• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

Hype plummeted down to zero. Seriously. What on earth?!!
Unless this refers to With Anyone online play, meaning you can still play against worldwide players if you register them as friends. I recall this was the case with Mario Strikers Charged for Wii.

Pachimari

When do we expect it to go up? In like 7 hours?

And do you guys know if we can see the score table on the Gamepad while bowling with the Wii remotes?

I'm probably gonna go out and buy Wii Party U + Wii Remote Plus today as I'm getting my pay sooner than expected.

So how do we do the tournament? Can we do a bowling tournament at some point?

I'm so unexpectedly excited for this. Looking forward to getting home tomorrow and having it preloaded for me — finally a reason to have my Wii U's light turning orange every hour.

Rvaisse

It's up in the European Eshop !!
OMG only 40MB to download.. Must be the main hub... And then you download the games as DLC

Ok yeah there's another file coming with the initial package : 1160MB

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't delete me Zeer0id :O

It really sucks if it has a region lock on online play :(

Logic.

With a game like this, latency is a major factor, especially considering the amount of data being sent/received.

Having it across multiple regions could render the online mode unplayable.

Are you serious?

Wii sports bowling is like, the absolute perfect example of a game that wouldn't be affected by latency at all. So is golf for that matter.

edit: No wait, it's joe. You are serious, my god.

Metal B

Logic.

With a game like this, latency is a major factor, especially considering the amount of data being sent/received.

Having it across multiple regions could render the online mode unplayable.

We in Europa can play online against people in Australia. The other side of the world for us! I don't think latency is the issue here ...

JoeM86

Are you serious?

Wii sports bowling is like, the absolute perfect example of a game that wouldn't be affected by latency at all. So is golf for that matter.

edit: No wait, it's joe. You are serious, my god.

I was talking about Tennis.

Bowling, I agree. Tennis would be hurt by latency issues.

We in Europa can play online against people in Australia. The other side of the world for us! I don't think latency is the issue here ...

I was not aware. Nintendo is just crazy then.

Robin64

This is Nintendo.

They even seperated regions for Wii Fit U Communities. A freaking community! No online play even takes place!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what club Norway ends up in

Trollfjords Club, will have to see when I get home from work :)

Sendou

Region lock is a word I don't ever wish to see. Joe mentioned lag above but why can't I play against opponents from Japan and the US if I don't mind the lag? The solution would be simple: just have an option to limit your opponents to your continent for example if you're worried.

Also in Golf and Bowling the lag is not a factor at all.

I dont understand, what's the difference between playing someone from Missouri and someone from Tokyo, unless they showed you the flag it would be completely anonymous with no voice chat.

fabprems

Region lock is a word I don't ever wish to see. Joe mentioned lag above but why can't I play against opponents from Japan and the US if I don't mind the lag? The solution would be simple: just have an option to limit your opponents to your continent for example if you're worried.

I, for one, don't care about region locking as long as there's enough people in each region. Playing with US players in Grand Slam Tennis was always painful because the lag killed the game (sometimes when the opponent was serving, you would lose the point before you could even touch the ball).

Still, would have felt good to kick some gaffers' ass online ;)

Robin64

Typed up a list of the region clubs. Sorry if there are mistakes with spelling, but feel free to correct any. I also assumed that AUT meant Austria but I am not sure. (All the clubs begin with the native spelling such as ESP for Spain)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Australia Club

Austria - East Club, South Club, West Club

Belgium - Brussels Club, Flanders Club, Wallonia Club

Czech Republic Club

Denmark Club

Spain - Baleares Club, Canary Islands Club, Centre Club, East Club, North East Club, North West Club, South Club

Finland Club

France - Centre East Club, Centre West Club, Île-de-France Club, Mediterranean Club, North East Club, North West Club, Overseas Club, South East Club, South West Club

Germany - Baden-Württemberg Club, Bavaria Club, Berlin Club, Brandenburg Club, Bremen Club, Hamburg Club, Hesse Club, Lower Saxony Club, Mecklenburg-Westphalia Club, North Rhine-Westphalia Club, Rhineland-Palatinate Club, Saarland Club, Saxony Club, Saxon-Anhalt Club, Schleswig-Holstein Club, Thuringia Club

Greece Club

Hungary Club

Ireland Club

Italy - Centre Club, Islands Club, North East Club, North West Club, South Club

Luxembourg Club

Netherlands - East Club, North Club, South Club, West Club

New Zealand Club

Norway Club

Poland Club

Portugal - Madeira Club, Mainland Club

Romania Club

Russia Club

South Africa Club

Sweden - East Club, North Club, South Club

Switzerland Club

Turkey Club

UK - East Midlands Club, East of England Club, Greater London Club, North East Club, North West Club, Northern Ireland Club, Scotland Club, South East Club, South West Club, Wales Club, West Midlands Club, Yorkshire and Humber Club

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin64

zlCfzRLjMYYhS90uEZ

LOL, Saarland-club but no NRW-club. Nintendo really delivered.
I'll try this game in a couple of minutes but my hype is gone because of region-lock

hat_hair

So, about this free 24 hour trial.
Do we know if it starts from when the game is released, or does it start from when I boot the game up? Because I'm pretty busy for the next couple of weekends, and won't be able to take advantage of it straight away.

I guess I'll find out eventually either way.

Top Bottom