• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson drops huge Halo 2 Anniversary hint...

Grief.exe

PC gamers have been wondering what will happen to games like Halo 2, Gears of War, etc that are inundated with the ailing GFWL DRM. Microsoft continues to tell us that they have news coming down the line.

Either way, I find it quite a stretch that this is a PC-related blog post, running a copy of Halo 2 PC, then making the leap to HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY CONFIRMED.

wwm0nkey

It's like they showed it on a discless device to taunt people that it never went on DD. Also shows they went through strange troubles just to show H2V for that reason too.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so basically y'all think that they'd deliberately tease it and then go out of their way to deny that it was a tease?

I think if it was a tease they wouldn't be denying it in this thread.

Please let this be a tease for a Steam re-release of 2 (and a release of 3 while they're at it!)

Don't care too much for an anniversary remake but yeah, I don't think this picture is hinting at that anyway.

MNC

Why wouldn't that just be Halo 2 running on a Surface Pro or some other tablet with a full version of Windows 8.1? The picture is from his announcement of the One controller's PC drivers being released.

Pretty sure the Vista and OG Halo 2 didn't have Guide in the main menu. Could be wrong.

AmyS

Bring Back The New Mombasa level from E3 '03 cause you'll win back so much of the hardcore base as the reaction will be like this only OneMillion-Fold greater considering 11 years later, the shock & awe-some, etc

That is all.

Pretty sure the Vista and OG Halo 2 didn't have Guide in the main menu. Could be wrong.

halo2menu_medium.jpg

Espi

Banned
PC gamers have been wondering what will happen to games like Halo 2, Gears of War, etc that are inundated with the ailing GFWL DRM. Microsoft continues to tell us that they have news coming down the line.

Either way, I find it quite a stretch that this is a PC-related blog post, running a copy of Halo 2 PC, then making the leap to HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY CONFIRMED.

Everyone assumes this has to lead to H2A for PC, but what if it's just simply hinting at the removal of GFWL? H2A can be used to push console sales, fans that don't care about updated graphics can enjoy Halo 2 Vista.

I find it odd they chose that game of all possible games. Either Microsoft just wants to crush dreams or it's hinting at something. They've been slowly getting a better rep among the PC crowd, this would only help.

Why wouldn't that just be Halo 2 running on a Surface Pro or some other tablet with a full version of Windows 8.1? The picture is from his announcement of the One controller's PC drivers being released.

It probably is, but him posting this picture right before E3 indicates that there's something Halo 2 related news coming our way.

Kssio_Aug

1- I dont know if thats a hint, but by the look of it, it IS the Halo 2 for Vista (so it doesnt matter how its there, it doesnt seem a different version).
2- He doesnt need to have it pirated. It could be only a screenshot to illustrate it.
3- He said it has nothing to do with Halo 2 Anniversary.
4- Halo is probably the biggest system seller franchise for Xbox. That said, I dont think would be smart to make it a multiplatform with PC if they intend to make Xbox One more successful.

Im not saying it will certainly not happen, but I have some reasons to believe its indeed not happening.

It probably is, but him posting this picture right before E3 indicates that there's something Halo 2 related news coming our way.

Right but hasn't that been assumed for ages now? I think people are inferring far too much about one picture and I say that as someone that sees Halo 2 Anniversary and/or a Halo HD Collection being announced as a foregone conclusion.

Right but hasn't that been assumed for ages now? I think people are inferring far too much about one picture and I say that as someone that sees Halo 2 Anniversary and/or a Halo HD Collection being announced as a foregone conclusion.

There are just too many rumors regarding Halo 2 so it's almost inevitable that people come to the Halo 2 anniversary conclusion.

Detective

Bring Back The New Mombasa level from E3 '03 cause you'll win back so much of the hardcore base as the reaction will be like this only OneMillion-Fold greater considering 11 years later, the shock & awe-some, etc

That is all.

Wow.
that's really epic
I hope they really do.
Man, Listen to the music.
BRING MARTY BAACK

Top Bottom