• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Club - The Voting Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
ibsnYazbQKqLzy.png

This is how it works:

We'll decide on a comic to read by voting between 3 selections (please PM me to get your nomination in!). Everyone will have some time to put their votes in, then we'll read and discuss our chosen comic together!

Here are the current nominees

The Walking Dead (Volume 1)

The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled: no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, the survivors are forced to finally start living.

Hitman (Volume 1)

On the back streets of Gotham City, ex-military operative Tommy Monaghan has set himself up as a hired gun. Surrounded by an odd assortment of friends and allies, the Hitman with a heart must deal with personal conflicts over honor and morals as he makes a living with a gun. But even with the telepathic ability to read his targets' minds, he still finds himself well over his head when he runs into some of Gotham's most notorious citizens such as the Demon, the Joker, and the Dark Knight himself, the Batman.

Plus, a vindictive mob boss from his past puts a contract out on Tommy. With his friends caught in the crossfire, he must find a way to take out the hired assassin and exact retribution against the mafia head. But even with his extrarodinary powers, the Hitman may find that a trained killer and a mob army is just too much for one man.

Radioactive Man: Radioactive Repository (Volume 1)

Up and atom! Bart Simpson’s favorite comic hero, Radioactive Man, is here to save the day for superhero comics fans both old and new. From Simpsons and Futurama creator Matt Groening comes Radioactive Repository Volume One, at long last giving the Atomic Avenger from the Platinum Age of Comics the showcase he so richly deserves.

Please post your vote in this thread in bold and I'll count up and decide the winner on Sunday(Dec. 8th) at 12pm PST and we can start reading!

If anybody has any suggestions for improvements, please post them here or PM me and we can work on making this even better.

...we all just read and discuss comics - all comics - together like a big happy family <3

Previous series

Portugeezer

Haven't read a comic in years... do they do digital versions of those? (legit copies, not scans)

Also, Hitman because I'm judging it by its cover.

Cheska

Since I don't see it's already been mentioned, what about Y: the Last Man or Runaways, both by Brian K. Vaughan? It would give me an excuse to finally start these series haha.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've read TWD ages back when it was first out in singles, but I haven't read the others. Hitman looks good, I'll go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom