• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akiba's Trip 2 Unofficial OT - Impression thread : No shirt, no shoes, no fanservice.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
1yerwTj.png

DT1XuVv.png

w5a7jcR.png

Bmf5aoq.png

HfykpkQ.png
A4MfSwv.png

8vNH2AA.png
VPMjGWJ.png

uypRbf2.png
nBzHQza.png

gdwhmuw.png
CgVlBNT.png

wlFtEqw.png
OQE1WvL.png

1yEdVL9.png
VWg6EQ1.png

bp39YGd.png
IsUqCKp.png

Oq5uSA7.png

XVJ03x4.png

MkEis4d.png

gztXFn7.png

AxLdRgr.png

z3mTUrT.png

XDN8NIe.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p3oyZpjYjk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuOoojciZGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBGbI0H39Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWyG_hs8LBs

The following 4 part gameplay footage can be considered to contain spoilers for those wanting to play fresh, but give a good idea of how the game plays. Watch at own discretion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-o72u2pU4#t=773 (Gameplay footage part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5daiSeLLsiQ (Gameplay footage part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vWLsiiMj-I (Gameplay footage part 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJltzSAc5CE (Gameplay footage part 4)

QMCyzBS.png

(Available for download now)
YwtYLP9.png
Jet6K8S.jpg

Tenkawa Taiyou from the manga Giga Tokyo Toy Box model + clothing set (Free)

nLs4hHt.png
6wxGdGI.png

M's mascot characters cosplay set Shimiya Potami & Shimiya Potaru (Free)

AQFV5HP.png
RrykpCQ.png
nP0nuNN.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5BuPC7TZf4
White Knight Armor & Weapon cosplay set from Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (Free)

YVWMG8s.png
qvaZk0y.jpg

Swimsuit for Shizuku (¥500)

Other DLC (Not available yet)
OafQ3IF.png
lRvorLu.png
bXmaEH9.png
RyjIAQR.png
ir14E7D.png

---

Currently have the PS Vita version of the title and its pretty well done. For those familiar with the first title will feel right at home in this one.

For those new to the series should find it enjoyable none the less as its fairly easy to get into. Though do suggest having some knowledge of Japanese for the various story choices in the game as they do matter. Plus the sub quests and whatnots Id imagine will be a pain otherwise. Or you can wait till FAQs are made and playthrough using one.

So far no major problems with the game itself. Loading times are slight but not huge, though there is some "loading" or waiting required when it comes to NPCs loading into the areas that your character is in upon first entering.

This game takes place in Akihabara and the developers have done an even better time with making it pretty close to the real location here in Tokyo. Even more so now that they seem to have a lot of cooperation with various stores to have their likenesses appear in game. One of the famous ones which am sure a lot of GAF members would recognize is the retro game store - Super Potato. Awesome too is the background image used for the shop when you enter it is an actual photo of the shop itself. There are other larger chain stores such as Sofmap that has the theme song playing when you are in the store menu window.

Unfortunately the various stores and such for the most part are not physical explorable locations but mainly are menu based with a background of the actual store itself or drawn image.

One of the largest questions Id imagine is why do we have to strip clothes off of people? The answer is generally in the games story you will be fighting "vampires" so removing their clothing exposes them to sunlight which is the only way to defeat them. Though you can rip clothes off of normal people too, but generally the police dont appreciate that :)

---

AR Card Printout has been released!

http://akbstrip.jp/special/ar/akb2ar.pdf

Parakeetman

Getting my copy in about a week. How are the bugs on the vita version?

So far I have not run into anything major. Had a partial floating model from when I defeated an enemy character, but that was just a single instance out of hundreds of fights already.

No crashes or freezes yet.

If anything major shows up Ill be sure to warn you guys here. Still need to update to the latest version too.

Am back to work on the unofficial OT now!

Parakeetman

Oh man, gotta get that Misshi hat

Are these paid or free DLC?

It should be free I do believe.

Am still sorta working on / off on the unofficial OT want to finish it though. Its mainly just the character profile info now. Then will go and add the impressions as can go back to playing lol

fek

I bought the vita version but it will take a while to arrive. Always wanted to play the first game.

Parakeetman

I bought the vita version but it will take a while to arrive. Always wanted to play the first game.

The first game was fantastic. I had originally wanted to pick up the re-release that added some more new stuff but unfortunately never got around to it.

Loved how when you replay the game you can pick a different character model.

There was all sorts of little things too with the game, seriously fun stuff since they designed it to be a "game" if you know what I mean. :)

what are the odds of a western release?

Dont think the first one was released in the US. Was XSEED? I think who had mentioned they were not planning on getting it. Not sure on if the 2nd one will come out.

---

Apologies to everyone with the graphics not being done yet. :(

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I saw a video of this on omniomega's channel, looks interesting but seems pretty text heavy. Dunno if it's very import friendly.

Parakeetman

I saw a video of this on omniomega's channel, looks interesting but seems pretty text heavy. Dunno if it's very import friendly.

Truthfully if you are unable to read Japanese it will be a little hard without an English FAQ for what the choices do. If not it will be a lot of fumbling around until one is made. The choices in the story will effect the course of the game / ending also.

The whole action part and what not isnt as bad, but yeah for getting through the game just as a fair warning not being able to read might effect ones enjoyment of the title I think.

At least this game for a lot of the major story bits there are directional cues on where to go also the map shows the locations of important areas. Visual cues can be turned on / off for the in game areas too which is cool.

Uhh, didn't know what this game was about, title sounded interesting.

So is it supposed to look like Akiba Strip?

Yep! Its made pretty well too including a lot of the familiar locations including a bunch of actual stores with their official names being used. Very cool stuff for those familiar with the area. :)

In some ways you could consider it like how the Way of the Samurai games are with its a bunch of connected areas, multiple choices in the story changing the events and ending, weapons / items effect attack animations, though its set in modern times / Akihabara. Thankfully your weapons dont break unlike the way of the samurai games or at least am pretty sure they dont.

Parakeetman

Double posting, but wanted to let folks interested in the game know that have added up a 4 part series showing full gameplay footage from a Japanese YT user. Its under the trailers section of the first post also have it in this post for those who dont want to hunt for it.

The following 4 part gameplay footage can be considered to contain spoilers for those wanting to play fresh, but give a good idea of how the game plays. Watch at own discretion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-o72u2pU4#t=773 (Gameplay footage part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5daiSeLLsiQ (Gameplay footage part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vWLsiiMj-I (Gameplay footage part 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJltzSAc5CE (Gameplay footage part 4)

Parakeetman

It's much better than I was expecting. Also runs quite well on the Vita.

The UI is super slick.

Glad to see you picked it up too! Am sure you will raise an eyebrow too when you see how hard they are pushing those MIND≒0 ads in game. I wonder how often the ads change. Since saw a Disgaea 4 add today while in game playing on the big screen at the UDX building. Im trying to remember where I saw the Sen no Kiseki ad. I think might have been on a different screen somewhere

Yeah i was real impressed with it and agreed runs FANTASTIC on the Vita. I dig the whole smartphone layout thing plus how easy it is to switch to the camera mode via directional pad since you wind up using it so much.
Acquire really did a great job with the game I must say. Im curious if the team behind this series really is the ones that do the Way of the Samurai games too?

Cant wait to try it out on the VitaTV once the support gets patched in. Wait or did it already? Gotta look at the patch notes on the HP again. Only glanced over it.

*need to finish the rest of the images here. D:

---

Just had an odd bug where in the fighting arena the whole warping bit so characters dont get stuck warped me outside the ring. Thankfully you can just exit the zone normally and come back and it will be unlocked again. But with this game in general its a good idea to save often just in case. No freezes or crashes yet though so far so good :D

Parakeetman

Seen a few more odd bugs here and there, but nothing that is game breaking yet at this time.

Game still runs great after long play sessions and have been grinding a bit to get myself more money to upgrade my clothing / weapons and exp to level.

That fighting arena is brutal though at Lv 36 I barely cleared the third level of it haha but got some weird weapons from doing it.

One odd thing I noticed is that between the normal and hard mode there does not seem to be much difference with the enemy AI since both of them defend a lot and dont exactly go on the offensive constantly. Had restarted the game in normal mode though since want to enjoy the game, not stress out.

Since Ive spent so much time just leveling am guessing ive only barely scratched the surface of the title and look forward to seeing what other crazy outfits / weapons there are left to find.

For leveling faster there are items that boost your exp gain which can be purchased. Though need to stay in the zone you used said powerup item in or the effects will vanish when you exit the area. Am unsure if there can be multiple effects at once. Have not tried that yet.

Power ups can give boosts to

Attack Power
Defense
Luck (for item drops from defeated enemies)
Exp gain for player
Do think there is one that boosts exp gain for the clothing type exp bar.

antibolo

Banned
I want to import this game but I'm torn between which version to get.

Pros for PS3 version:
- Potentially better graphics
- Can use DLC

Pros for Vita version:
- Portable
- Cheaper

Does anyone have any opinion on this? Which one would you recommend?

Parakeetman

I want to import this game but I'm torn between which version to get.

Pros for PS3 version:
- Potentially better graphics
- Can use DLC

Pros for Vita version:
- Portable
- Cheaper

Does anyone have any opinion on this? Which one would you recommend?

If its the DLC you want then yeah Id say you would have to go with the PS3 version if your Vita isnt set up for the JP region.

There also was the earlier reports of the PS3 versions having issues. Read some comments from Japanese sites that talked about freezing. Though apparently no one here at GAF yet has the PS3 version. So unfortunately we dont have any "real" impressions from one in the close community. D:

In regards to the Vita version, it is nice having it to play on the go since it really is more that type of game and no major issues yet such as freezes or crashes. Loading time isnt too bad either and controls well.

Though Ive had several odd other types of bugs dealing with sound, models, etc. Had music totally turn off once regardless of events done or zones entered but restarting / reloading the game fixed that.

Both versions already have a patch out.

TnK

I remember hearing good things about the first game, how good is it? Also, from a scale of poor to excellent, how good are these games in general?

Parakeetman

I remember hearing good things about the first game, how good is it? Also, from a scale of poor to excellent, how good are these games in general?

If you were going to pick up the first game Id suggest getting the re-released version that includes more content. Akiba's Trip Plus

Truthfully I think I like the previous version a little more currently. Though this one by no means is bad, it just seems to be designed a little different when it comes to the events / content.

The previous game was enjoyable if you enjoy well games over graphics for example. While not perfect it was an great title for what it offered. Am actually considering picking up a digital copy to have on my Vita.

those character models standing look really awkward

Its not a high budget game so cant go into it expecting same production values as titles from the west. There are odd animations that the characters have too in game. Anyways instead of looking at the pictures click on the YT video links provided to get a better idea of how it looks in motion

Torraz

Thanks for the impressions thread. Still deciding on whether to go for the VITA version (non Japanese mode), or PS 3.

Still have enough time, I think I'll order it together with Drakengard 3.

Parakeetman

Thanks for the impressions thread. Still deciding on whether to go for the VITA version (non Japanese mode), or PS 3.

Still have enough time, I think I'll order it together with Drakengard 3.

Yeah by then too you will be able to see how much DLC comes out also. Plus "if" they go an announce an Akiba's Trip 2 Plus lol

Hopefully by then other GAF members will have the PS3 version and can give their impressions. Right now unfortunately WAAAAAAAAY too much stuff coming out at once to double dip to help you folks out. With the PSV TV / God Eater 2 PSV bundle / PS4 etc. D:

Im seriously considering making a twitter account to ask Good ol Mr. Yoshida about if Sony ever plans on a firmware update for the Vita that allows for multiple accounts on the system. Esp with how they are pushing the Vita so hard with the PS4.

Ken

Its not a high budget game so cant go into it expecting same production values as titles from the west. There are odd animations that the characters have too in game. Anyways instead of looking at the pictures click on the YT video links provided to get a better idea of how it looks in motion

i don't think it's that big of a budget increase to make a character model have her hips swayed slightly to a side to create a more interesting standing animation but it's really no big deal i guess

Parakeetman

i don't think it's that big of a budget increase to make a character model have her hips swayed slightly to a side to create a more interesting standing animation but it's really no big deal i guess

If you worry about stuff like that truthfully Id suggest steering clear of this game.

Torraz

Yeah by then too you will be able to see how much DLC comes out also. Plus "if" they go an announce an Akiba's Trip 2 Plus lol

Hopefully by then other GAF members will have the PS3 version and can give their impressions. Right now unfortunately WAAAAAAAAY too much stuff coming out at once to double dip to help you folks out. With the PSV TV / God Eater 2 PSV bundle / PS4 etc. D:

Im seriously considering making a twitter account to ask Good ol Mr. Yoshida about if Sony ever plans on a firmware update for the Vita that allows for multiple accounts on the system. Esp with how they are pushing the Vita so hard with the PS4.

Any news on a patch for the PS 3 version?

