• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most memorable game(s) this generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This generation is coming to a close for the most part, and I'm just wondering what is everyone's most memorable game.

Now I'm not asking what your favorite game is or what the best game is. Understandably, all of those oftentimes do go hand in hand, so I can understand if your favorite is also your most memorable and what you would consider the best game this gen.

There's a few that really really stuck with me long after I finished them and I doubt that I will forget them anytime in the near future.

Asura's Wrath - The game was just so fucking over the top and unique. So many cutscenes that I will never forget. This entire sequence was just wtf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ACvQpdmnQ

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - CyberConnect2 strikes again. I'm not a Naruto fan whatsoever, and I know almost nothing about it outside of maybe the first 70 episodes, but goddamn if there wasn't some crazy production values in this game and it was so impressive that it almost made me want to start watching Naruto again.
The fight with Sasuke was just so amazing....well the cutscene I should say. The music, the action, just everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLkDzgetfYo (the scene in the spoiler)

LA Noire - Not a big fan of the game, but that tech was incredible. All the questioning, going through all the crime scenes and whatnot. It was just quite the experience.....just not an experience I want to ever go through again, but definitely something that still sticks out.

Uncharted 2 and 3 - Those setpieces still make me say holy shit.

Catherine - I had absolutely no interest in this game prior to playing the demo and once I played it I immediately preordered it. Such a unique game. If you haven't played it then you need to check it out.

I have yet to play Journey, but that might make the list in the future. An honorable mention goes to XCOM for just how stressful it was at times and it constantly had me thinking which one of my friends I was going to lose in the next battle. Demons Souls gets a mention too.

So what about you Gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom