• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

LiK

If you go to ng+ do you stay in the same covenant?
Also using the ruler's sword so I'm carrying 1m souls - I have 5 RolPs but worried I about being constantly invaded in ng+ before I unlock the blacksmith.... Should I spend them now and go back to my claymore?

yup, you stay in whatever covenant you're in

At what level do FTH and INT stop having any direct influence on Pyromancy damage? I'm rocking a Dark Pyromancy Glove+10 and my INT is about 28 and my FTH is about 25.

Unfortunately my damage is pretty unimpressive.

Ghazi

At what level do FTH and INT stop having any direct influence on Pyromancy damage? I'm rocking a Dark Pyromancy Glove+10 and my INT is about 28 and my FTH is about 25.

Unfortunately my damage is pretty unimpressive.
You could probably blame that on the latest patch :/

Yes. When you punch with the Pyromancy glove, it deals fire damage. That scales with your "FIRE BNS" derived skill. However, pyromany spells do not.
They definitely do. Your fire BNS is less important than the glove upgrade and pyromancy is clearly designed as not very FTH/INT demanding but the fire bonus does add to your overall spell damage. Apparently, that additional damage is static in the sense that for any given Fire BNS value, every pyromancy will receive the exact same additional damage.

I've seen it first hand and there are numerous people who have documented their experimenting on it.

I haven't tried with 1.03 though but the changelog didn't mention any change about that.

So, I've beaten

The Duke's Dear Freja
The Lost Sinner
The Old Iron King
The Rotten
and many other bosses

And I have zero idea where to go next.

I tried both. Is wet footprints the only way to know if it worked?

I've done this twice without the urns; rolling around in the Pharros water definitely works.

Flash Sweat Pyromancy, Flame Quartz ring and whatever Alonne gear you have was all it took. Chug Estus like no tomorrow, too.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So, I've beaten

The Duke's Dear Freja
The Lost Sinner
The Old Iron King
The Rotten
and many other bosses

And I have zero idea where to go next.
Did you ever meet a guy with a big blue sword a stone's throw from Majula? Go back and examine the obstacle in front of the lever. Then make your way to the next bonfire in the Woods and take the clear path to a Shrine which will now open for you.

BTW: the real fight starts now

Did you ever meet a guy with a big blue sword a stone's throw from Majula? Go back and examine the obstacle in front of the lever. Then make your way to the next bonfire in the Woods and take the clear path to a Shrine which will now open for you.

BTW: the real fight starts now

Yeah, I've pretty much wiped out a majority of the obstacles in the
shaded Wood/ ruins, even vanquished all 11 ghosts.

What could I be missing?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah, I've pretty much wiped out a majority of the obstacles in the
shaded Wood/ ruins, even vanquished all 11 ghosts.

What could I be missing?
Don't go into the foggy part of the SHADED WOODS. There is another path you can take at the bonfire by going left, which will lead you up against a Flexile Sentry and then put you on a path to a structure known as the Shrine of Winter.

EDIT: edited because I wrote the wrong place

Don't go into the foggy part of the shaded ruins. There is another path you can take at the bonfire by going left, which will lead you up against a Flexile Sentry and then put you on a path to a structure known as the Shrine of Winter.

That's the thing though, it still tells me to
Produce the Symbol of The King
The same message as the door in the forrest of fallen giants

I think my game may have glitched or I have overlooked something as I only have these major souls.
The Lost Sinner
Old Iron King
The Rotten

Isn't
Freja
one of them?

Deitus

That's the thing though, it still tells me to
Produce the Symbol of The King
The same message as the door in the forrest of fallen giants

I think my game may have glitched or I have overlooked something as I only have these major souls.
The Lost Sinner
Old Iron King
The Rotten

Isn't
Freja
one of them?

Not that door. There is another similar door in the same area (take the other path at the fork) that should open for you now. And yes, those are the four great souls you need.

Edit: Turns out the door doesn't look that similar to the King's doors. Still, it should be easy to find if you go down to other path in
Shaded Woods
that doesn't lead to the foggy area or the King's door.

Dumb question, but thought about it earlier: would it be possible to dual wield two Dragon Teeth on NG+?

Well it certainly seems possible. But it would take 75 strength to power stance them. And if you aren't intending on using power stance, I don't see much point in wielding two of the same weapon.

Not that door. There is another similar door in the same area (take the other path at the fork) that should open for you now. And yes, those are the four great souls you need.

So I went left to be met by a dead end, forwards brought me back to the door that told me do the whole king thing, and then their is the shaded wood to the right.

Was right "The other path".

Also, thanks for the help you guys I hate to take advantage of anyone's time, its just that everything has been smooth sailing for the first 50 hours and now I'm being blocked by this mundane obstacle.

jimi_dini

Currently on NG+ doing a "no bonfire" run. Is way easier than I expected. I'm already at 3 primal bonfires.

My first death were Bell Keeper fuckers. If anyone tries to do that run, simply don't do those sections online, especially NG+. Was right at the start of the Bell Keeper area, saw a friendly summon, summoned. Then 2 fuckers invaded and bombarded the door with Flame Swathe, Chaos Storm and Fire Tempest. My buddy fell because of that, I managed to hit one of them with magic + miracles, but nothing at all - no health lost. How is this possible? Are there armors, that are 100% resistant to magic + miracles at the same time? At least they didn't get me
I fell off lol

The Dark Souls 2 "matchmaking" is insane. A level 500 can get matched against a level 150, because it seems the only thing the game cares about is soul memory. And that's all sort of fucked up. Sometimes I manage to one shot an invader. And some other times I don't even make a scratch.

The one major shocker in NG+ (that area was actually NG++ for me), that in Brightstone Cove
the fucking spider appeared right before Prowling Magus
. And a red phantom got me right before the last
bonfire and switch to turn the fire off in Iron Keep

Styles

So.. I lost 1.2 million souls yesterday in Shrine of Amana. It hurt, really, really bad. My fault for hoarding them using RoSP. But still. ;__;

2 more trophies until I platinum the ps3 version and then I'll be starting all over again on the PC.

Faith or Magic build - so hard to choose!

Deitus

So I went left to be met by a dead end, forwards brought me back to the door that told me do the whole king thing, and then their is the shaded wood to the right.

Was right "The other path".

Also, thanks for the help you guys I hate to take advantage of anyone's time, its just that everything has been smooth sailing for the first 50 hours and now I'm being blocked by this mundane obstacle.

There are three paths at that fork (well technically four if you count going backwards towards Majula). Right leads to the foggy area. The middle path leads to the King's Door. Go down the left path.

The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with the Faraam Armour as the DSII flagship set. It just isn't that cool. It's such a "bro" set, if you get me. Shuns elegance for WARRIORNESS!!$%#!#$

Not to mention, they really screwed with the palette of the Elite Knight set; the sheen of the metal is quite over-the-top.

There are three paths at that fork (well technically four if you count going backwards towards Majula). Right leads to the foggy area. The middle path leads to the King's Door. Go down the left path.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

THANK YOU, I totally did not see that side path
And to think I was about to throw in the towel because of it.
I+think+i+m+dying+from+anticipation+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

Stefan™;108891585 said:
Sorry, yes, I meant sorceries, not pyromancy or hex.

I salute you then, the path of the sorcery is great but difficult at the start like always its really gets powerfull as your character grows. letting you to be creative at killing enemies and stuff.

maomaoIYP

I've yet to see anything definite about the agility skill. One theory is that Agility gives you more invincibility frames. The other is that less item burden does, which ADP will help with. Sadly, those who have tested haven't been too scientific. But much points to item burden speed (which is how long you roll per roll) is separate from Agility (which gives you more invincibility frames per roll, or so the theory goes). If that is the case, you can go 69.9% and have the "fast roll" animation, and with 20 ADP, you get high enough Agility that you have a good amount of invincibility frames.
I'm not convinced on the invincibility frame theory. With 8 ADP at 70% on 3 of my characters I roll through boss attacks like any of my characters with 20 ADP. The only thing I can see improved is the estus chugging speed. The roll distance being dependent on encumbrance is correct though, although for PvE I would say it's still safer to go 70% and still be able to take a hit or two when you mess up.

twinkling... I know I'll need that for the Dragon Chime, yes?
Yeah. scarcity of upgrading material like twinkling and bones is the main reason why I actually prefer starting a brand new character. Just made my 7th last night, but can't decide on what build to play.

Styles

I salute you then, the path of the sorcery is great but difficult at the start like always its really gets powerfull as your character grows. letting you to be creative at killing enemies and stuff.

I've been playing as a pure melee on the console version so, it'll be a nice change of pace with a (mostly)caster on PC.

E92 M3

Stefan™;108891276 said:
So.. I lost 1.2 million souls yesterday in Shrine of Amana. It hurt, really, really bad. My fault for hoarding them using RoSP. But still. ;__;

2 more trophies until I platinum the ps3 version and then I'll be starting all over again on the PC.

Faith or Magic build - so hard to choose!

How did you lose them if you're a user of RoSP? Got too confident?

Yup, everything really changes and the form of how do you approach some enemies is totally different.

