• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Knight pushed back to 2015? [No major sites reporting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeaisis

I had a feeling this would happen. It seemed weird announcing a title early 2014 to be released by the end of the year.

But this is till un-official, yes? So there's hope still.
Right?

Jagsrock

Banned
Huh. At this point im seriously thinking about just picking up a ps3 this summer and not even worrying about getting a ps4 till next year or at least the holiday season.

there would of been info out days ago if this was real

Checking, the con happened 18th to the 20th of this month, and the DC panel happened on the Friday 18th. The Gameranx article is dated the 20th. Yeah, the articles in the OP are definitely bollocks if the supposed info turned up a couple of days later.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Weird In multiple respects. They announced a release date just recently and that no one bothered to report it (if it was actually announced at wondercon)

iratA

There are plenty of good 2015 games, too. Civilization: Beyond Earth, Galactic Civilizations 3, Hearts of Iron 4, The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, Cyberpunk 2077, Torment: Tides of Numenera. And now I'm supposed to find time for A:K that year?

ZncZhrn.png

If Alien: Isolation doesn't make this year I'll probably have to kill myself or something.

^Woah woah... I know Cyberpunk was originally planned for 2015, but in light of the Witcher 3 delay into 2015 and seemingly longer production cycles surely we can't expect this next year? ...Can we?

I would actually be a little relieved if it was delayed into next year. I want this to be the definitive Batman game. No corners cut.

Do I want it to be released sooner? , of course no doubt about it.

But I hope they don't rush it.. I definitely can wait. Since I would probably buy a ps4 at least for another 1-2 years anyway.

By the time it's released, the game will have been in development for about three years. If a game can be considered rushed in that amount of time, then The Last Guardian is right on schedule.

I've never had an issue with a developer pushing back the release of a game, especially ones as high profile AAA as this one, in order to make it right. GTAV's delay stung like a motherfucker but when I played it it blew my expectations away.
yeah, GTA:O definitely blew me away

^Woah woah... I know Cyberpunk was originally planned for 2015, but in light of the Witcher 3 delay into 2015 and seemingly longer production cycles surely we can't expect this next year? ...Can we?

Yeah, I really doubt Cyberpunk makes 2015. Seems like that game has just vanished now that Witcher 3 is so far along (not that we've really seen much of it either).

Jacob4815

It will not be delayed.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52252
The panel then played a second video game trailer for the new Batman game, “Batman: Arkham Knight,” the trailer featuring a voiceover with Thomas Wayne asking his son to look after Gotham over images of gameplay as Batman faces Two-Face and his gas-masked goons.

Cunningham said the game will come out later this year, before speaking about the “return of Injustice” to cheers and applause

iratA

Yeah, I really doubt Cyberpunk makes 2015. Seems like that game has just vanished now that Witcher 3 is so far along (not that we've really seen much of it either).

Only a teaser but that was enough for it to be pushed to the top of my most wanted list.

On topic: I know press have been shown snippets but we've got nothing substantial 'gameplay footage' wise on Batman yet do we?

Ephemeris

Giant Bomb crew said it had an absolutely terrible framerate and crashed multiple times during their demo (Brad also said it probably had the best graphics he's ever seen). I guess even if it sticks to the October release that is still more than enough time to fix framerate and crashes, but at the same time it gives reason to believe this rumor.

Yeah I listened to that podcast. They also got the impression that it wouldn't be a problem though.

Yeah I listened to that podcast. They also got the impression that it wouldn't be a problem though.

Yeah, obviously shitty frames and crashes are a common thing in previews. I'm sure whether it's pushed or not it will be way better on release. 5-6 months is a long time to iron that shit out. Just saying that it also wouldn't be shocking to hear of a delay given the state it was apparently in when previewed.

Ephemeris

Yeah, obviously shitty frames and crashes are a common thing in previews. I'm sure whether it's pushed or not it will be way better on release. 5-6 months is a long time to iron that shit out. Just saying that it also wouldn't be shocking to hear of a delay given the state it was apparently in when previewed.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I wouldn't want the game to be delayed but after the podcast I certainly wasn't surprised by the news.

Cunningham could have had the wrong info you know :(

But yeah, this is the big 75th anniversary push. They want this in 2014.

Some Nobody

Vaguely, I recall a post saying CP wouldn't suffer any delays because of TW3. They've got completely separate teams.

Worth mentioning that article was edited because that's where I originally read AK being pushed back to 2015.

Some Nobody

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I wouldn't want the game to be delayed but after the podcast I certainly wasn't surprised by the news.

Cunningham could have had the wrong info you know :(

But yeah, this is the big 75th anniversary push. They want this in 2014.

Cunningham's quote is what we're arguing over. Other sites claim he said it was pushed back to 2015.

Vaguely, I recall a post saying CP wouldn't suffer any delays because of TW3. They've got completely separate teams.

Have they ever flat out publicly stated CP would be 2015? I remember them saying their next two big game would be 2014 and 2015, but I can't remember if they ever blatantly said CP for 2015 (though that was obviously the original plan given W3 was the 2014 game they spoke of).

Lernaean

Banned
It's better that they delay it and sell a polished game than rushing it and have us spending the next few months downloading patches. Patience never hurt anyone.

Warewolf

It would be prudent to wait for an announcement before getting riled up over this but Giantbomb mentioned the gameplay demo they witnessed (played?) being EXTREMELY rough in the frame-rate department despite looking beautiful. So that lends some credence to this.

Sanke__

Lol video game sales are gonna be awful this holiday season.

I hope everyone is ready for all the doom and gloom tablets are killing consoles nonsense.

First half of 2015 should be good though.

Next gen games are starting to be like the dragons from game of thrones

They are coming im super cereal

fine with me, we still got the order 1886, alien isolation, dragon age inqusition, destiny, evil within and many more.

All of which are on last gen besides the order

Redshirt

Banned
I'm looking forward to this, but I it wouldn't matter much to me if it did get delayed. With DA:I, Shadows of Mordor and Alien coming out on the 7th, this one's probably getting back-burnered anyway.

3bdelilah

Banned
There are plenty of good 2015 games, too. Civilization: Beyond Earth, Galactic Civilizations 3, Hearts of Iron 4, The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, Cyberpunk 2077, Torment: Tides of Numenera. And now I'm supposed to find time for A:K that year?

ZncZhrn.png

If Alien: Isolation doesn't make this year I'll probably have to kill myself or something.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 will surely delay to at least Fall 2015, if not somewhere in 2016, due to The Witcher 3's delay.

And you forgot Zelda U :D unless you're not big on Nintendo.
(still hoping for a Fall 2014 release but that seems highly unlikely)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
As long as they are fine tuning it, take all the time you need. Better be pristine though, that trailer was CG but I expect something great and not a downgradeathon.

3bdelilah

Banned
I dont expect Cyberpunk at the very least until 2017

That depends on how many teams they've got at the moment. I think it's pretty doable to let the half of the Witcher 3 crew work on Cyberpunk, while the other half gives it a polished finishing touch. But yes, I expect it to be Fall 2016.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Lol video game sales are gonna be awful this holiday season.

I hope everyone is ready for all the doom and gloom tablets are killing consoles nonsense.

First half of 2015 should be good though.

Next gen games are starting to be like the dragons from game of thrones

They are coming im super cereal

All of which are on last gen besides the order

The fall is when your not so average gamer lines up for the next shooter. They bring their friends, kids start cursing online, and game stores across the nation start selling season passes.

I'd say we're better off with the games that are coming out. I wish things would change. This FPS fad makes it worse. Batman will do well if they do it right, so the wait will be worth it.

Fads add stereotypes and opinions not needed for the industry to succeed.

Could you imagine a CoD getting delayed? Life as we know it would be in a paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom