• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Knight pushed back to 2015? [No major sites reporting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinfoil Hat On:

Maybe Rocksteady is waiting for X1's DX12 feature to work with to create equalization for the PS4s.

Or,

Transitioning assets to UE4 for more graphix!

Tinfoil Hat Off.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
If you google "Batman Arkham Knight Delay Debunked" there are several accounts that say that the report is inaccurate.

The show has been several days ago. If it was true, I'd say we'd know officially.
All I could find is a YT video with a description that says:
UPDATE: The delay has officially been debunked!! People at the WonderCon panel who had initially said the game was coming out in 2015 have stated they made a mistake and the game is indeed releasing in 2014. WHEW.
Any links to some official words?

Kyoufu

That must be the fastest release date announcement -> delay decision ever.

I'd prefer a delay if it means a better product overall, so I'm not bothered by this if it's true.

UrbanRats

Meh, this year is looking worse and worse.
One of the worst in recent memory for me.

Then again, 2012 surprised me somewhat with Dragon's Dogma, Sleeping Dogs and Hotline Miami, 3 titles i wasn't exactly super hyped for (well, except Sleeping Dogs, maybe) and that delivered in spades, so who knows.

But so far i'm very luke warm to anything coming out.

Apparently it looked gorgeous but occasionally ran like a slide-show. We're talking full single digit FPS at points.

Ah, the pre-order/trailer driven approach strikes again. Sure, the game is supposed to come out in 6-7 months, but we gotta make those screenshots and closed demos look extra sharp, right? -_-

Here's the link to the podcast; they start talking about it abour 9 minutes in. Apparently, the fact that it ran like shit and lagged constantly on a high end PC hovered was like an 800-pound gorilla in the room.

Rather they take their time and do it right than try and rush it out. Especially if it's going to be the last of the 'Arkham' series, needs to go out with a bang.

Ramenman

As a player I'm always sad not to get all those awesome games right now, but if Rocksteady feel they need it, I'm glad they can get extra time to provide us with the insane-high quality they usually do :)

Respawn

Banned
Aww c'mon WB. This would have been perfect for the Halloween season.

Edit: what a minute that trailer is f'ing old. Why would they show an old ass trailer? Calling this false.

Tinzo

Banned
Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Alpende

Why push it back already?

Why not wait and see if they can make the 2014 release?

Doesn't make any sense!

And what if they do that? 1 month before release the figure out they can't reach their goal and just push it back. That's way too late and fans probably won't like that a whole lot.

Better to push it back now.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They only officially announced it last month, they must have known it was in danger of slipping then. Seems weird that they would give it an official date when they could have said 'late 2014' or something which would have given them some wiggle room.

Dabanton

I'd be disappointed but if Rocksteady feels they need a bit more extra time on it. So be it.

This is also the problem of revealing games too early. If a delay does happen the devs look like plonkers.

Nzyme32

Hmm, so delay or no delay? :/

Seems like a absolute certain delay. Seems like a good business move to wait for a larger install base on the consoles to maximise revenue but also give time for changes they may have on the way as well as if they are adding more platforms or whatever

or not

apparently some articles claim they were mistaken at wondercon and it's still on for 2014... who knows

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Based off of my current play of Arkham Origins, delaying this is a more than acceptable call.

I know what ye mean; Aliens: Colonial Marines made me worry about the state of The Last Guardian. Glad it's been delayed till they get it right ;)

RulkezX

Seems like a absolute certain delay. Seems like a good business move to wait for a larger install base on the consoles to maximise revenue but also give time for changes they may have on the way as well as if they are adding more platforms or whatever

Based off of.......?

I don't believe this. The game was only announced, what, a month ago? And they've given it a solid release date, so I find it hard to believe that just a few weeks later they'd decide on a delay.

If they are having performance problems with UE3, there are plenty of good reasons.
Having performance issues with UE3 is an even better reason to switch to UE4 considering UE3's known problems with supporting open world games, it was barely able to support Arkham City and that game's open world was a fraction of the size of Arkham City.

Kouichi

Suicide Squad is probably 2015 at the earliest. Montreal just finished Arkham Origins last year.

Yeah that's true. I hope we get a trailer this year at least. My excitement for a potential Suicide Squad game exceeds my excitement for Arkham Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom