• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

jimi_dini

No Bonfire NG+ done

ddUfTHx.jpg

They should have included a trophy for that one :/

Now I can finally enjoy my Moonlight Greatsword

maomaoIYP

yeah, i hate it. I really hope this is the next thing to be nerfed...

It's not just an issue with the weapon but the poise system as well. If I can't even tank a hit with high poise I can't land any sort of attack with the heaviest weapons without being knocked out of it.

Sullichin

Dammit. That weapon is ridiculous even if it's unbuffed. It has range like a greatsword but stunlocks like a regular short weapon.

lol, I specced my hex character into using resonant washing pole, not knowing that this was some ultra hated PVP meta. I didn't abuse/know about the hitboxes on the running attack though. I did pretty well, but I was also doing a lot of pve/coop, and the shitty durability was a bit much. I do love that weapon though, it's more fun to use than the washing pole in DS1.

But I decided to de-level my dex, raise STR to 40 and lower FTH and INT to 40 (from 50). I just wind up having more fun with the big str weapons. Using the large club even though it's what I used through my whole first playthrough.

maomaoIYP

lol, I specced my hex character into using resonant washing pole, not knowing that this was some ultra hated PVP meta. I didn't abuse/know about the hitboxes on the running attack though. I did pretty well, but I was also doing a lot of pve/coop, and the shitty durability was a bit much. I do love that weapon though, it's more fun to use than the washing pole in DS1.

But I decided to de-level my dex, raise STR to 40 and lower FTH and INT to 40 (from 50). I just wind up having more fun with the big str weapons. Using the large club even though it's what I used through my whole first playthrough.

I like the big STR weapons, I have 2 characters dedicated to them. It's just disheartening when I jump in with an attack and get stunlocked out of it mid air by some dude waving his tiny stick.
Ah thanks, interesting points made. Some I agree with, but others I don't really care about.
While the lore of the past games were interesting, I never really played them for the lore. I can't remember much about Demon's Souls besides "Boletaria".
I do agree with the point about stage design though.

SoldnerKei

began to play NG+ this weekend... now I see why you call this game a survival horror... fuck red phantoms appearing up from nowhere, at least nemesis jumped from a window

So, just started my NG++ run, pretty much just to get a few remaining spells from the ghost guy in Drangleic Castle. I hear that there's a more speedy way to get to the point without having to slog through the rest of the game. Any advice? Is it just "head to Shrine of Winter and it opens up because my SL is ridiculously high?

Hey guys/gals, when you do NG+ does covenant progress reset? Also I feel like 300 victories in blue sentinels is excessive. Any tips with this? I'm never summoned automatically when human, I don't have a lot of cracked blue orbs(when they actually work) or token of fidelities for dueling.

Hey guys/gals, when you do NG+ does covenant progress reset? Also I feel like 300 victories in blue sentinels is excessive. Any tips with this? I'm never summoned automatically when human, I don't have a lot of cracked blue orbs(when they actually work) or token of fidelities for dueling.

Covenant ranks don't reset. But why are you doing the Blue Sentinels when they have such a high requirement to max out? I did the Pilgrims of Dark. Just requires beating three Dark Chasm levels and the Dark Lurker boss. A pain in the ass, for sure, but way more time friendly than 300 victories that aren't even guaranteed.

GulAtiCa

I don't think so.
Yesterday an invader kept tossing corrosive urns at me and broke all my rings and armor but my weapons remained untouched.

Yeah, I don't think that or any acid stuff affects weapons. Whenever I go into acid pools, I take off everything but the weapons.

Covenant ranks don't reset. But why are you doing the Blue Sentinels when they have such a high requirement to max out? I did the Pilgrims of Dark. Just requires beating three Dark Chasm levels and the Dark Lurker boss. A pain in the ass, for sure, but way more time friendly than 300 victories that aren't even guaranteed.

I'm kind of a completionist and like to 1k the game and I believe the covenant rank has a spell or two you can only get through that. However, if it's way too much time to deal with, I won't waste my time.

Already did pilgrims of the dark, the achievement/trophy I was going for is the find all spells, hexes, etc.

I'm kind of a completionist and like to 1k the game and I believe the covenant rank has a spell or two you can only get through that. However, if it's way too much time to deal with, I won't waste my time.

Already did pilgrims of the dark, the achievement/trophy I was going for is the find all spells, hexes, etc.

Ha, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm doing my NG++ run mainly to get the two spells that you get from the Blue Sentinels. Because honestly, there's no way in hell I'm going to grind out 150 and 500 victories in that covenant. Not even close.

In NG++, there's a merchant that sells both the Rank 2 and Rank 3 spells from that covenant. Seems like a much more realistic and time-friendly option.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why does it require 300 wins when you have limited invasion items whereas Darkmoon Blade had the ring which summoned you to Dark Anor Londo & the infinite invasion item and only required 80?

The ring for Sentinels of Blue has never even once summoned me to aid another player, seems like it's broken to me. And it sucks that cracked blues & tokens of fidelity are your only opportunity to rank up when you need 300 wins. Seems needlessly steep.

Why does it require 300 wins when you have limited invasion items whereas Darkmoon Blade had the ring which summoned you to Dark Anor Londo & the infinite invasion item and only required 80?

The ring for Sentinel's of Blue has never even once summoned me to aid another player, seems like it's broken to me. And it sucks that cracked blues & tokens of fidelity are your only opportunity to rank up when you need 300 wins. Seems needlessly steep.

And FYI, it's not 300 wins.

Rank 1 - 50
Rank 2 - 150
Rank 3 - 500?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ha, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm doing my NG++ run mainly to get the two spells that you get from the Blue Sentinels. Because honestly, there's no way in hell I'm going to grind out 150 and 500 victories in that covenant. Not even close.

In NG++, there's a merchant that sells both the Rank 2 and Rank 3 spells from that covenant. Seems like a much more realistic and time-friendly option.

I figure the
merchant option is there for people who aren't purely into PVP for it's own sake. But they still had to make the covenant rewards "meaningful" so the merch is locked behind NG++.

To be fair, there's other bonus items you can get for playing through a few times that way, like more and more of the Heide Knight gear.

Wow really? I guess the wiki isn't completely factual. Fuck the covenant then haha. Thanks for the tip, btw which merchant sells those in NG++?

Arjen

Holy shit a red phantom scared the crap out of me
The one in dragleic castle after that long elevator ride.

Wow really? I guess the wiki isn't completely factual. Fuck the covenant then haha. Thanks for the tip, btw which merchant sells those in NG++?
Chancellor Wellager in the Drangleic Castle (the ghost guy). He sells both WoTG and Bountiful Sunlight in NG++. Also sells a few unique weapons only available in NG++, and up, too. I gotta grind, though, through the Sunbros covenant. Sucks that the rank 2 and 3 spell rewards can't be done offline. :(

Chancellor Wellager in the Drangleic Castle (the ghost guy). He sells both WoTG and Bountiful Sunlight in NG++. Also sells a few unique weapons only available in NG++, and up, too. I gotta grind, though, through the Sunbros covenant. Sucks that the rank 2 and 3 spell rewards can't be done offline. :(
Thank you! And sunbro is really easy, I did it in a few hours just helping people at the guardian Dragon. Only need 30

Yep. Very easy to do. I prob have over 150 easily on my main character from all the co-op I've done.

Any suggestions on good co-op/summon locations? I've around SL 185 and SM 4.5 million+. Historically I've stuck to the Heide's Tower of Flame area and did some co-op for the Old Dragonslayer Boss, if only because with 2 (and 3) people, the fight is super quick.

GulAtiCa

Any suggestions on good co-op/summon locations? I've around SL 185 and SM 4.5 million+. Historically I've stuck to the Heide's Tower of Flame area and did some co-op for the Old Dragonslayer Boss, if only because with 2 (and 3) people, the fight is super quick.

Are you still in NG? Or NG+? In NG+ and beyond, stick to popular areas like Heide's Tower, Iron Keep, end game bosses/etc.

Are you still in NG? Or NG+? In NG+ and beyond, stick to popular areas like Heide's Tower, Iron Keep, end game bosses/etc.

I'm NG++. But, will probably stick to Heide's Tower. Earlier in my NG+ run it was a bit of wait there, but again, super quick fights seem more of a draw for me than having to slog through more difficult areas later in the game, especially on the difficulty I am now.

GulAtiCa

I'm NG++. But, will probably stick to Heide's Tower. Earlier in my NG+ run it was a bit of wait there, but again, super quick fights seem more of a draw for me than having to slog through more difficult areas later in the game, especially on the difficulty I am now.

ah, I'm NG++ too, with SM of 45M :lol. I find Heidi's tower still quite popular, though haven't really tried any co-op with my main in like a week.

ah, I'm NG++ too, with SM of 45M :lol. I find Heidi's tower still quite popular, though haven't really tried any co-op with my main in like a week.

Good to know, thanks for the info. Wish I could track exactly how far along I am in the Sunbros, since I abandoned it a bit ago to finish off the Pilgrims of Dark.

AngryMoth

I went and got a magic shield from the witches in undead crypt so I can just block spells from people who spam magic but the stability is so shit that you get guard broken by pretty much anything so it's fairly useless. Anyone know how much extra stability it gets from upgrading? It's not filled in on the wiki and I don't want to waste a bunch of twinkling.

Sun Medals can drop from
Mounted Overseer
so Sunbro can be done offline.

tokkun

In my experience, bets spot is Aldia's Keep. Boss is one of the easiest when you get to NG+, and people still summon a lot.

If you are feeling generous, go for the last boss of Brightstone Cove. There always seems to be tons of demand for co-op and very little supply, owing to the fact that it is annoying to get to that area. It's a longer battle, though, and the success rate is lower.

Top Bottom