• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
ibapQcTtGL1jLg.jpg

―Ξ OT0 | OT1 | OT2 | OT3 | OT4 | OT5 | OT6 | OT7 | OT8 | OT9 ||Ξ―​

What is GAF-Hop, really? We started out as a place to discuss Hip Hop music. Things have changed so much since 2009. We all had expectations, and predictions, and opinions. How many of those came true, or never came to pass? How much have we changed, as consumers and creators of music? I don’t really think many of us can say that this community hasn’t had an impact on the way we think about this music, at least the people who have been here for a long time. How much good shit have we been put on to in GAF-Hop? Not just music, but ideas? Suggestions for the way we spend our money and live our lives? How many of us have become friends, either through the internet or through real life encounters? How many photoshops? How many off the wall drug and sex stories? How many incredible plug.dj or turntable sessions? How many absurd arguments? How many Kanye cycles? How many times have we discussed the merits of analingus? How many random stanleys jumping out of the woodwork to tell us we were all a bunch of annoying assholes? And how many times were they right? After a while, it all blends together. The point is, we have a lot of great shared memories. Some of us have worked together on various projects like music or the podcast or OT’s. We have sold and bought things from each other. We follow each others shenanigans on social media. We are all different people coming from disparate racial, economic, cultural, and geographic backgrounds. What unites us is not just our friendship, but a common love of one of the most diverse, constantly innovating, multipurpose forms of music the earth has ever seen. A good friend once told me that a hip hop beat is a moment frozen in time, and the lyrics are the story of that moment. GAF-Hop is our search for the best of those moments. May there be 10 more GAF-Hop topics.

One Love.

ibye1zYunfszGk.jpg

If you are new to GAF HOP and would like to post more, feel free to let us know a little bit about yourself with our classic initiation:

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep -
• Favorite Artist -
• Best feature killer -
• Favourite producer -
• Favourite album -
• What's in your playlist right now? -

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums:
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member?
• Jay Z or Nas?
• Biggie or Pac?
• What’s your dream album/project?
• Who is the next big rapper/producer?
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee?
• Have you been known to eat ass?

ibuNCeiKChVzUK.jpg

i9hOUu47Hbv40.gif

IrishNinja

HALL OF SHAME

Esch 1,692
enzo_gt 1,070
CountBlackule 833
HiResDes 812
overcast 719
wenis 710
peterb0y 684
PhoenixDark 658
Tokubetsu 656
Blackace 552
codhand 510
DominoKid 480
IrishNinja 476
boutdown 475
CRS 447
Cheddahz 398
MuddyDonut 355
Tguy 344
mooooose 341
WanderingWind 309

esh don't sleep
ps hahaha boutdown...take that, take that

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Didn't know I posted that much.... shiiiiiiiiitttttt

guess I got a new goal this year.

gunnin' for ya overcast.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice title. The 10 2 10 thing was clever, but that reference will get old long before this thread hits it's limit. I probably only had a few dozen posts in the last thread, but I read pretty much every page. Lurkin like a motherfucker.

PBY

Banned
Nice title. The 10 2 10 thing was clever, but that reference will get old long before this thread hits it's limit. I probably only had a few dozen posts in the last thread, but I read pretty much every page. Lurkin like a motherfucker.

Finally Famous is FOREVER

Esch

Banned
I like how it takes me 2 seconds to get past the OP

minimalism
etcgN.png

More Alchemist, less Kanye. OT's have been getting annoying to navigate and hard for new people to get into for a while now. Time to cut out some of the irony, cut down on some of the inside jokes, and spread our wings yall. This is about rebirth, friends. I can always add more, but I like it pruned and essential as is.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
By the way, I hope this thread doesn't get bumped back to community right away. Why not let new iterations of community threads hang around for like a month or so, so that they can have a little more exposure to all the peeps that don't hang around the community section? Seems like it would be a good compromise.

wenis

please smoke hella dank bud while you listen to that new spitta, please.

wenis

wait do we still gotta care about this, i mean those dudes aren't even in here yet

im keepin' that seat warm, we gunna eat next week off some Q hype
then starve when there is no TDE shit for another 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom