• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

Pachimari

Updated the list:

- GAF: Anastacio | NID: ??? | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: Zeer0id | NID: zeeroid | Sport: Tennis
- GAF: maxcriden | NID: maxjen326 | Sport: Tennis
- GAF: thisisalan | NID: thisisalan | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: kingsnake | NID: kingsssnake | Sport: Tennis
- GAF: HeySeuss | NID: HeySeuss | Sport: Tennis

Mind you guys, I won't be available until the end of December when I have some Wii Remotes.

Haines

Banned
But which one would be your primary?
I'm pretty sure most of us are gonna play many of the sports.

Are they not just releasing 2 sports to begin with? Is there any sort of ETA on further additions? Seems pre-mature to be posting about anything unreleased and w/o a release date.

Bullza2o

Is there a chance that the sports will go on sale? I think $10 is quite high, but I'm willing to pay for it because I think it would be fun for friends and family. I want to get both tennis and bowling but might have to buy only one when it launches.

NNID: BladeofAura

Zing

Banned
I'm ready to beat some ass in bowling! None of my friends have ever beat me but that might be because I score 290-300 regularly.
Is this in the original game? For whatever reason it was easy to score high. Sports Resort version was much more difficult.

I'll be getting both games for sure. I'll definitely be playing on day one.

Haines

Banned
Is there a chance that the sports will go on sale? I think $10 is quite high, but I'm willing to pay for it because I think it would be fun for friends and family. I want to get both tennis and bowling but might have to buy only one when it launches.

NNID: BladeofAura

I assume Nintendo will wait and see what people are willing to pay. They offer the 2 dollar model for those not wanting to spend 10 bucks.

They probably want to try and get everyone to pay 10 bucks a sport,a nd I dont blame them. Money is nice as a business.

We should have a list of GAF players who wanna play Wii Sports Club online.

I know I will want to play Wii Sports Bowling every single night.

We could make a list with everyone's GAF name, N ID and primary sports game. So mine would be:

NID: CrimsonCommie Sport: Bowling

Is this in the original game? For whatever reason it was easy to score high. Sports Resort version was much more difficult.

I'll be getting both games for sure. I'll definitely be playing on day one.

Oh yea it is in the original. I never played Resort didn't even know it had bowling!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
out of curiosity: does it support offtv? like: Playing with the remote looking only at the gamepad and not at the tv screen?

Chrom

I bought a $20 eShop card for this. Very excited to play online, tennis in particular. I was hoping I'd be able spend a little bit on something else small, but apparently with both sports there's not enough left over to buy anything else. I didn't think each one would cost $10, haha.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NNID: Plinko -- Bowling

Pachimari

- GAF: CrimsonCommie | NID: CrimsonCommie | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: Hobbestetrician | NID: RoscoeFats | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: Twenty7KVN | NID: Twenty7kvn | Sport: Tennis
- GAF: Plinko | NID: Plinko | Sport: Bowling
- GAF: kunonabi | NID: Dr.Butcher | Tennis

Updated.

Chrom

Can I buy the whole thing permanently?

You can buy each sport and everything they include (exhibition, online, training modes) for unlimited use for $10 each. Since there are only two sports at the moment, it's $20 if you want to buy the whole thing as it is now, but you'll still need to pay for any and all future sports as they become available if you want those as well.

Edit: Assuming you're using USD, haha. Other prices are in the OP.

I think it's pretty obvious there will be a full disc/digital release at some point, so it's down to whether you're willing to wait or not.

Iwata said:
I do not deny the possibility that “Wii Sports Club” may become packaged software in the future.

bumpkin

GAF: bumpkin
NID: DaveB1980
Sports: Tennis & Bowling

TBH, I had almost completely forgotten about this package. I guess I know what I'm doing Thursday night!

Terrell

So wait, this downloads automatically to Wii U if you have the setting on, which it prompts users to toggle when they do the latest system update?

MAN, this is gonna sell big time, you don't even need to hit the eShop to know it's there!

GAF: Terrell
NNID: maldaen
Sport: bowling

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Zeeroid, images in OP need to be updated! :)

NNID/GAF: Roboleon

Tennis
BYYvK8qIAAA277Y.png:large

javac

I'm down in whopping everyone's ass in a bit of bowling. I'll play tennis too in order to humour you all with my bat flailing.

GAF:javac
NNID:QaizAli
Sport:Both?

Top Bottom