• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson drops huge Halo 2 Anniversary hint...

KiDdYoNe

Oh, i thought Halo 2 Anniversary is a fact. AFAIK Saber Interactive doing the campaign again, can't tell anything about mp.

Ubersnug

It may well be the PC version he's showing, but this has to be deliberate, of all the games he could have shown, he chose Halo 2. Unless he has been hiding under a rock the past few months, he is more than aware of ALL the forum threads and websites reporting on the 'rumoured' Halo 2 anniversary edition. It could also be a nod of Halo 2 coming to steam....

You don't get it do you? Sure it's the old PC version of Halo 2 but there is no doubt they picked that game for a reason. Now what it could be hinting at is up for interpretation. It could be hinting to a steam release for the franchise. It could be a subtle hint that they haven't forgotten Halo 2 hence Halo 2 anniversary. It could mean a lot of things. But they did choose that game for a reason instead of choosing a newer game.

Exactly. Some of y'all are missing the bigger picture.

All will be revealed on Monday ;)

The fact that he chose Halo 2 makes me think it is a hint but it is so hard to say for sure. That pic really makes me want a SP3 though, damn that looks so sexy.

ElRenoRaven

I think it is, considering he's been hinting at it in the past.

Otherwise they'd show off Titanfall or Spartan Assault.

Exactly. Why Halo 2? Spartan Assault or even Titanfall would have been more logical choices. Spartan Assault more so since it's Halo and a digital title that can be downloaded from the windows store. They went out of their way to pick Halo 2 Vista.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
PEOPLE we know its running on Windows, and it has been even since it was released. That is not the point. Why in all game he decided to choose Halo 2 to show off the controller support is the most interesting part. That's pretty cool actually.

2San

You don't get it do you? Sure it's the old PC version of Halo 2 but there is no doubt they picked that game for a reason. Now what it could be hinting at is up for interpretation. It could be hinting to a steam release for the franchise. It could be a subtle hint that they haven't forgotten Halo 2 hence Halo 2 anniversary. It could mean a lot of things. But they did choose that game for a reason instead of choosing a newer game.
Yeah that's why it's a "hint" rather than confirmation.

klodeckel

Banned
I understand the argument "he just wants to show a game with a Xbox One controller hooked on". I get that one. However!

The real question (and probably hint) is: why would he show a 10 year old game in such a situation? That does not make sense just to show the driver function. He could have showed something new like Titanfall. However, Larry didn't. Instead he is using Halo 2. And: at the end of the text, he is refering to

We look forward to sharing more about the amazing lineup of games coming to Xbox during our Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing, Xbox: Game On,

... Why would he do that in a news about a PC driver?

For me this is an obvious hint :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why wouldn't that just be Halo 2 running on a Surface Pro or some other tablet with a full version of Windows 8.1? The picture is from his announcement of the One controller's PC drivers being released.

I can tell you plainly that is ALL it is. Vista version, in fact.

#nofunallowed.gif

BibiMaghoo

I think it is, considering he's been hinting at it in the past.

Otherwise they'd show off Titanfall or Spartan Assault.

I'm guessing Titanfall on a surface wouldn't run especially well, and spartan assault does not need a controller at all. Neither would have been a good choice.

isnt this just a screenshot of the old halo 2 PC port?

edit:yup

It is... but that is the tease... why else would he use an old screenshot of a PC game?????

I'm guessing Titanfall on a surface wouldn't run especially well, and spartan assault does not need a controller at all. Neither would have been a good choice.

It is a picture... not a movie. Also Surface 3 can run those.

ElRenoRaven

I can tell you plainly that is ALL it is. Vista version, in fact.

#nofunallowed.gif

Well yea. I think we can all agree on that. I mean I don't think anyone is disputing that it's the vista version there. It's the intention behind using it though for that shot.

spookyfish

So, wait. Why are people getting excited for Halo 2 anniversary? Is this a different thing than the rumored Halo set of 1-4?

I'm confused ... which isn't unusual for me, I'm afraid.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well yea. I think we can all agree on that. I mean I don't think anyone is disputing that it's the vista version there. It's the intention behind using it though for that shot.

It's an accidental red herring. Sorry. Ain't happening. Well, I mean, it's already happened, since you can already play it. Nothing new happening.

Barzul

He could've used Fable or any other GFWL title. He chose Halo 2. Can't see why it shouldn't be considered a huge hint.

Welfare

It's an accidental red herring. Sorry. Ain't happening. Well, I mean, it's already happened, since you can already play it. Nothing new happening.

Sure...

And I guess you are correct. Nothing new is happening to the VISTA version of Halo 2.

Caayn

Don't believe his lies people. H2A is coming, it is..... *runs away crying*

Wurdfurd

This is NOT a MASSIVE hint at H2A. This is a post saying "hey look heres an xbox one controller running on a Surface (buy one btw, pls) and oh look its Halo 2 a game that was on Xbox but is also on PC HEY YOU USE THIS CONTROLLER AND ITS LIKE XBOX BUT ON THIS SURFACE (still, buy one btw, pls)"

What happened to Halo: The Master Chief Collection? Is this still a thing and still coming?

If so doesn't this make this game redundant?

Major Nelson

Neo Member
As far as what is on my screen, many of you are reading too much into my intention. Halo 2 Vista is what I had available to test the controller.

Skele7on

Banned

You mean Rouge right?

Damn frank, why do you have to be so cold :(

I still believe. Everyone:

lRLIrgJ.png

Naminator

Banned
Meh. It's a post for the new PC drivers and saying that the game he picked is some sort of huge hint is a stretch.

A stretch?

Ohhh come on people, it's beyond a obvious that this is a hint at a Halo 2 remake.

Otherwise Larry went and downloaded an old ass Halo game on the PC to show off that the drivers work?

Besides, what does the picture actually show other than Halo 2 and an Xbox One controller being plugged in? He could of just showed off the Controller being plugged in and that it, but he chose to put Halo 2 on the screen.

Top Bottom