• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

To the wicked classiest man to evah live. Numbah Two. Derek Jeter, Numbah Two.

w8Odl57.jpg

Kickstarter to rent the Popemobile coming soon.

OPENING DAY SCHEDULE

Atlanta Braves: @ Milwaukee Brewers, Monday, March 31, 2:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. New York Mets, Tuesday, April 8, 7:10 p.m.

Arizona Diamondbacks: vs. Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, Australia, Saturday, March 31, 3:00 a.m. | Home opener: vs. San Francisco Giants, Monday, March 31, 9:40 p.m.

Baltimore Orioles: vs. Boston Red Sox, Monday, March 31, 3:05 p.m.

Boston Red Sox: @ Baltimore Orioles, Monday, March 31, 3:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Friday, April 4, 2:05 p.m.

Chicago Cubs: @ Pittsburgh Pirates, Monday, March 31, 1:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Friday, April 4, 2:20 p.m.

Chicago White Sox: vs. Minnesota Twins, Monday, March 31, 4:10 p.m.

Cincinnati Reds: vs. St. Louis Cardinals, Monday, March 31, 4:10 p.m.

Cleveland Indians: @ Oakland Athletics, Monday, March 31, 10:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Minnesota Twins, Friday, April 4, 3:05 p.m.

Colorado Rockies: @ Miami Marlins, Monday, March 31, 7:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, Friday, April 4, 4:10 p.m.

Detroit Tigers: vs. Kansas City Royals, Monday, March 31, 1:08 p.m.

Houston Astros: vs. New York Yankees, Tuesday, April 1, 7:10 p.m.

Kansas City Royals: @ Detroit Tigers, Monday, March 31, 1:08 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Chicago White Sox, Friday, April 4, 4:10 p.m.

Los Angeles Angels: vs. Seattle Mariners, Monday, March 31, 10:05 p.m.

Los Angeles Dodgers: @ Arizona Diamondbacks in Sydney, Australia, Saturday, March 22, 3:00 a.m. | Home opener: vs. San Francisco Giants, Friday, April 4, 4:10 p.m.

Miami Marlins: vs. Colorado Rockies, Monday, March 31, 7:10 p.m.

Milwaukee Brewers: vs. Atlanta Braves, Monday, March 31, 2:10 p.m.

Minnesota Twins: @ Chicago White Sox, Monday, March 31, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Oakland Athletics, Monday, April 7, 4:10 p.m.

New York Mets: vs. Washington Nationals, Monday, March 31, 1:10 p.m.

New York Yankees: @ Houston Astros, Tuesday, April 1, 7:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Baltimore Orioles, Monday, April 7, 1:05 p.m.

Oakland Athletics: vs. Cleveland Indians, Monday, March 31, 10:05 p.m.

Philadelphia Phillies: @ Texas Rangers, Monday, March 31, 2:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Monday, April 7, 3:05 p.m.

Pittsburgh Pirates: vs. Chicago Cubs, Monday, March 31, 1:05 p.m.

San Diego Padres: vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, Sunday, March 30, 8:05 p.m.

San Francisco Giants: @ Arizona Diamondacks, Monday, March 31, 9:40 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, Tuesday, April 8, 4:35 p.m.

Seattle Mariners: @ Los Angeles Angels, Monday, March 31, 10:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Houston Astros, Monday, April 8, 10:10 p.m.

St. Louis Cardinals: @ Cincinnati Reds, Monday, March 31, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Cincinnati Reds, Monday, April 7, 4:15 p.m.

Tampa Bay Rays: vs. Toronto Blue Jays, Monday, March 31, 4:10 p.m.

Texas Rangers: vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Monday March 31, 2:05 p.m.

Toronto Blue Jays: @ Tampa Bay Rays, Monday, March 31, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. New York Yankees, Friday, April 4, 7:07 p.m.

Washington Nationals: @ New York Mets, Monday, March 31, 1:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Atlanta Braves, Friday, April 4, 1:05 p.m.

IRC SERVER

IRC SERVER (You can choose either one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

Mibbit Link: http://mibbit.com/?channel=#mlb-ag...rc.wiicafe.com

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
My mustard is ready.

Can I just go ahead and call the Reds now for any league that might go on.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
NL

East
Braves 95-67*
Nats 91-71#
Marlins 75-87
Mets 73-89
Phillies 68-94

Central
Cardinals 98-64*
Pirates 90-72#
Reds 86-76
Brewers 81-81
Cubs 73-89

West
Dodgers 97-65*
Giants 86-76
Diamondbacks 79-83
Padres 77-85
Rockies 70-92

MVP: Hanley Ramirez
Cy Young: Jose Fernandez
ROY: Oscar Taveres

AL

East
Rays 93-69*
Red Sox 92-70#
Orioles 83-79
Yankees 79-83
Blue Jays 75-87

Central
Tigers 91-71*
Royals 89-73
Indians 88-72
White Sox 70-92
Twins 69-93

West
Rangers 92-70*
Oakland 90-72#
Angels 80-82
Mariners 78-84
Astros 65-97

MVP: Evan Longoria
Cy Young: Yu Darvish
ROY: Xander Bogaerts

WS: Braves and Rangers, Braves win in 6

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm a fan of the OP.

Derek Jeter will carry my team to the fantasy championship this year. NeoGAF Gold, thank you Lord Derek.

I thought the first game was today. So I got up for an exhibition game in an empty cricket stadium.
Well at least I downloaded Infamous...

time for the Grandy man, Captain America, Fatcolo, Wheeler and the rest of the crew to lead the Mets to the right side of .500 for once!

I do feel better about the upcoming season now that CygnusXS has picked the Braves for best record in the East and Phils for worst. Hopefully you will work your magic again.

Worst thing ever made.

Also, YANKEES COUNCIL IN THE MOTHERFUCKING BUILDING.

Last season was one of darkness, as GOD™ retired after years of crushing hopes and dreams, and the evil Red Sox managed to stay un-injured long enough for everyone to lose allowing them to win the World Series by default.

This season, your favorite baseball team and the paragon of all goodness and light on Earth - that's right, your New York baseball Yankees - have retooled themselves by adding several players, and by converting all of CC Sabathia's lost weight into Japanese pitching phenom Masahiro Tanaka. Provided nobody gets too beat up and all the current Yankees perform to reasonable career averages, they will lay waste to the AL East and embark on a revenge tour that should rival 2009 (with goofy inconsistent AJ Burnett pitching performances made up by Ivan Nova instead).

...also, some guy named "Jeeter" or something like that is retiring. Supposedly that's a big deal for everyone, since he's probably one of the 5 greatest players to ever play his position all-time and inarguably so - but that's whatever. I'm sure people will make time to see whoever that guy is, knowing full well that their otherwise unworthy lives will be made by his brief, fleeting apperance in it.

In conclusion:

- fuck the Mets
- fuck the Red Sox
- fuck Robinson Cano
- ketchup is a clown sauce
- YANQUIS BEISBOL
- QUISQUEYA, son.

Mr. Met is ready!
0OOH334.jpg

I can't wait! The team sure has some issues though. First base and shortstop are black holes. d'Arnaud has looked poor at the plate in spring training but I think he'll be fine. Juan Lagares has to play everyday! His glove is gold out there!

I think Mets pitching should be pretty darn good but I'm worried about all the issues with Niese recently. Don't know much about the bullpen though. I hope Parnell is ready to go. If he's not there's always Valverde! (LOL).

Terry Collins has been fooling around with this pitcher batting 8th business. meh Not a fan of that but I get the whole "gotta get Wright more rbi opportunities!" reasoning.

<sigh>..Its early in the morning and I sleep poorly last night (fuck you insomnia!) but I have enough energy to say... Lets go Mets!

After watching almost every White Sox game this spring, I must say I'm excited for this season. I don't expect them to finish above .500 but 75ish wins should be doable.
And watching so many young exciting players like Sale,Eaton, Davidson, Garcia and Abreu along with Semien, Micah(maybe a september call up) and Erik Johnson.we really got some semblance of a future after arguably fielding the least exciting team in baseball for 5 years.

Bold prediction: Avisail Garcia will tap into his huge power potential and hit around 25 homers this year. Shit I'd bet his homers will outnumber his walks :(

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I do feel better about the upcoming season now that CygnusXS has picked the Braves for best record in the East and Phils for worst. Hopefully you will work your magic again.
Well, I picked the Braves to win 102 games last year and they won 96 so, yeah, me too.

BFIB

Awesome OP. Gonna be sad to see Jeter go, but by the second week of April, I'll be ready for him to go since ESPN will be on JeterWatch 24/7.

BFIB

So I'm thinking of picking up MLB 14 on PS3, then selling it a month later for the PS4 version since saves transfer. Anyone else doing this?

aFIGurANT

Sanjuro, you have the Australia double-header date listed as Saturday the 31st FWIW. I don't know how it's done down under but that still seems off.

Also here's hoping Oscar Taveras doesn't need to be called up too soon. The ROY can go to Wong instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom