• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One last game to finish out the generation

todd360

Not sure what to think of kingdom hearts 1.5 being the last of my console backlog. Does it count as backlog since i beat it before? Is it sad that my last backlog game of this gen is from last gen haha.

lem0n

With about three weeks to go until PS4, I'm about ready to call it quits with both my PS3 and my 360. Trying to decide how to finish things off. My backlog is huge like a lot of yours, and I'll never finish it all. I'm ready for a clean break starting on 11/15.

That leaves three weeks to kill. I'm looking at either XCOM or Sleeping Dogs. I've already got XCOM for free via PS+ (never played it, though), and I've got my eyes on Sleeping Dogs since it's $11 this week with an expansion. I've only got time for one. Assuming I like both genres equally, which do you all recommend?

Anyone else planning to play through one last game before next gen?

(Don't worry, I'll turn the PS3 back on in March. You know why.)
Ohhhhh you need to play Sleeping Dogs. It's unbelievably good. A total surprise. I've platinumed it on Xbox AND PS3.

Ohhhhh you need to play Sleeping Dogs. It's unbelievably good. A total surprise. I've platinumed it on Xbox AND PS3.

Actually just went ahead and paid the $11.24, and it's downloading now. I wish I'd have thought to download it before I left for work this morning. It may not be done in time for me to play tonight.

Eusis

Fuck the fact it's not out until March, if I was to pick one game to end the generation on it'd be Dark Souls II easy. Then again I could get that on PC and ignore PS3 entirely so that's kind of a poor example.

... A better example will probably end up being some JRPG that comes out here a year or two after the PS4 launches, like Persona 5 much to the chagrin of people who really expected it on PS4 and kind of forgot how Atlus ignored the next generation for awhile with 3 new MegaTen umbrella titles hitting after the PS3 launch.
What's happening in March?
We'll Die Again.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Not sure what to think of kingdom hearts 1.5 being the last of my console backlog. Does it count as backlog since i beat it before? Is it sad that my last backlog game of this gen is from last gen haha.
Better to play that, than a current-gen game you'll never touch again.

razu

Gran Turismo 6 will keep me going until PES on PS4. 3DS will fill the gaps.

Can't wait to see the good stuff on next gen, just not feeling the initial wave.

Should be awesome. I've messed with the controllers, and they're both great.

A lot of people are saying GT6. I played a lot of GT5 and liked it well enough, but nothing I've seen from GT6 makes it look that much different from GT5. What's the big attraction? I must be missing something.

witness

I am finishing out inFamous 2 and Uncharted 2, two great exclusives. Going in on PS4 as soon as I can find one, I didn't preorder so I'll have to hunt one down in the wild....I'm sure that'll be easy!

I'm actually thinking of sending my entire PS3 collection to my younger brother for christmas. My dad is getting him a PS3 for christmas. It'll make me feel great passing these games along to him, but man....that'll be tough...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be slowly chugging through Twilight Princess, The Last of Us, Skyward Sword, Bioshock Infinite, and Wind Waker HD (in that order) alongside Battlefield 4 and Contrast on the PS4. Current gen (or even last gen) won't die for me for a while. It'll take me six or more months to get through those games.

TriGen

I'm getting South Park: The Stick of Truth in December. That will probably be the last current-gen game I play for a long while, as I'll have a Wii U, PS4, and XBO.

A lot of people are saying GT6. I played a lot of GT5 and liked it well enough, but nothing I've seen from GT6 makes it look that much different from GT5. What's the big attraction? I must be missing something.

Thats because apart from some new tracks and cars nothing has really been shown.

I guess Metal Gear Rising from PS+ will be the last game I play on my PS3. I'll probably remember Last of Us as the 'final game' though.

Joeku

As far as codifying and speaking to what this generation was, Spec Ops: The Line can be had for a song.

considering im getting both next gen consoles on day 1, GTAV will probably be the last current gen game I finish by then.

Well actually I'm getting BF4 on PC

BF4
GTAV

Still way too early for me to say a last game. Probably will be plenty of new stuff still releasing for a while after the next generation starts. But if it were truly ending completely with what we know now, FFX-X2 Remaster for me.

Wurdfurd

BF4 on PC for me, but thats not really end of generation...its PC...

I don't think there will be any other new PS360 game I'll play...probably ever again :S

My "game I'm playing before next gen comes" is InFamous 1/2. Figured I should clear those out of the backlog before Second Son.

The last game I'll be playing on 7th-gen hardware will likely be whatever the last game GUST makes for it is.

Tohsaka

There are still 9 or 10 PS3 games coming out next year I plan to buy that won't be on PS4, nearly all of them JRPGs except for LoS 2. My PS3 will continue to get use for quite a while yet, and I'm okay with that.

Busaiku

PS3 will definitely be getting play from me next year.
With both Guilty Gear games and Drakengard 3, it'll be just fine.

KaYotiX

Banned
GTAV is my last game of this generation. It was fantastic in single player. I was hoping that the Online Mode would be much better than what it is but for the most part it's been a happy farewell to my ps3.

This, sold it a few weeks ago. Bring on NEXT GEN!!!

Overboost

Witcher 2 is the last full game I'll play on my 360. Still waiting on the BioShock Infinite DLC to come out, then I'm done. Selling it the next day.

My PS3, on the other hand...

GTA V
Rayman Legends
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD
Puppeteer
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Dark Souls 2
Beyond: Two Souls (when it's $19.99)

FaintDeftone

I promised myself I would not buy any more games until PS4 releases. I will probably pick up Arkham Origins as long as it doesn't suck, and definitely Dark Souls 2 and that'll probably be it.

pinny

Banned
There are still a few games I want to play on the current gen systems:

Deadly Premonition
DmC
Dragon's Crown
Dark Souls II
Gears of War
Halo 4
Sin & Punishment 2
Final Fantasy X HD

razu

I've played all the Gran Turismo games, and they've all been excellent. It's a gaming event for me.

One of my favourite things to do with a game I love is complete it, delete my save and start all over again. So, a new GT, with some new stuff, is kinda my best thing ever.. :)

Soriku

My last game will be whatever the last good RPG for PS3 ends up being after I've played all the others.

Which means I won't be done till 2015 at the earliest, and the game is pending.

Xillia 2 is probably it for me.

I ASSUME it's going to be latter half of 2014 at least.

Until you decide you want Tales of Zestiria as well.

I won't drop my 360 anytime soon, specially with Dark Souls and Lords of Shadow 2 coming next year but my last PS3 probably was Beyond.

The PS3 still has a lot of life left in it.

Dark Souls 2
Drakengard 3
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
Lightning Returns
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
R&C Into the Nexus

Plus several more, including some that haven't been announced yet I expect. The PS3 isn't going to instantly stop having games once the PS4 arrives.

Top Bottom