• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson drops huge Halo 2 Anniversary hint...

Another massive hint at HALO2 Anniversary.

It's from Larry's official blog.

14348721514_c45bbd6650.jpg

Guaranteed as coming at this point. Really, really hope the multiplayer is 1:1 with OG Halo 2. #

Why wouldn't that just be Halo 2 running on a Surface Pro or some other tablet with a full version of Windows 8.1? The picture is from his announcement of the One controller's PC drivers being released.

ElRenoRaven

Oh no doubt that's a hint. Not that we needed anymore. I mean out of any game you could show you pick Halo 2 Vista. The game that is pretty much dead now thanks to the GFWL shutdown. Yea the odds of that seem slim unless you picked it for a reason. What I hope is that it is a hint that the Master Chief Collection or whatever they end up calling it is also coming to PC. Course I doubt that it will.

nib95

Banned
I think most of what Ntkrnl said is going to be true, with the exception of a few changes which are part and parcel of this industry, e.g. the Quantum Break delay, and the TitanFall designed console being taken out of the TitanFall bundle.

It's probably a hint that it's also coming to PCs. Halo 2 MP only runs on Windows Vista, and the Surface tablets run Windows 8...

BibiMaghoo

Why wouldn't that just be Halo 2 running on a Surface Pro or some other tablet with a full version of Windows 8.1? The picture is from his announcement of the One controller's PC drivers being released.

This is what I thought, its to show the controller working with PC.

Pooya

It's running on Surface Pro 3 which has the uncommon aspect ratio of 3:2 at 1440p, dunno if Halo 2V would run full screen at that or not...

iirc the game didn't go above 1080p or something like that. it didn't support all aspect ratios either, maybe he's playing with screen stretched over there...

Scanna

It is PC version, but I don't think that he has chosen a random game to present this...he's messing with us

RetroStu

Banned
It doesn't really matter if its the PC version or not, we all know the game is coming.
He's just having a bit of fun with us.

ElRenoRaven

That is the PC version of Halo 2. Non-news.

You don't get it do you? Sure it's the old PC version of Halo 2 but there is no doubt they picked that game for a reason. Now what it could be hinting at is up for interpretation. It could be hinting to a steam release for the franchise. It could be a subtle hint that they haven't forgotten Halo 2 hence Halo 2 anniversary. It could mean a lot of things. But they did choose that game for a reason instead of choosing a newer game.

Top Bottom