• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

zroid

Banned
iDHVExp2Pmv6r.png

jC3ks7evxM7vF.png

Developer: Namco Bandai Studio, Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo

Release Dates:

Tennis and Bowling
Japan: October 30, 2013
North America: November 7, 2013
Europe: November 7, 2013
Australia: November 8, 2013

Golf
Worldwide: December 18, 2013

Baseball and Boxing
Worldwide: June 27, 2014

Retail version including all 5 sports
Europe: July 11, 2014
Japan: July 17, 2014
North America: July 25, 2014

Platform: Wii U

Players: 1-4, locally or online

Download size: ~1.7 GB (Tennis + Bowling only)

Price:

Club Pass -- Unlimited and permanent access to any one sport
¥1000 / $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99

Day Pass -- 24 hour temporary access to all available sports
¥200 / $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99

Free Trial:
Upon release of any new sport, all users will be granted a free day pass (24 hour access to all sports, including the newly added one). When Tennis/Bowling release in your region, if you have opted-in for SpotPass content delivery to your Wii U, Wii Sports Club will automatically download and you can activate your day pass immediately to play Tennis and Bowling for 24 hours at no cost.

jngtvqj5GpLwe.jpg

Automatic delivery
As noted above, the sports will automatically be downloaded by your Wii U whenever available (if you've opted-in), and you can start playing immediately. Convenience!​

Online gameplay
For each sport, an online mode will be featured whereby you can participate in ranked matches. However, instead of individual rankings, your result will be added to your "Club" ranking. A Club is defined as a geographical region, such as a state, province, or prefecture. The more you win, the higher your Club's win% and stats will go! PLAY FOR PRIDE! Of course there's also an option to play with Wii U friends, and you can additionally pair up with one other player locally to take on another team online. Please note that online play is region locked based on your system settings when playing with random users. You can still play with all of your friends, however, irrespective of region.​

Miiverse integration
As usual, you can comment on your successes and victories, and send advice to other players, but furthermore the "Online Banter" feature will leverage Miiverse to allow you to communicate through personalized messages which you can send to your online playing partners during gameplay. These can be both typed or handwritten/drawn. Try using pictures to remove the language barrier!​

Training Modes
Improve your skills with all-new training modes, and help your Club move up in rank.​

Stat Tracking
In addition to win%, the games will also track various other miscellaneous stats for each sport, such as the total number of pins knocked down in Bowling for each Club.​

Wii Motion Plus
All sports will utilize the enhanced features of Wii Motion Plus, setting them apart to some degree from the level of control achieved in the original Wii Sports. For example, in Tennis, you will be able to specifically choose whether to hit a forehand or backhand for any particular shot, and you can realistically "twirl" your racket while waiting for your opponent's shot!​

jMNYVejVg5WzA.jpg

The following are currently available:

jbgO1JjAr7fMoF_e.png

jxzZnx9O4tjOS_e.png

jbdQFjbjCYCS4b_e.jpg

huRLVt9.png

Fun facts:
- Golf will utilize the E3 2011 Wii U golf concept
jbu4KjYWy6YtQP.jpg

- Baseball will leverage the dual screen setup when playing locally so that the pitcher can plan his/her strategy on the GamePad's screen, in an effort to trip up the batter who looks at the TV screen.

ij6nAKs3x3ki8.jpg

iCvtzpg4KS66j.jpg
jjSWvMzq52BtV.jpg

iqGdQlTcbZ4zl.jpg
iyf6ucK0PVAXE.jpg

ibwsqux1f6v7iZ.jpg
ibeczoihtgf9PU.jpg

11437446533_9b999df7f2_o.jpg

11437342286_1833c56ba6_o.jpg

iTuSmckyEQaaN.jpg

jbtx0k6jD0TDUY.jpg

5g6SsMMl.png

oQvOVlNl.png

jUKBpDn9L30A7.jpg

Nintendo.com game page

Wii Sports Club official website

Japanese Miiverse Communities

Wii Sports Club segment from Wii Fit U Nintendo Direct

Wii Sports Club commercial featuring Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf

Wii Sports Club: GOLF launch trailer

*this OP will likely be updated as new sports and information become available

johpLh05dOXRZ.jpg

Yes Boss!

Day Zero.

These will all live on my Wii U!

(thanks for doing an OT for a game which probably would not have gotten one)

Phanservice

Neo Member
I really hope they explore using two wii motion plus for wii boxing. Otherwise it would be a miss opportunity and awkward to have one hand using a waggle nunchuck and another using a motion plus.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Oh shit the main menu being so overly built for overscan, cramming the text on the edge of the buttons, and the kerning on those sport names OH MAN!!!!

Will not buy.

Robin64

Oh shit the main menu being so overly built for overscan, cramming the text on the edge of the buttons, and the kerning on those sport names OH MAN!!!!

Will not buy.

I know (hope) you're kidding, but given the Wii U has global overscan adjustments it's a little odd, given it does look pretty silly.

This comming out on the 7th almost makes me sad to go on hollydays to a tropical island for two weeks on the 6th...Well, guess it'll ease the pain of coming back home.

Fun facts:
- Golf will utilize the E3 2011 Wii U golf concept
jbu4KjYWy6YtQP.jpg

I admit, I never expected this to actually happen. For how accident-prone Wii owners were with remotes, the idea you'd set the expensive tablet down on the floor where it could be stepped on seemed laughable to me.

But how can they have the ideal multiplayer experience if they're not sitting on the same couch, able to see each other's faces?

It's been long enough since I played these on my original Wii that I'm actually looking forward to them again.

Now I guess it's time to get that Wiimote with motion plus...

Darryl

Banned
But how can they have the ideal multiplayer experience if they're not sitting on the same couch, able to see each other's faces?

in the video this image is from, there are 2 teams of 2 doing doubles against each other from different rooms. each of the teams is able to see each others faces. i'm not even sure if you can team up with someone not in your room. from what i can tell they're still trying to push it as a local co-operative online experience, just including the "others" for you guys to face off against this time.

man if online works well the Tennis and Bowling clubs could prove to be a killer app

Could Wii Sports Club turn it all around for Wii U casual love?

kitsuneyo

Who's representing Yorkshire & Humberside? Let's annihilate those other sorry-arse regions!

Edit - £8.99 per sport now? I thought it was £6.99?!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Just a thought, but ever since this game was announced and the concept of regional clubs was revealed, I always thought part of the reason they designed this feature was in order to encourage people who are geographically close to play together, which would also be beneficial in terms of latency.

Bullza2o

Basic owner here, and I want to buy at least Tennis when it comes out.

How much space does each sport take? Does the Sports Club app take space too?

Hopefully I've turned the automatic download feature off (pretty sure I have).

F**k that Nintendo, I live in a country where we have download caps. >_> I don't need you using it up for me lol.

Anyway, getting Bowling permanently!

gogogow

I'm interested, but man, €9.99 is steep for just one sport. Wii Fit U is a so much better deal, spend €19.99 to get the Wii Fit meter and get the game for FREE!

HeySeuss

I'm interested, but man, €9.99 is steep for just one sport. Wii Fit U is a so much better deal, spend €19.99 to get the Wii Fit meter and get the game for FREE!

10-15 bucks used is pretty cheap. And they are easy to find.

My bad...meant to quote gumby

Penguin

Yes, I already have the balance board.

Why doesn't Nintendo offer a bundle?
- One sport for €9.99
- Bowling and Tennis bundle for €14.99
- Season Pass (All five sports) for €39.99

Perhaps they will?

I mean they do with the 3DS StreetPass Plaza games

But probably don't wanna announce too far in advance since the other sports don't have release dates?

zroid

Banned
I'd say it's as likely as Minecraft propelling the Vita to stardom.

Nope.

I honestly have some wild hopes that it might catch on. Minecraft on Vita, that is. Kids love Minecraft. Kids love handhelds. Maybe it's the perfect recipe? Not about to trumpet it as a sure thing, but it might be one of the best chances Vita has to earn some popularity in the West.

is he living in Japan?

yeah he does

Top Bottom