• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson drops huge Halo 2 Anniversary hint...

ElRenoRaven

As far as what is on my screen, many of you are reading too much into my intention. Halo 2 Vista is what I had available to test the controller.

A stretch?

Ohhh come on people, it's beyond a obvious that this is a hint at a Halo 2 remake.

Otherwise Larry went and downloaded an old ass Halo game on the PC to show off that the drivers work?

Besides, what does the picture actually show other than Halo 2 and an Xbox One controller being plugged in? He could of just showed off the Controller being plugged in and that it, but he chose to put Halo 2 on the screen.

According to him that's what he did. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt here. It's just as Frankie put it an accidental red herring. Still doesn't stop the fact that Halo 2 in some form is coming out this fall. ;p

Muffdraul

MS guy A: "OK guys, we need to have a game running on the tablet screen. We can use any MS PC game we want."

MS guy B: "Hmm, how about something from 10 years ago that we stopped supporting a long time ago?"

MS guy A: "Makes sense."

As far as what is on my screen, many of you are reading too much into my intention. Halo 2 Vista is what I had available to test the controller.

239473_o.gif

DarkD75

Neo Member
Could this be hinting at a new Xbox streaming service like Playstation Now? That would be a huge announcement for E3.

Naminator

Banned
I'm guessing Titanfall on a surface wouldn't run especially well, and spartan assault does not need a controller at all. Neither would have been a good choice.

And Halo 2 just absolutely NEEDS a controller?

According to him that's what he did. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt here. It's just as Frankie put it an accidental red herring. Still doesn't stop the fact that Halo 2 in some form is coming out this fall. ;p
Well, what can I say, the Pandora's Box can't be closed.

Well of course he dug out an old Halo 2 Vista disc, plugged in a USB disc drive, waited for it to install and loaded it up to take the picture. I mean, what else was he going to do, launch Halo Spartan Assault from his desktop?

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Noob question: Windows surface can play games like Halo? Holy crap, got to be me a surface.

Surface Pro runs a full version of Windows 8. You can run Steam and a good array of PC games, yes and anything else that runs on Windows 8.

Hell, my Dell Venue 8 Pro runs a bulk of PC games nicely.

ElRenoRaven

Rocking a Voodoo Vince avatar?

VOODOO FUCKING VINCE IS MAKING A COMEBACK...

That game was a fun game. MS published some kick ass games in the Xbox 1 era. VOODOO Vince, Whacked, Bloodwake, Blinx, Kung Fu Chaos. So many fun games. I kind of wish they still made games like those. I know they weren't popular and didn't sell well but still they were nice diversions from the AAA games that the system had.

Is anybody still doubting that H2A is happening at this point? You can't do a Anniversary edition for Halo CE and NOT do one for Halo 2.

He could have picked a million other games to take a picture with the announcement or no picture at all but he chose Halo 2. Obviously, hint towards something and a wink to the fans.

Everyone knows H2A is being announced next week, it's not news lol.

MS guy A: "OK guys, we need to have a game running on the tablet screen. We can use any MS PC game we want."

MS guy B: "Hmm, how about something from 10 years ago that we stopped supporting a long time ago?"

MS guy A: "Makes sense."

PC servers are still running.

gorfyako

Banned
That game was a fun game. MS published some kick ass games in the Xbox 1 era. VOODOO Vince, Whacked, Bloodwake, Blinx, Kung Fu Chaos. So many fun games. I kind of wish they still made games like those. I know they weren't popular and didn't sell well but still they were nice diversions from the AAA games that the system had.

I just wish those first Xbox exclusives would make their way to PC.

DarkD75

Neo Member
Noob question: Windows surface can play games like Halo? Holy crap, got to get me a surface.

I understand that, but unless they have something more than Halo 2 anniversary edition for Xbone I don't see much of an impact announcing this for E3. I mean Halo 2 was one of the worst campaign Halo games. The only saving grace for that game was multiplayer and it doesn't stand up to more modern games like Titanfall. That's why I think a streaming service would be the huge announcement that they need for this years E3.

soldat7

At best we'll get a campaign remake and a bunch of Halo 2 maps remade by CA powered by a modified Halo 4 MP engine.

Kelsey

Banned
At best we'll get a campaign remake and a bunch of Halo 2 maps remade by CA powered by a modified Halo 4 MP engine.

Why would they port the Halo 4 MP engine to Xbox One? Would make more sense to use a modified version of whatever Halo 5 is using.

Ah man, Kung Fu Chaos was amazing. Such a great game, would be even more amazing if it released now with online co-op.

And Bloodwake. I've been wanting a sequel for years. Years. I'm starting to think it might never happen...

Magwik

Banned
The thing that should be pointed out is that Halo 2 on PC is pretty dead and is an odd choice to pick out for XB1 driver support. Plus the Halo 2 servers on PC were supposed to be shut down like a year ago but they kept delaying it.

Top Bottom