Parakeetman

hey man

i don't settle for waifus with stiff standing animation :p

You should see Kati's idle animation. It would make you wish she was standing stiff haha. Seriously, out of all the characters in the game her idle animation is the most wtf. Its like shes doing partial squats in place... D:

BadRNG

I find it difficult to put a proper rating on the first, it had a ton of flaws but despite them it was an absolute blast to play and a pretty unique experience that I enjoyed immensely. Basically it was what I expect from Acquire games.

I got the plus version during a PSN sale on it a few months ago, but even at it's current price (3k yen or something I think?) it's definitely worth it.

Though Ive had several odd other types of bugs dealing with sound, models, etc. Had music totally turn off once regardless of events done or zones entered but restarting / reloading the game fixed that.
Did this happen after putting your vita in standby and coming back? I remember the original game had a similar bug I ran into a few times.

My game has just left Japan this morning finally, so hopefully I'll have it before the end of the week. I have a few questions though if you don't mind:

1. Has combat improved much? Particularly when fighting multiple enemies at once. First game could get pretty crazy sometimes, especially in narrow areas like downtown streets during one of the wave of enemies missions.
2. Is the story still fairly linear up until the final few sections? Or have they taken a more WotS approach and added earlier branching?
3. Is the humor still fairly maintained? The marketing for the first seems similar to this, with some focus on sex appeal/fanservice, but the actual game was pretty tongue-in-cheek and treated as the absurdity it is. Especially in some of the dialogue choices for the MC.

Parakeetman

I find it difficult to put a proper rating on the first, it had a ton of flaws but despite them it was an absolute blast to play and a pretty unique experience that I enjoyed immensely. Basically it was what I expect from Acquire games.

I got the plus version during a PSN sale on it a few months ago, but even at it's current price (3k yen or something I think?) it's definitely worth it.

Did this happen after putting your vita in standby and coming back? I remember the original game had a similar bug I ran into a few times.

My game has just left Japan this morning finally, so hopefully I'll have it before the end of the week. I have a few questions though if you don't mind:

1. Has combat improved much? Particularly when fighting multiple enemies at once. First game could get pretty crazy sometimes, especially in narrow areas like downtown streets during one of the wave of enemies missions.
2. Is the story still fairly linear up until the final few sections? Or have they taken a more WotS approach and added earlier branching?
3. Is the humor still fairly maintained? The marketing for the first seems similar to this, with some focus on sex appeal/fanservice, but the actual game was pretty tongue-in-cheek and treated as the absurdity it is. Especially in some of the dialogue choices for the MC.

1: The combat is basically the same. For some reason the enemies dont seem to attack as much when fighting them at times. Didnt seem to matter in hard mode too. Though in the arena they will kick your ass good lol. They also are in the defensive stance a lot which leads to a lot of missed attacks unless you wait in the defensive stance also then counter attack. Or try to grab them just to get em out of the defensive animation, then try to attack right after.

In large crowds its still quite a mess really. So its the usual of damage everyones clothing then combo the stripping action together. Gives you more exp that way too.

2: The story does have multiple choices in the conversation, some which are hilarious that Im guessing will effect things with the branching. Since its still a first play through am not sure what the other branches are yet. One of the more hilarious ones is
that you can end the game by making the ridiculous choices for the dialog in the opening scene.

3: The humor is still there and am progressing through the story as mentioned in number 2, there are some choices which are quite amusing. Reading the pseudo twitter which is called "pottsuri" has some funny dialog in the posts also. Will see how it goes as I continue through the game.

---

The music bug thing happened at random while playing. Was right after an event so that must have been the trigger when switching back to the standard part of the game itself.

BadRNG

Parakeetman

Looks like GAF messing up today has effected you too seeing double here haha.

One other thing is mentioned it earlier was that the game when it thinks you might go and glitch into something it actually teleports you away from it into an open area which can be a little odd. So just be ready for that as it can happen often if you are constantly fighting in cramped or odd locations.

At times too the friendly NPCs will get over zealous with their attacking so you need to reel them back at times with the break off from combat command with the right directional pad. It just basically stops them from fighting. The reason being is apparently NPCs hostile / friendly can go into spaces that the player cant on occasion and continue fighting in them. When that happens usually just move away from that particular space and command your ally to stop fighting, then they should head towards you leading the enemy NPC out with them. So far its just a few locations like that and kinda rare to occur.

hongcha

Just started on this one (Vita version), and I'm enjoying it very much! I never played the first one. Graphics, music, etc are all top notch. Only played a few hours though.

Parakeetman

Just started on this one, and I'm enjoying it very much! I never played the first one. Graphics, music, etc are all top notch. Only played a few hours though.

Glad to hear it! Its cool too seeing all the stores. I still go into the softmap a lot just to hear the theme song lol.

Its too bad that theres no official convenience stores in the game since would have been funny to hear the family mart music. Then again its not like there are that many in akiba to begin with around the main areas. D:

I saw that the huge yodobashi is also in the game I think. So look forward to opening that up.

On my save am still leveling up around lv 40 now, since want to get further in the battle arena thing, but I barely won at lv 36. D: The opponents who come out have some interesting weapons thats why. :D

antibolo

Banned
Though apparently no one here at GAF yet has the PS3 version. So unfortunately we dont have any "real" impressions from one in the close community. D:

I like how the Vita is supposedly this huge flop that nobody buys in the West, and yet whenever a game releases on both PS3 and Vita it always seems like an overwhelming majority of the NeoGAF community owns it on Vita.

Parakeetman

I like how the Vita is supposedly this huge flop that nobody buys in the West, and yet whenever a game releases on both PS3 and Vita it always seems like an overwhelming majority of the NeoGAF community owns it on Vita.

I really do think the Vita would be doing better in the west if folks and the media keep shitting on it for the most part. Since its a great little system and has a solid OS just needs more developer support. Killzone Mercenaries showed off just how nice games can be graphically if some effort is put into games for it.

Hopefully with the PS4 and pushing remote play will get more Vita sales therefore driving more devs to develop for it and the media "might" finally stop shitting on it every time they have the chance.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Had it since it came out on PS3. I'm working on the last two endings that I need right now. Might've been lucky, but have had no glitches or anything. (Or just haven't noticed.) Have had the teleporting thing mentioned, but assumed it was normal. I'm really enjoying it.

Also, I know some people might not like her route, but I really enjoyed Shion's route. Best girl, best ending, best everything.

Oh yeah, Otaku mode is pure BS. Haven't been that angry at a game in a long time. Glad I never have to touch that mode again.

Parakeetman

Had it since it came out on PS3. I'm working on the last two endings that I need right now. Might've been lucky, but have had no glitches or anything. (Or just haven't noticed.) Have had the teleporting thing mentioned, but assumed it was normal. I'm really enjoying it.

Also, I know some people might not like her route, but I really enjoyed Shion's route. Best girl, best ending, best everything.

Oh yeah, Otaku mode is pure BS. Haven't been that angry at a game in a long time. Glad I never have to touch that mode again.

Yeah the teleporting thing is most def a feature to prevent characters from getting stuck. Its just odd looking when it happens.

Im glad that this game kept the multiple endings for replay value.

Still need to advance more since GE2 has been taking up my free time D:

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah the teleporting thing is most def a feature to prevent characters from getting stuck. Its just odd looking when it happens.

Im glad that this game kept the multiple endings for replay value.

Still need to advance more since GE2 has been taking up my free time D:

I'm sure GE2 will take up all of my free time too when I get it lol. That's why I'm making sure that I get these last two endings before it arrives.

Parakeetman

I'm sure GE2 will take up all of my free time too when I get it lol. That's why I'm making sure that I get these last two endings before it arrives.

Those custom strip animations which you can get are cool, but I keep going back to the default one just because they take too long lol

fek

I got the game yesterday, tried to go with funny choices and proceeded to get a bad end in like 5 minutes. Well, I've played some of the Way of the Samurai games and this being Acquire too, I should have expected something like that.
Anyway, I was surprised play-asia sent the booklet and drama cd too. I thought they only sent this kind of bonus when it's written on the product page.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I got the game yesterday, tried to go with funny choices and proceeded to get a bad end in like 5 minutes. Well, I've played some of the Way of the Samurai games and this being Acquire too, I should have expected something like that.
Anyway, I was surprised play-asia sent the booklet and drama cd too. I thought they only sent this kind of bonus when it's written on the product page.
Have barely put any time into this thanks to GE2 but I'm also trying a playthrough with all the otaku/pervy choices. After the initial joke bad ending I wonder if it'll actually provide a legitimate path through the end of the story, because it seems like the most fun way to play the game.

Top Bottom