• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Knight pushed back to 2015? [No major sites reporting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
The news comes to use straight from WonderCon, after the DC All Access Panel showed the trailer for the game. They revealed to the audience that the game has now been pushed to a 2015 release date.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...arkham-knight-announced-delayed-at-wondercon/
The audience was also shown a trailer for the next Arkham game, featuring the voiceover by Thomas Wayne of his “last will and testament” . He asks that Bruce “honors the Wayne family legacy” and urges him to “commit yourself to the improvement of gotham city”. There were some humorous moments, like when Thomas advises Bruce“do not be frivolous”, and don’t waste money on “fast cars”, and a destructive lifestyle while images of the Batmobile and car chases were being shown. The trailer featured a prominent role for Two-Face and plenty of car chase scenes, ending in a fiery exploding bat symbol. This is no longer as 2014 project, they reminded the audience, but a 2015 project.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04...ess-at-wondercon-from-jim-lee-to-shelly-bond/

This was reported by a number of small websites, but none of the major ones said anything about it. Take it with a grain of salt etc.

V_Ben

Banned
2015 makes sense. People are excited for it, and there'll be enough out later this year for the new systems. When does WB have Dying Light out?

L1NETT

tumblr_lybwszbGF01qhbdzj.gif

Pls no

After Witcher 3's delay I can't take any more of my most anticipated titles being pushed back.

Abriael

Banned
If you google "Batman Arkham Knight Delay Debunked" there are several accounts that say that the report is inaccurate.

The show has been several days ago. If it was true, I'd say we'd know officially.

Floex

2015 makes sense. People are excited for it, and there'll be enough out later this year for the new systems. When does WB have Dying Light out?

I said this in other thread but it looks kind of barren to me. Destiny is the only high profile game I want at this stage.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

there will? People have been complaining all over about lack of games for the new current gen, with first party lineups being weak, games like witcher being moved out into 2015.

Eh, make it a good one. There are plenty of 2014 games to buy anyway.

There are plenty of good 2015 games, too. Civilization: Beyond Earth, Galactic Civilizations 3, Hearts of Iron 4, The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, Cyberpunk 2077, Torment: Tides of Numenera. And now I'm supposed to find time for A:K that year?

ZncZhrn.png

If Alien: Isolation doesn't make this year I'll probably have to kill myself or something.

Lucreto

Good news for me. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Tales of Hearts and others would take too much of my time.

I just hope it doesn't get caught up with the Witcher release date.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
There are plenty of good 2015 games, too. Civilization: Beyond Earth, Galactic Civilizations 3, Hearts of Iron 4, The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, Cyberpunk 2077, Torment: Tides of Numenera. And now I'm supposed to find time for A:K that year?

ZncZhrn.png

GkXnUal.gif

Namikaze1

A part of me hopes not while another part hopes so. I already have 4 games preordered fthat are releasing in October with a fifth rumored for an October launch (The Order) and three of them shares the same date (Aliens, Lord of the Rings, and Dragon Age.)

hohoXD123

If you google "Batman Arkham Knight Delay Debunked" there are several accounts that say that the report is inaccurate.

The show has been several days ago. If it was true, I'd say we'd know officially.

Maybe I need to brush up on my googling skills but do you have a link to one of these reports please?

erawsd

Yeah its kinda strange that a single site reported this days ago and no big sites have picked up on it or an official announcement has been made. Heck, IGN and Kotaku both covered wondercon.

If it is indeed delayed, would this mean a delay to October 2015? These Arkham games usually release from August-Oct. I'm not sure if WB would want to release this before then.

ZncZhrn.png

If Alien: Isolation doesn't make this year I'll probably have to kill myself or something.

Well, at least Cyberpunk 2077 might release a bit later than 2015. It hasn't been coined as an official release date.

Liamario

Banned
If it's to genuinely work on the game, great. If it's the decision of some marketing asshats- I say, "FUCK YOU".

No! This was one of my most wanted games of the year. Why announce 2014 literally a few weeks back and then change it to 2015!?

I suppose they saw the line up this winter and decided it should be moved to Spring where there will likely be less competition and the game can benefit from an extra few months polish.

Still disappointing...

Vitor711

The guys at Giantbomb spoke about the game on their podcast 2-3 weeks ago. Apparently it looked gorgeous but occasionally ran like a slide-show. We're talking full single digit FPS at points.

I know optimisation happens late on in development, but that seems like it could have been a severe enough issue to warrant playing it safe.

Poona

Kinda sucks if true. Was hoping to finally have a reason to get a ps4/xbone this year, but if this doesn't make it out for 2014 I may not get a new system until next year.

SparkTR

I can understand that based on Giant Bomb's comments about the gameplay demo. They said it was the best looking game they've seen but it ran beyond terribly, and this was on a high end PC if I remember right.

BlackJace

ZncZhrn.png

Woah woah, I thought Civ: BE came out this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom