• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Knight pushed back to 2015? [No major sites reporting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Wouldn't surprise me, WB also has Shadow of Mordor releasing this fall on a set date. Makes sense that they likely wouldn't want to step on their own toes with a separate open-world 3rd person action game. I'm sure Rocksteady wouldn't complain about more development time either.

I'm hoping it isn't true since I'm really looking forward to it, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

SJRB

Gold Member
I have a hard time believing this, since this apparantly happened last Saturday and no other videogame site has jumped on this. Guys like IGN would be all over this if they indeed stated a delay during their DC thing at Wondercon.

DrZeus

Fine with me. Take your time and make it great. I still have city and origins to pay through. It'll be plenty of stuff to play on current Gen this fall.

Thank you for your recent PS4/XBONE purchase! I hope you like not playing games!

This rhetoric is neither clever nor accurate. I've personally been playing my PS4 daily since I bought it, but to each his own I guess.

I'd rather WB take all the time that they need to make Arkham Knight awesome. If it needs to be delayed a few months so be it.

You mean....

iDs8Lo0r5LloM.gif

Hahaha

HardRojo

The game being released the same year it was announced seemed too good to be true, as long as this pushback means more polish I can deal with it. I bought a PS4 a couple of weeks after this was announced.

Magwik

Banned
So why would they announce a delay at WonderCon and not straight up announce it? This really doesn't seem very legitimate.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
huh weird since Rocksteady is working on this for a long time.

Hopefully it's turn to be something like this
Rocksteady's Batman Arkham Knight ---> 2015
WB Montreal's Batman vs Superman (WB must make this game) ---> 2016

Albo

WB also likely has Mortal Kombat 10 due around april next year if it follows NRS usual release schedules. I was really looking forward to batman, but I can wait while other games occupy my time.

weren't people just bitching about WB not fixing game breaking bugs in arkham origins?

Take the time that is needed I say. All the waifu games announced yesterday will keep me busy anyhow.

Luigi87

But 2015 won't be during Batman's 75th =(
... Well, unless it comes out before the 76th anniversary in early 2015, then...

... Need more information!

huh weird since Rocksteady is working on this for a long time.

Hopefully it's turn to be something like this
Rocksteady's Batman Arkham Knight ---> 2015
WB Montreal's Batman vs Superman (WB must make this game) ---> 2016

I would prefer a World's Finest game to a Batman "vs." Superman game.

Loxley

But 2015 won't be during Batman's 75th =(
... Well, unless it comes out before the 76th anniversary in early 2015, then...

... Need more information!

Technically, Batman's 75th "birthday" (ie the release of Detective Comics #27 in 1939) isn't until May - so really as long as WB gets it out before the end of May 2015 it'll still be within Batman's 75th year :)

Psykoboy2

I really hope it isn't true. I kind of like seasonal releases. By that I mean games that take place during the same season they are released. Origins was nice cause it took place on Christmas Eve and that was fun to play getting close to the holidays.

Arkham Knight takes place during Halloween so I was really looking forward to playing it during the time of the year.

It's a small detail, but just one I enjoy, personally.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Son of a....

I hope this isn't true but every delay rumor has been spot on so far. This was my #1 game for Q4 so that kind of ruins the end of the gaming year. Fuck!

Sojgat

If it's true, I hope WB at least puts out a PS4/Xbone collection of the first 3 Arkham games, sometime this year.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
They did advertising for this during March Madness. That's a pretty big waste of cash if it's getting pushed. Even so, it'll probably drop in March 2015 if anything.

odhiex

Do I want it to be released sooner? , of course no doubt about it.

But I hope they don't rush it.. I definitely can wait. Since I would probably buy a ps4 at least for another 1-2 years anyway.

Penguin

I read about this the day, but was the only site reporting on it

And Bleeding Cool doesn't have the greatest reputation in the comic world. No one has really commented on it one way or another. We'll see

This was reported by a number of small websites, but none of the major ones said anything about it. Take it with a grain of salt etc.

Because it was announced in a Comic panel, so the shockwaves will take a while to hit the video game sites.

And Bleeding Cool doesn't have the greatest reputation in the comic world.

More to do with Rich Johnston being Rich Johnston.

I've never had an issue with a developer pushing back the release of a game, especially ones as high profile AAA as this one, in order to make it right. GTAV's delay stung like a motherfucker but when I played it it blew my expectations away.

Plenty to play in the meantime.

Giant Bomb crew said it had an absolutely terrible framerate and crashed multiple times during their demo (Brad also said it probably had the best graphics he's ever seen). I guess even if it sticks to the October release that is still more than enough time to fix framerate and crashes, but at the same time it gives reason to believe this rumor.

You would have thought that someone who went to Wondercon would have posted this news on a forum somewhere. I suspect Gameranx and BleedingCool is making up bollocks.

bryanee

God I hope not. There's only a couple of games I'm interested in this fall, don't take away my most anticipated one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom