• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

bobawesome

Decided to go back and play my previously abandoned character and it's a great feeling to actually know what I was supposed to be doing.

If they were dressed as an Alonne Captain with a Alonne greatbow and shot you off the side that was me...

Nah, this person was using what looked to be the Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword.

I heard From nerfed some bosses... Did they screw up and make tough bosses easier? IF so, that's annoying, I didn't think any of the bosses were cheap.

AngryMoth

Here's a question a just thought of. If you hit someone with a holy water urn do you get a lightening damage bonus thereafter like you do when fighting in water?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Started doing Dragonbro duels, expecting some relatively honorable shit after doing most of my PvP by invading until now. But nope, a good 80% of the fights are against spawn campers and healers. I still do pretty well, but yeah. Annoying.

Is there any way to make yourself immune to profound still or is it just this unstoppable, "lol fuck your magic" spell?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The other day I said that there was no way to reach the boss area of Brightstone Cove Tseldora without warping if you are at the Ornifex/sand pit area. Someone said you could. Well, I just checked... and I can't find it. If I climb back the ladder, I just reach the zipline but can't climb it back up, and downwards is just the sand pit. How do you go from the sand pit area to the path that leads to the boss (the place with all those doors, spikes on the ground etc.)? I know you can get from there to the sand pit, but I can't see how to do it the other way without warping.
Edit:
How can I tell if I'm soaked in water? I'm jumping around in this pool but my fire def doesn't seem to be going up.
You leave wet footprints on the ground.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Started doing Dragonbro duels, expecting some relatively honorable shit after doing most of my PvP by invading until now. But nope, a good 80% of the fights are against spawn campers and healers. I still do pretty well, but yeah. Annoying.

Is there any way to make yourself immune to profound still or is it just this unstoppable, "lol fuck your magic" spell?
jumping you as you spawn is pretty shitty, but if you give someone room to heal, welp...

The other day I said that there was no way to reach the boss area of Brightstone Cove Tseldora without warping if you are at the Ornifex/sand pit area. Someone said you could. Well, I just checked... and I can't find it. If I climb back the ladder, I just reach the zipline but can't climb it back up, and downwards is just the sand pit. How do you go from the sand pit area to the path that leads to the boss (the place with all those doors, spikes on the ground etc.)? I know you can get from there to the sand pit, but I can't see how to do it the other way without warping.

I think there is a door on the house where the manspiders are on the roof.

GulAtiCa

That sucks. I summon others all the time for duels and always give the opponent time to do any buffs and get ready.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I think there is a door on the house where the manspiders are on the roof.

There are no manspiders where I am. I climb the ladder near the bonfire and I reach the upper area of the sand pit, where the two casters were, and outside is where the zipline dropped me. From there, no way to reach the other side of the area.

Mogwai

Damn. I went into No mans wharf n NG+ and got owned by that Flexile Sentry fight. Decided to go the Pursuer way. The in Lost Bastille I one shotted the Ruin Sentinels with nothing but a maxed out Great Club and one charge of poison resin. Didn't really expect to win that one :O

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Edit:

You leave wet footprints on the ground.

From Ornifex, run left pass the frog and into the door where there's a red crystal lizard thing hanging out. Enter and there should be a mage and a spider in the room and a path that lead to the boss outside.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
From Ornifex, run left pass the frog and into the door where there's a red crystal lizard thing hanging out. Enter and there should be a mage and a spider in the room and a path that lead to the boss outside.

OMG... I can't believe I never found this path! I found the path with the spider and chest but not this. Or maybe I did in my very first playthrough and completely forgot... Wow. Thanks!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Now, is there any way to reach Ornifex from the bottom of that place (the one that leads to the spiked floor) without warping? xD I think once you drop down there you can't go back up right? (I know you can from the roof with the manspiders, just not from below I think.)

Edit: nevermind, you can actually jump through that hole that connects the two, it's not necessarily a one-way drop. Cool.

Eusis

This is your third Souls game, you really should know better than to consume special souls... :p
Forget that, anyone whose played RPGs before should know fully well to not just randomly use/sell items. Admittedly that does apply more to JRPGs particularly those that are a BIT older. I don't think there's as much to screw up in most modern WRPGs and JRPGs may or may not have protective measures, though there's usually crafting stuff that comes up that may make selling everything extraordinarily dumb. I find it kind of insane how many just use up the souls without looking online to check what else they may be useful for first.

Frodo

I hate how phantoms can navigate through the environment without needing to worry about nothing. It is so unfair that some people will just run from you trying to trigger environment hazards and you can't even quit through the dashboard otherwise you get punished. Like the guys that instead of fighting will ring the bell in Undead Crypt. Or people who will run from you and get close to other enemies so you will aggro them and then they will use attack you while you fight the enemy.

Urgh. I don't mind being invaded, but these people...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's the point of invading. To use any means necessary to kill someone. There are no rules. This is Dark Souls.

Eusis

I hate how phantoms can navigate through the environment without needing to worry about nothing. It is so unfair that some people will just run from you trying to trigger environment hazards and you can't even quit through the dashboard otherwise you get punished. Like the guys that instead of fighting will ring the bell in Undead Crypt. Or people who will run from you and get close to other enemies so you will aggro them and then they will use attack you while you fight the enemy.

That's what the Giant Seed is for.

. . . Though it'd probably help if you could reliably get a stock, even if it's a small stock. As is it ends up feeling most useful for if you want to fuck with Bell Covenant people.

moop1167

omg, I have been trying for the last 2 hours to get a darknight stone to drop. Traded probably 20 smooth and silky stones and nothing, and killed the rest of the crystal lizards I missed, same thing. Of course I have multiple of them on my other characters that don't need them.

Can you drop items for people in this game? If someone has a spare I would love the help. This is annoying me. I am SL 62.

Jaeger

I didn't know Giant Seed was overrated. I barely use it, myself. When I do get invaded by one of those people, I hunt them down, or wait them out. If they run, you get to a safe spot and just chill.

tokkun

I don't like From nerfing any PvE in this game. Shrine of Amana is a shell of it's former self.

Seems about the same to me. I saw that video where the person was just walking to dodge the spells, but that doesn't work for me. I still have to roll, so it's really no different from before.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Seems about the same to me. I saw that video where the person was just walking to dodge the spells, but that doesn't work for me. I still have to roll, so it's really no different from before.

No way is it the same. I ran thru Shrine of Amana in about 10 minutes to fight the boss. First time thru, it took forever because of the homing soul arrows that would bend corners. Today, I walked right by most of them. Not even close to how it was before at least IMO.

Anyhow, is there no way to skip the ending credits.

Mistel

Banned
I didn't know Giant Seed was overrated. I barely use it, myself. When I do get invaded by one of those people, I hunt them down, or wait them out. If they run, you get to a safe spot and just chill.
When I'm invaded I just get to a vantage point and fill the invader with great arrows. Like the dull ember tower in iron keep.

I just began my second run, in order to try beating the game while in the Champion's Covenant (i also plan to have this character stay in the 125SL while the other goes to the 150SL). The problem is, I was on SL15, and got invaded in the first area, right where there is the Heidi Knight. I messaged the invader later, he said he was SL45 (o_O). How is that even possible? If it is, From didnt acomplish what they tried to do, inserting the SM mechanics to prevent low-level players with late-game game weapons and items.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
valentine71 is an awesome guy. He wanted to start a clean slate of the game so he donated a ton of boss weapons and other goodies to me by the dark and damp Gutter bonfire. We found out you can't drop upgrade materials apparently, which is too bad. But doesn't matter much because of all the fully upgraded weapons he shared!

Name engraved ring works like a charm for co-op, though I'm still not sure how the soul memory thing works as initially I didn't see his summon sign when I was < 1 million SM. But when we tried again I had like 2.8 million which was still crazy different than his, but it worked. Another weird thing is that I can hear people's voices sometimes when we co-op, is that supposed to always be enabled? I thought it required a ring.

Anyway, thanks again for the help man.

Soulhouf

I just began my second run, in order to try beating the game while in the Champion's Covenant (i also plan to have this character stay in the 125SL while the other goes to the 150SL). The problem is, I was on SL15, and got invaded in the first area, right where there is the Heidi Knight. I messaged the invader later, he said he was SL45 (o_O). How is that even possible? If it is, From didnt acomplish what they tried to do, inserting the SM mechanics to prevent low-level players with late-game game weapons and items.

I don't know what's going on but it's worse than DS1.
Instead of being invaded by low level players with end game gear, you're invaded at the beginning of the game by high level players with end game gear.

GulAtiCa

Giant seed is great for trolling people in advance and watch them die from afar. Hehehe

Also, PvP has nothing to do with level. All to do with Soul Memory. Being lv 45 is fairly easy early on. My new char is like 60 with like 100k or so Soul Memory

Just Start A Party. Invader kicked and no quit penalty.

Yeah it's just healing liquid apparently. The urns full of water aren't doing jack for me. May be some kind of weird bug, or maybe it doesn't work with heavy armor.

They work, but you need a few more fire buffs to really help. Flash Sweat, Flame Quartz Ring and Orange Burr's help.

Also, make sure you roll through the urns. Attacking them does not give a buff. Folks have made that mistake.

They work, but you need a few more fire buffs to really help. Flash Sweat, Flame Quartz Ring and Orange Burr's help.

Also, make sure you roll through the urns. Attacking them does not give a buff. Folks have made that mistake.
I tried both. Is wet footprints the only way to know if it worked?

tokkun

Nah I figured out how to shut that off. Trying to walk on the lava/fire area to the items.

It works, the effect is just brief. To get the chest down the long lava path I suggest putting on a Cat Ring and falling from the platform with water urns to the lava path. Otherwise the water will wear off too soon.

ijed

If you go to ng+ do you stay in the same covenant?
Also using the ruler's sword so I'm carrying 1m souls - I have 5 RolPs but worried I about being constantly invaded in ng+ before I unlock the blacksmith.... Should I spend them now and go back to my claymore?

Do you guys think Magic is more balanced in DS2 compared to the two previous games, as far as PVE? So far on my sorcerer build I'm not having much trouble at all...

Top Bottom