Like this one, its a cotton candy for sorcerers

I will be playing mage on PC when it comes out and it will be my first time ever trying that playstyle. I figure it may be easy mode, but whatever. I already beat it as melee. I made the mistake of summoning a mage for coop on the Guardian Dragon. The battle went so fast I only had opportunity to get 2 hits in between his flying around attacks and the sorcerer made short work of him. I felt cheated. :)

Cat Party

Wow, cannot beat the Gargoyles with my second character. With my first character, I smoked them on the first attempt. I'm going nuts here. Is there a consumable I can stock up on and spam on them?

maomaoIYP

Consensus is definitely that magic is OP. That's why so many spells got nerfed with the patch.
The only two things regarding sorcery that was nerfed was buffing the moonlight greatsword and soul geyser. The rest were buffs.
I still think hexes need a nerf, GRS is usually a OHKO in PvP.

Deitus

I just did a couple vids on this....the lockstone water is further away but it gives you 300 fire defense, as does the flash sweat...these are the strongest help....the urns are 200 a piece and at least two of them stack with flash sweat...havent tried more...didnt need more..

I'm not sure if you've done further testing off camera, but from that second video, it looks like the urns do give 300 fire defense. You had 342 fire defense initially, and then you cast Flash Sweat and rolled into the first pot and checked again and you had 642 fire defense. Since Flash Sweat supposedly boosts fire defense by 300, I think you managed to smash the pot without actually getting any water on you. Based on the fact that you didn't leave wet footprints behind until you smashed the second pot, I would say that's what happened. When you rolled into the second pot and actually got wet, it boosted your fire defense another 300 to 942.

I think they should have doubled the repair cost every time you break a ring of life protection. Losing your souls should be part of the experience. At least you hear that embarrassing breaking noise when you kill someone wearing it in PvP.

lupin23rd

Two questions:

- I assume Souls of Giants don't stack higher than 5, so either use them and collect them again in NG+, or just keep them to avoid those sections again? (although I guess you have to do one of them)

- I'm trying to do the side stuff with the dark chasms so I can fight the D
arklurker
before I go to NG+, and I can't seem to get past the first guy in the chasm in the Gulch. I think he has
two hammers
? Any tips on how to handle him as a melee character (dex)?

Two questions:

- I assume Souls of Giants don't stack higher than 5, so either use them and collect them again in NG+, or just keep them to avoid those sections again? (although I guess you have to do one of them)

arklurker
before I go to NG+, and I can't seem to get past the first guy in the chasm in the Gulch. I think he has
two hammers

I two handed+strong attacked with a great club+10. Smashes him and pretty much any other enemy in the game face first into the ground. Wait for him to get about halfway up and two-hand him again. Rinse and repeat for all enemies you encounter in the dark chasms (except Darklurker).

Speaking of him, finally took him down tonight. Shouldn't have waited to NG+. Even completely respecced my character to focus on Pyromancy. Got in two great Flame Swathes when he split and squeezed in a Forbidden Sun for the kill. Feels good. Now just need a couple Pyros from NG++ and the summon achievements and I'm done!

And speaking of NG++, really see the nerfs they put into the last patch. Flexile Sentry on NG++ should be crazy hard, but beat it in literally one minute with Lucatiel. She never got below 3/4 health...and doesn't even look like his minions damage you with their Ring of Blades anymore.

With Flame Quartz Ring, Smelter Demon Armor, Flash Sweat + getting wet from the urn/pool I actually took no damage from the lava paths.

2AdEPT

I'm not sure if you've done further testing off camera, but from that second video, it looks like the urns do give 300 fire defense. You had 342 fire defense initially, and then you cast Flash Sweat and rolled into the first pot and checked again and you had 642 fire defense. Since Flash Sweat supposedly boosts fire defense by 300, I think you managed to smash the pot without actually getting any water on you. Based on the fact that you didn't leave wet footprints behind until you smashed the second pot, I would say that's what happened. When you rolled into the second pot and actually got wet, it boosted your fire defense another 300 to 942.
I think you are right....I likely did miss the first one as I cast flash sweat and didnt get any more bonus than what flash sweat gives...i.e. 300, then when I got the last urn it was another 300.
Two questions:

arklurker
two hammers
As a dex character I used poison arrows, heavy pyro, and the occasional dual wield of my darkdrift and rickard's, but I imagine the curved dragon sword I have now would be better. That one isnt even the hardest one...wait til you get to the one in Drangleic castle.
With Flame Quartz Ring, Smelter Demon Armor, Flash Sweat + getting wet from the urn/pool I actually took no damage from the lava paths.
Smelter and ring have very littel effect compared to the water...you must have stacked a lot of urns together with your flash sweat...seems like its 300 per urn.

I ahve a question: I wish to do the
naavlan
quest and already gave him the
ladder
, bhut now require cale's helmet....if I beat nashandra, do I still have an option of doing other things before NG+?

Top Bottom