• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Comic Book Club - Issue #4 - MIND MGMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
ibsnYazbQKqLzy.png

Welcome to Issue #4 of NeoGAF's very own Comic Book Club!

This time we'll be reading MIND MGMT, Volume 1!

The Book

Matt Kindt, the most original voice in genre comics, outdoes himself in this bold new espionage series! Reporting on a commercial flight where everyone aboard lost their memories, a young journalist stumbles onto a much bigger story - the top-secret Mind Management program. Her ensuing journey involves weaponized psychics, hypnotic advertising, talking dolphins, and seemingly immortal pursuers, as she attempts to find the flight's missing passenger, the man who was MIND MGMT's greatest success - and its most devastating failure. But in a world where people can rewrite reality itself, can she trust anything she sees?

Purchase

Amazon(US)
Amazon(UK)

The Rules

SPOILERS DO NOT NEED TO BE TAGGED FOR THIS VOLUME.

We're set to read and discuss this book from now until the 17th of November. Obviously the thread won't suddenly disappear after that, so if you want to carry on talking about the book beyond Nov. 27th, feel free - but we'll be moving onto the next comic on that date!

Other than that - we've got 3 weeks to dive in and enjoy this, so let's get cracking!

Happy reading!

Tizoc

Wow where is everybody? I just recently decise to search for this to see what book won the vote. Will aim to read it within the next week~

I borrowed the first two issues from a friend of mine while my 1st volume was being shipped.
With its compelling watercolour art and awesome world building, it turned out to be an irresistible read. I have ordered the 2nd volume and can't wait for it to arrive.

I loved all the different agents' short stories. Also read all the margin notes, they are pretty cool. Also check out the hidden message in the name of the letter column.

Tizoc

Finished book 1 some days ago, and ended up liking it, glad he resolved the mystery within the span of the first story, although it then became something else entirely.
While I get why he did it, it was still a dickish move and something he never should've done, I don't think anything can absolve him of what he did to those people

Will try to give book 2 a read later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom