• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

so whats the story behind the OT title

You have to submit user created messages to be reviewed by miiverse mods to be able to use them in the game.

I think itd be neat, at least with tennis, where messages are prompted by hitting the dpad, that you can switch between different sets of messages. What i mean, is, there would be three messages set, and then the bottom dpad allows you to change to another set of three messages. This way, you can keep it fresh.

It really saddens me there isn't voice chat in this release. That's a huge missed opportunity in my opinion. I'll still buy every sport day one but still. At least enable voice support amongst people on your friends list.

Pachimari

Wait, it'll download to my Wii U system automatically without me having to enter the eShop?

Why is it doing that when it's an optional game like Wii Fit U?

Chrom

Wait, it'll download to my Wii U system automatically without me having to enter the eShop?

Why is it doing that when it's an optional game like Wii Fit U?

I think it's most likely that Nintendo really wants as many people to play it as possible. Wii Fit U isn't as accessible to try and throw onto people because you're required to have a board to even use the thing and it takes up a lot more space.

Pachimari

I think it's most likely that Nintendo really wants as many people to play it as possible. Wii Fit U isn't as accessible to try and throw onto people because you're required to have a board to even use the thing and it takes up a lot more space.
But do we have confirmations that it'll download automatically?

Because Wii Sports Club requires a Wii remote and somebody like me don't have those controllers yet either.

zroid

Banned

Because Wii Sports Club requires a Wii remote and somebody like me don't have those controllers yet either.

AFAIK if you have enabled SpotPass content delivery then it will be downloaded automatically, regardless of other factors (unless of course, there's not enough disk space). We were asked whether to enable it or not after the major system update a few weeks ago.

Chrom

As far as I know, it's supposed to download automatically if you have SpotPass enabled. You can turn that off in Download Management or the system settings, I think. If you don't want it to download for whatever reason, there ought to be a way to avoid it, and even if it does begin to download, there should be a way to cancel it.

The thing with remotes is that they're a lot more common than boards since they were the primary controller for the Wii and many Wii U software utilize them, so it's somewhat of a reasonable expectation that many people who'd download Wii Sports Club (whether voluntarily or not) would be able to play it right away. If you don't happen to have a remote and don't want your free trial to go to waste, then there's no reason to worry because the trial only activates once you start playing. I'm not sure if that was a concern of yours, but hopefully that tip helps.

Pachimari

Oh I'm real fine. I were just interested in what happens for those who don't want it.

I'm gonna pay up and buy it no matter what. Unfortunately I sold my Wii but I put 2 Wii remotes on the wish list.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I would be happy if my automatic download will start at midnight, because friday morning I leave to the seaside for the weekend and I'd like to try the game early morning before leaving

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You have to submit user created messages to be reviewed by miiverse mods to be able to use them in the game.

I think itd be neat, at least with tennis, where messages are prompted by hitting the dpad, that you can switch between different sets of messages. What i mean, is, there would be three messages set, and then the bottom dpad allows you to change to another set of three messages. This way, you can keep it fresh.

ahhh I see

Zing

Banned
Wii Sports was almost worth the purchase price of the Wii. It's stunning to see that some people may not play this.

Oh, I'm in for Tennis.

GAF: Pixel Warrior | NID: GlassPrisioner | Sport: Tennis

Added the folks with Tennis in this thread.

Shauni

So, am I understanding that you need Wii Motion Plus to play these? Welp, you have to have Wii Motion Plus for some of the Wii Fit U stuff, too. Guess it's time to finally upgrade my original Wiimote. Been a good run for it.

Robin64

So, am I understanding that you need Wii Motion Plus to play these? Welp, you have to have Wii Motion Plus for some of the Wii Fit U stuff, too. Guess it's time to finally upgrade my original Wiimote. Been a good run for it.

Get yourself a Wii Party U + Wiimote Plus pack. Wii Party U is practically free.

Chrom

The only games that ever get a midnight release on the eShop are the ones that Nintendo actually says they will. They always provide a message somewhere on the front page saying if a certain game will be available at midnight and I don't believe they've done this for Wii Sports Club.

I take it local multi is still included in this?

From the gameplay videos I've seen, local multiplayer is still included.

The only games that ever get a midnight release on the eShop are the ones that Nintendo actually says they will. They always provide a message somewhere on the front page saying if a certain game will be available at midnight and I don't believe they've done this for Wii Sports Club.

From the gameplay videos I've seen, local multiplayer is still included.

Awesome. I'm hoping you can do online with a local partner too.

BowieZ

Banned
But it's worth a check, right? I mean, it would make sense to offer a seamless midnight release since (a) some people have a less restrictive throttled download usage limit during overnight hours, and (b) it would be ideal to have the game available when people wake up the next day, and a good 7 or 8 hours would be sufficient for most people.

Rvaisse

NNID : romrom
Sports : Tennis + Bowling

I was hoping for a midnight release coz pushing the game at night would have been smart, guess i'll take the road to Victory Tomorrow ^^

Wii Fit U went up ~10am UK time last week so could be around the same time.

iFm4moC606Sk8.gif

Glass Joe

This is gonna be great. I hope Tennis isn't too laggy. Bowling shouldn't have that problem at all. Glad my go-to sports are the ones they're launching with.

Also, I hope they're considering doing more than the 5 core sports, but that the "lesser" activities from Resort wouldn't have to be $10 a pop.

HeySeuss

So the regional clubs that you can only pick one of, can one be a customized club? Like a GAF only club?

Because if that is possible I'd be down for a GAF club if there were enough of us.

Top Bottom