman AO

I just don't understand how anyone who calls themselves a gaming enthusiast just stops playing games from prior gens every time a new console hits. You wont always have something to play on the PS4 / One / Wii U so why not go back and play some games on older consoles? I'm still playing PS1, PS2, N64 and GCN games alongside my PS3.

GetemMa

I'm don't have a backlog.

I started purchasing new titles on either PC or WiiU about a year ago.

GTA V is the last game I'm playing on 360.

I'm getting Batman Arkham Origins on WiiU.

Soriku

I just don't understand how anyone who calls themselves a gaming enthusiast just stops playing games from prior gens every time a new console hits. You wont always have something to play on the PS4 / One / Wii U so why not go back and play some games on older consoles? I'm still playing PS1, PS2, N64 and GCN games alongside my PS3.

Yeah really. With the slow library build up of new consoles you're probably downgrading if anything.

With about three weeks to go until PS4, I'm about ready to call it quits with both my PS3 and my 360. Trying to decide how to finish things off. My backlog is huge like a lot of yours, and I'll never finish it all. I'm ready for a clean break starting on 11/15.

That leaves three weeks to kill. I'm looking at either XCOM or Sleeping Dogs. I've already got XCOM for free via PS+ (never played it, though), and I've got my eyes on Sleeping Dogs since it's $11 this week with an expansion. I've only got time for one. Assuming I like both genres equally, which do you all recommend?

Anyone else planning to play through one last game before next gen?

(Don't worry, I'll turn the PS3 back on in March. You know why.)

TLOU

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Too many still in backlog.

I did just finish Demon's Souls and Skyward Sword finally. A start! Working on GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony before moving into GTAV.

I'm up 3-2 in the ALCS over the Red Sox with my Jays in MLB The Show 2013. Never won a World Series in Video Game baseball. Hope I can take them all the way this year.

sono

I have so much still left I want to play on PS3 its crazy
Deus Ex HR
BTS
TLOU
GOW A
FF XIII-2
FF X1V A realm reborn
FF X HD
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Demon Souls
Dark Souls 1 and 2
Castlevania LOS
Arkam Asylum and Origins
GTAV
R&C Into the Nexus

Never mind all the free stuff I have on PS+

Should I cancel my PS4 pre-order ?
no

Ianan

Ni No Kuni and The Last of Us are what I'm finishing with. Loving TLoU so far and have Ni No Kuni arriving later today!

lem0n

Actually just went ahead and paid the $11.24, and it's downloading now. I wish I'd have thought to download it before I left for work this morning. It may not be done in time for me to play tonight.
Awesome, enjoy it (eventually!)

One of my personal GoTY's

I'm not thinking about shelving my PS3 until Tales of Xillia 2 is out. After I'm done with that game, then I might think about shelving it.

I definitely won't sell it. I don't sell my consoles.

DJIzana

FFX / FFX-2 will be the last Playstation game I play in a LONG time. Won't be getting a PS4 until I see more Japanese games and ones that will be localized at that.

Chemo

There are way too many cool things coming up post-PS4-launch to give up on the PS3, but then again, I don't keep a backlog. I'll be purchasing (and playing to completion) all of the following in the next year:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (missed out on it the first time around)
XCOM: Enemy Within
Adventure Time: Explore the... (can't resist)
(maybe) South Park: The Stick of Truth
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Tales of Symphonia Chronicls
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collection
Tales of Xillia 2
and of course Dark Souls II.

There's just still way too much I'm looking forward to PS3-wise to shift over all the way. I've got a PS4 preordered, but it's going to be one of those things I don't really get into until inFAMOUS Second Son comes out, and I expect that I'll be doing most of my gaming on PS3 for at least another 8-12 months. Hell, Persona 5 is almost definitely a PS3 game, too. The machine has too much life left in it to just say 'fuck it, next gen time' and jump ship.

Osiris397

Banned
My backlog is ridiculous. I'll probably be playing more PS3 games than PS4 games over the next couple of years. I might even have go back to gamefly.

Half:
Last of Us
Journey
Ratchet and CLank: Into the Nexus
Rayman Legends
Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur V
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
NFL Blitz
Demon Souls
Dark SOuls
Beyond 2 SOuls
Bioshock Infinite
Ni No Kuni (Studio Ghibli)
Borderlands 2
Infamous
Infamous 2

CF22

My PS3 will get more use than the PS4 for the next year or so. There's where I have all my Rockstar open world games including GTA V which I know I'll be playing for years to come. But the last game I'll buy on current gen will be GT6.

Concept17

I'm debating between KZ:Mercs and Last of Us.

Really not sure. Chances are I would have more time to play something portable, but I'm afraid if I don't get to Last of Us now, I may never get to it.

Dark Souls 2 will be the last disc to grace my 360 before I move on to my PS4. Its gonna hurt a bit to have to pay for live one last time for a few months though lol

I will be picking up a few straggling RPGs next year, like Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky and maybe Drakengard 3.

Atlas157

The last games I want to play are

Gran Turismo 6
The Last of Us (Yes I haven't played it yet...)
Tales of Xillia 2
Final Fantasy X HD
Puppeteer

Edit: I forgot Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 and NNK.

I'd like to consider myself a fairly big enthusiast. I've never had an urge to play games from a previous generation, whether it's the PS2, PS1, N64, SNES, etc. Not because I no longer consider them fun or worthy, but I've just never had the urge to.

XCOM is amazing for the first (few, if you can't finish it on first try) playthroughs. Load it up on Classic Ironman and enjoy, you won't regret it. You may even thank me when you finish it.

Personally, I have like 14 360 games and 20 PC games to finish before I buy a PS4.. That will likely happen in 2015. I'll then be able to buy 2 years of cheap games for it to create a new backlog. Yay me.

unwritt3n

Banned
I've got GTAV single player still to finish, and hours of multiplayer. Haven't even started.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Batman Arkham Origins

still need to play sleeping dogs...

Next gen 2014 for me

BeberMan

Neo Member
I'm just eagerly anticipating this generation to end in order to complete my enormous backlog.
That backlog should keep me going for about a year or two, when the inevitable PS4 Slim comes out.
Just off the top of my mind I have:
COD: Black Ops all the way to COD: Ghosts.
Ratchet And Clank: Into The Nexus
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 + Mirror Of Fate
Mark Of The Ninja
Saints Row 3 + 4
GTA V
God Of War Ascension
Sly 4
Hitman: Absolution
The Godfather 2
Rocksmith + Rocksmith 2014
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Lollipop Chainsaw
Lego Batman 2
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Diablo III
Assassin's Creed 3 + IV
WWE 2K14
Mini Ninjas
X-COM: Enemy Within
Batman: Arkham Origins
Beyond: Two Souls
... So yeah, I have plenty game to go on for the coming couple of years =].

dragon crown will be the last game that i will play on the console of this generation

i will play dark souls 2 e super time force on the pc

Top Bottom