• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I dropped the wii u, it stopped reading discs

EhoaVash

I found this really scary. Well I wanted to move the wii u to the living room to play on the big tv, which I normally do on the weekends, this time I accidentally drop it ( on carpet ) from like one feet above while trying to move it. Nothing is wrong with it, looks fine so I plug it back in, and put in assassins creed 4 and the thing won't read the disc. I was playing it earlier this morning too, the disc is also perfectly clean. So I take out AC4, put in 3D world and the disc won't read, I'm like fuck fuck what do I do. the thing is clean etc but keeps saying disc error no matter what disc i put in. :(

so 5 minutes later, I retrace my step ..and drop the console again from on efeet but this time backwards cause I thought maybe something moved inside when I first dropped it. and bam the disc reads again

This console is fragile as FUCK.

Septimus

so 5 minutes later, I retrace my step ..and drop the console again from on efeet but this time backwards cause I thought maybe something moved inside when I first dropped it. and bam the disc reads again

You really thought this would help? lol lucky you

Mr-Joker

Banned
So you "fixed" your problem by dropping the Wii U, that's pretty stupid way of "fixing" it. Why didn't you just call Nintendo to get it repaired?

Linkyn

I literally stepped onto my Wii U after falling off the windowsill in my bedroom once and nothing happened. Guess you just got really unlucky (or maybe lucky, since you seem to have fixed the issue).

I had a good laugh. Glad it worked out for you OP. Hopefully it won't be a issue going forward.

Hopefully you won't need to drop your WiiU from a height of 1 foot on a regular basis.

I found this really scary. Well I wanted to move the wii u to the living room to play on the big tv, which I normally do on the weekends, this time I accidentally drop it ( on carpet ) from like one feet above while trying to move it. Nothing is wrong with it, looks fine so I plug it back in, and put in assassins creed 4 and the thing won't read the disc. I was playing it earlier this morning too, the disc is also perfectly clean. So I take out AC4, put in 3D world and the disc won't read, I'm like fuck fuck what do I do. the thing is clean etc but keeps saying disc error no matter what disc i put in. :(

I.. uh..

That's not how it works.

no you usually dont drop consoles
inbeforewhatwillhappenwhenNintendodropsit

didnt Nintendo support NES until recently.

even if they drop the WiiU they will still accept repairs for it.

SuperSah

Banned
That's really cool!

Infact, if I drop my Wii, maybe I can get my disks to read again. I think something's lodged in it.

Alpha_eX

I remember accidentally kicking my Mega Drive / Genesis while playing Sonic 3 and getting to the level select screen.

Terra

wii-u-fucking-aliens-thumb.jpg

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member

That's... what?

And it worked?

That's actually wonderful.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
OP drops console and it stops reading disk.
Solution? Drop it from same place, but backwards.
WiiU saved!

Vlade

Nintendo should just release games on phones. I drop my phone all the time and it is still perfect. That or all my drops are just canceling each other out.

Daffy Duck

I remember accidentally kicking my Mega Drive / Genesis while playing Sonic 3 and getting to the level select screen.

Reminds of a time when I was about 8 (many years ago) my friend had slept over at my house and we had his mega drive set up on my tv and the cables went passed my bed, on my way to the toilet I caught the wire and made the console with sonic 1 playing come crashing cartridge first on the floor, the graphics went all weird, like sprites all over the screen/sky and the sky was green, a quick reboot and it was fine.

KaOTiK

Banned
I remember like 8 years ago someone put a video up of dragging a Gamecube from behind a car and it flying all over the place and then they went inside plugged it in and it worked haha

Baleoce

Nintendo should just release games on phones. I drop my phone all the time and it is still perfect. That or all my drops are just canceling each other out.

You must be dropping it an even amount forwards and backwards. It's the only plausible explanation.

Arttemis

I totaled my car once. Was really scared that it would be ruined so I retraced my steps five minutes later and drove into the wall again at the Sam espeed but in reverse and now it's fine.

These cars are fragile as fuck!

Top Bottom