• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lostprophets Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years in Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronen

On November 27, the day after he admitted he was a paedophile, he said of the court hearing: "It was, like, either me go up there and say 'Come on, it wasn't that bad, nobody got hurt', I do my charm. Or do I end up making things worse for myself? Or do I just say I was off my head and can't remember?"

Discussing his possible sentence, he added: "I'm going to put a statement on [December] 18th now just to say it was megalolz, I don't know what everyone is getting so freaked out about."

Link

There is something seriously mentally wrong with this man. I hope he can get the help he needs in prison. If not at least he will be off the streets.

Paedophiles and celebrities are known to be well treated in prison by inmates.

I hope he enjoys those 35 years.

Was that the maximum possible sentance out of interest?

Karak

What a bullshit sentence. He created a pedo team for christ sakes! Getting others to help him in his evil. Cut the head off the snake.

"including the attempted rape of a baby."

I don't think I've ever read a sentence that made me as angry as this one.
"I'm going to put a statement on [December] 18th now just to say it was megalolz, I don't know what everyone is getting so freaked out about."

Mother fucker.

Bo-Locks

Earlier on Wednesday, the court was told that during the calls made while Watkins was at Parc Prison in Bridgend, he denied being a paedophile and told the caller he only pleaded guilty to avoid a trial.

In the phone call he said: "It was mega lolz. I don't know what everyone is getting freaked out about."

Have fun getting raped and beaten in prison for the next three and a half decades whilst on suicide watch. There's not going to be anywhere for him to hide.

Related news: he has still earned $160,000 since being arrested. So at the end of his sentence, he'll be retiring pretty well.

Former Lostprophets singer and convicted pedophile Ian Watkins is reportedly set to receive about £100,000 ($163,000) in royalties for Lostprophets music broadcasted since his arrest last year.

As Wales Online reports, music lawyer Craig Brookes explained that the singer will get "a big cut" for being the band's primary lyricist. "The biggest income stream will almost certainly be publishing which, even if radio play has stopped, will still be pretty big," Brookes said. "This is because PRS (Performing Right Society) and their equivalents in different countries allocate money on a spot-check basis. So you're going to get money for plays in gyms and hairdressers and on juke boxes and all that stuff.

Reaching the specific income sum, Brookes added: "It could be over £100,000 easily. It could be less, but there will be another spike when he gets sentenced, in terms of money generated - because of clips when the story breaks, then there will be a spike in online activity. And there are going to be PRS payments because the music is out there."

Link.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
"I'm not a paedophile, I'm not. You know I plead (sic) guilty just to avoid a trial, not realising 'Hang on, that makes me look a bit guilty' but I would never harm anybody."
jackiechanmymindisfulloffuck.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
fucking hell man this story :(

also, looking at the photos of the guy, he alternates between looking really young, really messed up and really different all the time. In all of them, none of the photos really have a
'fuck yeah he looks like a massive baby raper' vibe to them, which I find really disturbing.

fucking idiot could have had it all, instead he decided to give crack to a baby and try to have sex with it. Die in a god damned fire you stupid cunt.
As for his 'megalolz' maybe he shouldn't have had a password on his computer that was "Ifuckkids"

it's kind of incriminating.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Good point.

Seems like there could be further charges as there are still ongoing investigations. Extremely unlikely he will ever make it out of prison.

great news as well that the 2 mothers are getting a shit long time in jail. they'll be out before they are 40 both of em though, so hopefully a lightning strike on release day, or at least poverty and a drug problem for both those stupid bitches after release.

Bring back Public Hanging.

UGchB.gif

Daffy Duck

Reading the sentencing notes....

He sounds like a vile human being, and I hope he burns in hell, hopefully his time in prison is worse than hell itself.

daman824

So do prisoners actually try to kill people like him? I've always heard stories but never heard about it actually happening.

NekoFever

So do prisoners actually try to kill people like him? I've always heard stories but never heard about it actually happening.

They certainly get beaten and usually end up in isolation for their own protection. I can't say if killing them is an exaggeration.

njean777

He is a celebrity he more then likely will not be thrown into general population at all. He may even go to one of those comfy prisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom