• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

jacksrb

Basic owner here, and I want to buy at least Tennis when it comes out.

How much space does each sport take? Does the Sports Club app take space too?

I think they reference a 1.3 GB free for the automatic download, but it may be less for just tennis.

I am excited for this, especially the golf, which sounds like isn't too far off.

Hoodbury

Was planning on getting Tennis since my wife enjoyed it the first time around so much, but Cheesemeister's lag comment is troubling.

Cheesemeister tweeting that Tennis is laggy. Dammit Namco, you had ONE job!

I hope this is something that can be sorted out.

I know, in the the Iwata Asks, that it was a challenge for them, since it was using up to four gyros that need to communicate.

I hope this is a server issue, rather than coding.

Developer: Namco Bandai Studio, Nintendo EAD

wait what

GOKU CONFIRMED????

still not sold on the pricing but we'll see later on down the line. i'll also want to hear impressions about whether or not they're worthwhile upgrades from the original wii sports games

You may want to add Gamexplain's preview videos to the OP. They have one that shows off all the main game modes and another for the online

Main modes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AIwyLmV4H0

Online Tennis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR9F1CIGXTI

Its nice to know that Andre mentions that his matches with randoms didnt have any noticeable lag. So it must just be server issues, if theres any lag.

Can't watch the vids right now. Is there new stuff, or is it just a straight HD port with motion plus and online?

Read the Iwatas Asks for this game. They go into detail on how all the features work.

zroid

Banned
That first one's already in the OP incidentally; watching the online vid now, and it's good stuff. Looks like there's an indicator to tell you how your connection is holding up.

Ah I totally missed it--lots of good stuff in that OP! :)

And yeah, that online indicator looks pretty handy

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Namco helping Nintendo more and more clearly means The iDOLM@STER 3 for Wii U Xevious U is all but confirmed.

I'll give the 24 hour period a go but I'm tempted to wait until all the original Wii Sports games are out to see if they announce a package deal like the Streetpass games.

Hoodbury

I wonder why they have the online scoring be "first to 7 points" instead of actual tennis scoring.

Ya that's weird. Maybe they didn't want to do the whole deuce - adv - deuce - adv - deuce - adv, etc thing and just have a cap. No win by 2 basically.

zroid

Banned
Ya that's weird. Maybe they didn't want to do the whole deuce - adv - deuce - adv - deuce - adv, etc thing and just have a cap. No win by 2 basically.

Nah, 6-6 is called deuce in these matches. Basically they are tiebreakers. You still have to win by 2.

javac

Which one are people going to play first, assuming you get both? Tennis looks the most...immersive as always but I'll get my ass kicked. Bowling is less physical lol and I might kick some you know what online.

Given the improvements made to Tennis, I'm intrigued as to how they'll change Golf. More courses and finer control have me excited.

Plus, Mario Golf 3DS is set for Q1. It's golf overload.

Fore!

kitsuneyo

I hope this is something that can be sorted out.

I know, in the the Iwata Asks, that it was a challenge for them, since it was using up to four gyros that need to communicate.

I hope this is a server issue, rather than coding.

Nintendomination says on Twitter:

online mode works very well ^^

https://twitter.com/TiLMEN/status/395670098113208321

And I think he's in Germany, playing against people in Japan.

Would be good to get an update from Cheesemeister now the dust has settled a bit.

Gamexplain posted another online video showing off bowling

http://youtu.be/0SXQN5SkUMY

I am not sure having to wait for all 3 other players to do their launches is a good idea for online multiplayer. Sounds boring as hell, I can't even imagine Golf. Should have speeded up the process by allowing you to do 2-3 launches in a row, then watch replays of other players' launches without the waiting time or something.

In local MP it's OK but online…

zroid

Banned
So... now this has been out for a few days... any more mature impressions from J-GAF and importers? How's the online holding up? Were the improvements to Tennis and Bowling meaningful and worthwhile?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Will get because why not, and I need something on my big ass hdd :p

Did some research but still not too sure so I'll ask; is this possible? I want to play Tennis and Bowling with a Wii U friend, online, as a team, against other online opponents. I believe this is possible via local multiplayer (two players on a Wii U against two other Wii U players online), but I would love to this this online as well. Hoping!

Exile20

I'm ready to beat some ass in bowling! None of my friends have ever beat me but that might be because I score 290-300 regularly.

It is online now. So you wouldn't have that title for too long.

Did some research but still not too sure so I'll ask; is this possible? I want to play Tennis and Bowling with a Wii U friend, online, as a team, against other online opponents. I believe this is possible via local multiplayer (two players on a Wii U against two other Wii U players online), but I would love to this this online as well. Hoping!

I would be surprised if that is not in. Instead of looking for 3 other player, choose this specific person as my partner and any two others.

zroid

Banned
does anyone know the size of the fike? does it change if I download one or two games?

I know Tennis + Bowling is 1.7GB. Not even sure you can download those separately, might be a package deal. I guess the other sports will increase the size, although depending on how the games are programmed, maybe not by much.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I know Tennis + Bowling is 1.7GB. Not even sure you can download those separately, might be a package deal. I guess the other sports will increase the size, although depending on how the games are programmed, maybe not by much.

thanks. so probably 1.7 for both, even f I purchase just tennis (don't want bowling)

They automatically download? How do I stop that, because I don't want to waste 1.7gb of bandwidth for games I don't want.

deactivate spotpass automatic updates (if you activated it with the last update)

Pachimari

We should have a list of GAF players who wanna play Wii Sports Club online.

I know I will want to play Wii Sports Bowling every single night.

We could make a list with everyone's GAF name, N ID and primary sports game. So mine would be:

- GAF: Anastacio | NID: ??? | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: Zeer0id | NID: zeeroid | Sport: Tennis
- GAF: maxcriden | NID: maxjen326 | Sport: Tennis
- GAF: thisisalan | NID: thisisalan | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: kingsnake | NID: kingsssnake | Sport: Tennis

Wow, somehow this has me legitimately excited for Wii Sports again — I guess it's been long enough. Just picked up the Mario and Luigi Wiimote Pluses to replace my Wiimote + Motion Plus nub setup. HD bowling, let's do this.

zroid

Banned
As I said before, I'm really excited to play Tennis again. Not sure about bowling yet.

NNID is "zeeroid"

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
That is big bucks knowing the original was a free game. I'll be buying it anyway. They need to make these half price at the beginning though.

zroid

Banned
That is big bucks knowing the original was a free game. I'll be buying it anyway. They need to make these half price at the beginning though.

It's pricey, for sure. I think at $10 it will convince people to purchase the one or two sports they like most, but not the others. When all five are released, there may well be a package deal of some sort. Like buy four, get the fifth free. Something to that effect.

maxcriden

We could make a list with everyone's GAF name, N ID and primary sports game. So mine would be:

- Next

Good idea!

For the first time, I ended up playing Wii Sports Resort last night. I was pretty impressed with how well motion plus adds to the experience. So Im pretty excited to try out tennis with motion+ in place.

I realized, baseball with motion+, it'll feel like you're actually swinging at a ball. What I mean by that, is, the pitcher can pick where to the throw the ball, and where you swing the bat, will depend on whether you hit the ball or not. If it is as good as I think it will be, this could take this game to next level that is needed to make it popular again.

Same thing goes for golf. Actually having to aim and hit the ball off the gamepad screen is going to add a really nice immersion to the game. It's more of another level of gameplay, than it is a gimmick.

I'm interested to see how well boxing turns out, with using two motion+ controllers.

We could make a list with everyone's GAF name, N ID and primary sports game.

NID: thisisalan | Sport: Bowling

Will also likely pick up tennis and others as they're released.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

- GAF: thisisalan | NID: thisisalan | Sport: Bowling

GAF: kingsnake | NID: kingsssnake | Sport: Tennis

Top Bottom