• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're the Worst |OT| a great FXX comedy - Season 2 premieres Sept 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
b8fc5770dbc96687f2d9a724bb25692b.jpg

Gorillaz

the commercials I've seen of it makes it come off a little too hard as a "modern take on relationships" (same for the married show as well) but maybe the show will prove me wrong

- Forbes review
You’re the Worst contains a lot of potential in its first two episodes. While many will go in expecting to hate it, by the end, some will come out realizing there’s more to the raunchy sitcom than meets the eye. At the very least, it’s a series worth examination through the remainder of season one. If by the end, it hasn’t fully grabbed you, feel free to leave, but there’s a good chance that won’t be the case.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That trailer looks terrible, or should I say the worst.

The guy's not really interesting, and the girl looks like she's trying to hard to be the cool, carefree chick. It'll probably be a hit.

- RogerEbert.com review
One of the reasons that "You’re the Worst" works so well is that we buy this relationship instantly. Geere and Cash have chemistry.
- Newsday review
"You're the Worst" exudes some charm (Cash is rich indeed) but can't keep from overstepping, either. It's saved by relationship detail and human vulnerability that "Married" utterly misses.
- Variety review
The show mimics an indie-film sensibility, with each of the leads conveying just enough vulnerability to offset their odious ways, although it’s not clear that’s enough — especially with the duo essentially being the entire show. (His roommate, her friend and the kid neighbor all feel more like devices than characters.)
- Metacritic page

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty decent pilot.

Also, holy shit @ those sex scenes! We even saw pubes in the last one. FX is really pushing the envelope when it comes to sex/nudity on basic cable.

Aya sounded a lot like Zooey D. at the start, but as the episode that affect went away.

As a show I thought it was a lot of fun. FX pushing boundaries once again. Wow. And morally ambiguous characters doing whatever to get ahead.

I'm in.

Edit:

^ I'm not a copycat. :p

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I don't think I like the roommate character at all. He feels like he's from a totally different show. I have no idea why that kid is part of this either. Some of the gags and the Hollywood satire bits are pretty heavily on the obvious side.

I think there's something good going on with the leads however.

beat

The creator of the show used to do recaps for TWoP! Also, I just like this show, but the TWoP connection woulda been cool anyways.

Linius

Must say I'm really liking this so far. Though a lenghty scene that can only be funny and understood if you've seen a certain movie might not be the smartest idea in the second episode of your brand new show. Was a good scene for me though.

Linius

Agreed with above posters, great stuff so far. Only think Jimmy's rants go on a bit long from time to time. They sound like he rehearsed them and is giving a presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom